Hume - fractured skull

Status
Not open for further replies.
get well soon humey!!!! the tackle was deliberate he should be banned as long as hume is out of the game at the very least!!!! this is one of those instances where the FA should step in and look at the evidence and give morgan a severe ban

get well soon humey!!!! the tackle was deliberate he should be banned as long as hume is out of the game at the very least!!!! this is one of those instances where the FA should step in and look at the evidence and give morgan a severe ban

Doesn't the fact that the ref has already dealt with the incident mean that the FA can't intervene? (Or has that changed?)

Doesn't the fact that the ref has already dealt with the incident mean that the FA can't intervene? (Or has that changed?)

the ref booked morgan but like you say the FA's hands are tied but i still think the FA should get involved as it was blatant and shouldnt be allowed in the game the FA should make an example of morgan

the ref booked morgan but like you say the FA's hands are tied but i still think the FA should get involved as it was blatant and shouldnt be allowed in the game the FA should make an example of morgan

I totally agree YV, however what they should do and what they will do are usually two totally different things and I don't expect this incident to be any different

i'd like to wish humey all the best and a full recovery, morgan deserves a huge ban at least for this, it's not as if its the first time he's done something like this and hope someone gives him a right battering.

thoughts are with humey and his family, such a shame.

Did it actually look that bad? From what I heard it was a bad tackle and deserved a red card but it wasn't a sickening looking challenge?

Only Morgan will know whether or not he intended to hurt Hume. It has been suggested that Referee D'Urso had been alerted to alleged previous use of the elbow by Morgan during the match and it will be interesting to learn what he (D'Urso) has to say about that. I must say that D'Urso is one of the referees who has attracted particular attention in the past because of his glaringly bad decisions.

In principle, I think that it's right that players be held accountable outside the game for recklessness shown in sport but obviously it's difficult to define what is reckless and I assume most people (except the lawyers) want to avoid soccer and other matches frequently ending in litigation.

they're showing it on skysports news.
Nasty stuff.

yes, and their first goal came after their player clearly ran the ball out on the sideline by a foot but was utterly missed by the lino and ref.....but not by us! Grr.

Not forgetting the countless other decisions that went against us when he was the ref......

Hang on......was he the ref who made Muzzy re-take the penalty at Man Utd after Barthez was pratting about and after Muzzy scored claimed he wasn't ready?

yes, and their first goal came after their player clearly ran the ball out on the sideline by a foot but was utterly missed by the lino and ref.....but not by us! Grr.

Not forgetting the countless other decisions that went against us when he was the ref......

Hang on......was he the ref who made Muzzy re-take the penalty at Man Utd after Barthez was pratting about and after Muzzy scored claimed he wasn't ready?

This game you mean?

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=334711

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572