Hume, thread the second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hume

Can I play Na Na na Na Na Na on your Hammond Organ, please?

And can we all join in, to thank Ian Hume for his commitment to this club?

He's saving us.

He's a star.

he's not saved us from anything yet. next week is our cup final and we need a big performance from all 11 players, i hope that hume scores when we need it most.

personally i think he is our most gifted player, but he does lack end product.

I'm truly fed up with arguing with guys I like and admire and respect, like Macky and others, but, you know what? You're wrong about Hume.

To the best of my knowledge, we've never argued innocent my love.

But I will add, I've two dogs, one named Fosse the other Missy. The second is named after Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuume.

I was going to call the second dog 'Row Z' but I thought 'Missy' was more charitable.

Last edited:
Well as a implanted canuck, hats of to the lad for securing a victory at Barnsley.
Getting the important equalizer last week.
What more can you ask from a striker when we are in such a desperate situation.
One more winner next week Hume thats all we ask.

Large double double for Hume when he comes home for the summer.

I have been a critic of Hume for at least two seasons now, and he is no better now than when he joined us. His workrate is phenomenal, he can do a 'Robbie Savage' and chase people and lost causes all day. He is a great jumper - basketball player I believe in a previous life - but only occassionally does the headed ball go anywhere useful. He has always tried the clever first touch and he is still useless at it!

I would love to see his shooting stats! Far from saving us now, he is in a small way making up for all the games we drew or lost because Huuuume was blasting it into Row Z!

Every game he has played in he has had one or two 'easy' chances that he either created or were passes to him that he should have buried. I would not be surprised if he has not cost us at least 20 points this season in 'wasted' chances.

Having said all that, I would always want him in the team or on the bench because he CAN make a difference in the game. It is just so frustrating that when he gets into a good position in front of goal, it is either blasted into orbit or he dithers and tries to 'walk' it into the net, instead of calmly laying it off to another player.

His best play this season though has always been, as in his second half role today, sat in the roving 'pocket' behind two front men. I truly believe Hayles is a far more 'gifted' striker than Hume but rarely gets the credit, although his workrate and speed is as good as Hume.

Look, it must be several years since I started a thread on here, but, hey, when you got summat to say, you got summat to say.

And what I'd like to say is that this board is totally unfair to Ian Hume.

Right, he's not perfect. Right his ego is as big as the Ramada. Right, at times he's over-indulged by the BMs. Whatever.

But actually, right now, he's saving our club from the drop.

I was here in the Muzzy era, and before that in the Walshie era, and before that in the JULIAN years, and none of them got this filth from the board that Hume gets. What's up with you guys?

Hume cares. And, he's a goal scorer. And I'm truly fed up with arguing with guys I like and admire and respect, like Macky and others, but, you know what? You're wrong about Hume.

His heart is as great as Muzzy's. His skill isn't as brilliant. His persistence is as great as Walshie's. His aggression isn't as focussed. His eye for goal is as great as Julian's, although he lacks the finesse.

But can you lot please drop the attitude, and see what this bloke is doing for us?

Just because the BMs love him doesn't mean he's excrement.

In fact, he's saving us. He cares. He's our best goal-scorer. His heart is as great as any of the former stars of our club.

So why do some of you delight in putting him down? Continually?

Maybe it's because you haven't got a clue.

That's my opinion. And I wrote a best-selling book about football, so I know summat about it.

End of.

Two months. He is not as effective as he should be for the effort he puts in and never seems to be to bring others into the game. Either he lacks quality ultimately or he has suffered from looking like shite like any number of other players when playing for City.

Lastly as others have said he gets more praise than his effectiveness deserves.

Look, it must be several years since I started a thread on here

Naaah! It was less than two months ago.

Now stop hogging it and let somebody else have a go!!

I was here in the Muzzy era, and before that in the Walshie era, and before that in the JULIAN years, and none of them got this filth from the board that Hume gets.

What 'filth' are you talking about?

You'll find few people had heard of the internet when Julian was at Leicester, this site certainly wasn't around then. So obviously he didn't get any stick from us :icon_roll

Hume cares.

So did lots of players, who didn't get the adulation Hume gets.

And, he's a goal scorer.

33 goals in 130 games. One goal in four. He's right up there with the likes of Gary Lineker isn't he?

In fact, he's saving us.

We might not need saving if he really was a goalscorer.

So why do some of you delight in putting him down? Continually?

Can you give us an example of someone continually putting him down?
Or is it all in your head?

Maybe it's because you haven't got a clue.

Maybe you love Hume so much you can't see his failings.

That's my opinion. And I wrote a best-selling book about football, so I know summat about it.

End of.
What exactly makes a book 'best selling these days?
Most football fans won't have heard of your book, and writing a historical record of a women's football team doesn't mean you know how to spot a good player. End of :icon_roll

Last edited:

Gary Lineker? What was his percentage?
It doesn't matter what Gary Lineker's percentage was, because he got the job done, Iain Hume hasn't. If Iain Hume was scoring 20/25 a season, I wouldn't care how many he missed.

Yes, Hume has been there to put the ball in the net in the last two games, for which he deserves credit for now being competent at his job. Do I blame him solely when we lose? No, of course not. Should I give him sole credit when we win? No, of course not.

You could say the man to take the credit is Ian Holloway, he's the one who takes most of the blame when we lose (from me anyway).

Innocent, without meaning to do to you what you are doing to us, are you sure you've not swung too far with your feelings towards Iain Hume?

We all have opinions about players, and I am not so fickle as to let two goals in two games change my opinion. I am however prepared to have the discussion about "changing my opinion" this time next year, but two games isn't enough. But yes, he deserves a lot of the credit for possibly securing safety, but I wouldn't wish to aportion credit to any of our players this year.

Hume needs to be scoring on a much more regular basis for me to call him a star. As Melton said, if this time next year he has 25 goals to his name then he will deserve the adulation afforded to him.

IMO needs to improve his attitude and become more of a team player. Seems to do what is best most of the time for Iain Hume and not the team.

However he does deserve credit for the 2 goals he has scored which could turn out to be the most important in Leicester's recent history.

I don't think anybody has :102:

I've been his biggest critic from day one, and even I've given him credit when it's due. As I've said many a time this season, he should be up front, and he should be the first on the team sheet.

However, if he scored an acceptable percentage of his shots, instead of hitting the next village, we'd be much further up the league by now. Maybe the break has done him some good.

To be fair though, he was anonymous for the most part yesterday whilst up front. He came in to the game and then scored after he was moved out wide. I largely agree he should be up front but he proved yesterday he has something to offer from the wing.

Still think Hume is a self indulgent feckwit meself.

A couple of two yard tap ins doesn't make him a good player. Likewise, one of his rare 30 yard screamers.

For the most part, he prances around the pitch with a manner far in advance of his talent. That's what winds me up.

.....Huuuuume, he's just the type of player we and every other team needs, IMHO of course, runs all day, committed to the cause, can't argue that his goals are saving us like Mattys' did last year... another 2 next week and we'll be safe !!!!!....COME ON YOU FOXES !!!!!

Still think Hume is a self indulgent feckwit meself.

A couple of two yard tap ins doesn't make him a good player. Likewise, one of his rare 30 yard screamers.

For the most part, he prances around the pitch with a manner far in advance of his talent. That's what winds me up.
Spot on, but I'd still have him in the starting line up. That's not to flatter him though, that's purely be default.

I think certain individuals on here like to completely go against the general opinions and thoughts of the majority of fans just to feel 'unique' and superior.

Just seen the goal!!!

Sorry to piss you off, Innocent, but I'd say Hume deserves about 5% credit for it.

One of the best worked "team" goals I have seen for a long time :038: Great goal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669