I need help from a vegetarian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least these people sound like genuine vegetarians. I hate the ones that claim they are vegetarian, but eat fish.

They dont see the irony in refusing to eat animals that are reared to be eaten, but are happy in depleting struggling fish stock.

At least these people sound like genuine vegetarians. I hate the ones that claim they are vegetarian, but eat fish.

They dont see the irony in refusing to eat animals that are reared to be eaten, but are happy in depleting struggling fish stock.

Chicken is another one that some I used to know eat.

agreed many fishing practices especially deep sea fishing are much more cruel than and have a damaging effect on the ecosystem , unlike modern farming where the are strict rules in place . Maybe it because people dont see fish as cute or intelligent ! :102:

agreed many fishing practices especially deep sea fishing are much more cruel than and have a damaging effect on the ecosystem , unlike modern farming where the are strict rules in place . Maybe it because people dont see fish as cute or intelligent ! :102:

anthropomorphism...

Like the ones who go McDonalds (who introduce some of the most filthy ways to execute animals and mass produce) and have a Filet O Fish. :icon_roll The irony is by going McDonalds, you are still feeding the machine you are actually rebelling against.

Like the ones who go McDonalds (who introduce some of the most filthy ways to execute animals and mass produce) and have a Filet O Fish. :icon_roll The irony is by going McDonalds, you are still feeding the machine you are actually rebelling against.

Maybe those people are not rebelling against anything, just trying to eat healthier food?

Maybe those people are not rebelling against anything, just trying to eat healthier food?

By going McDonalds?

So a lack of protein makes you more healthy.

The point I was trying to illustrate was that by buying Fish from a trader with a high record for animal cruelty is just the same as buying Beef...the producer wins.

Last edited:
By going McDonalds? :icon_lol:

Sometimes they're the only place that's open / nearby.

Sometimes people have to eat in places they'd rather not because that's where their mates are going.

I've not been to McDonalds for years, but on the odd occasion I've been there in the past it's because I've been with a group of friends who've wanted to go there. So I've just had chips.

Maybe I'm thick but I don't see how that relates to the post you quoted.

post 23 from foxychick

"Maybe it because people dont see fish as cute or intelligent !"

people like to eat the animals they see as more human....mammals, pets etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675