Ian Hume.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I start this post by saying I'm like M17TT - used to watch every home game for the 18 or so years when I lived in Leicester, but now I've moved away I maybe only get to see half a dozen games live a year. So take this for what it's worth.

We all know the team's not particularly great right now, and from what I've seen a lot of the opinions on players on here aren't too far from the mark (FWIW I think Hume is one of our better players at the moment, but I wouldn't necesarrily put him as the guy to build a championship winning side around. But he works his arse off, and no-one can ask for more than that.)

But here's the deal - right now we're staring relegation in the face. At the weekend (which I did go to), when we were put under pressure, the team basically collapsed, and some of the players seemed to want to get rid of the ball ASAP.

There was no big, new energy from us, the crowd as a whole, for the new manager - there was a jubilant reaction to a great early goal, that gradually quietened into a nervousness over what might happen, which turned out to be justified.

As M17TT has said, do we think the players look forward to playing at the Walkers, where every poor touch or missed shot draws an appreciative groan, or where some of them get booed when the team is announced even before the kickoff?

How's that going to help? While it's difficult, beacuse the quality isn't where we want it to be, any ability the players do have is being restricted because they realise we're in the shite, and us, the fans, getting on their back is not going to help them. Let me stress, it's not the reason they're not playing well, but there's no way we're gonna help them by booing and groaning.

Tomorrow night we've got a tough home game: even though we're not likely to be playing total football, we've got to try and do our part, even if the lads are playing poorly.

Often the players have a responsibility to get the crowd going: right now it doesn;t matter who's to blame, we've got to do our part by creating as positive an atmosphere as possible. It might make sod all difference, but if it does have any effect it will be positive. How we were against Norwich might have made sod all difference, but if it did have any effect, it was negative.

Let's not finger point about who's the biggest fans, who should provide the spark for who... right now it doesn't matter. We need three or four points minimum to stay up - even if it doesn't actually make any difference, do we want to try and help, or have we already given up the ghost, or do we actually enjoy seeing the team flounder? I know we all want the first, and it's hard, but we've got to try.

Please, let's do what we can.

No I think the people that slag off our better players should get real. Yes I agree that it was a slight over-reaction but it really 'Grinds My Gears' when the players that actually put effort in and contribute to the game get slagged off.

I'm not saying that certain players can do no wrong but there were far worse performers at the previous 2 home games - which I went to - and to berate the better performers is ludicrous.

What the fcuk does it matter that for only 3 out of the past 12 seasons, I have not had a season ticket and you always like to pick up on this fact. I am just as much a fan as anyone.

****S SAKE!

Maybe you shpould read my post again. I said that his poor decision making could have cost us the game. We would have surely gone 2-0 up if it had been squared to Newton and that could have changed the game. I can't see how any one who watched the game could argue that it was not a pivotal moment?

It pisses me off that Hume get's cheered no matter what and the end product is often unproductive, (although the effort is excellent) when other players will get slagged off no matter what they do (de Vries being an example and Stearman on Saturday, despite a much improved performance).

I am surprised you know me so well - you must have sat next to me during many home and away games? I guess if you had though, you would know I only ever cheer for those wearing the blue of Leicester, no matter who it was. I have never booed a city player in my life.

I guess if you think that is going to make them play worse I will have to stop!

The players I would keep from the current squad would be:

Kisnorbo, McAuley, Johansson, McCarthy & Hume together with Logan, Stearman, Porter, Fryatt (for potential).

Maybe you shpould read my post again. I said that his poor decision making could have cost us the game. We would have surely gone 2-0 up if it had been squared to Newton and that could have changed the game. I can't see how any one who watched the game could argue that it was not a pivotal moment?

It pisses me off that Hume get's cheered no matter what and the end product is often unproductive, (although the effort is excellent) when other players will get slagged off no matter what they do (de Vries being an example and Stearman on Saturday, despite a much improved performance).

I am surprised you know me so well - you must have sat next to me during many home and away games? I guess if you had though, you would know I only ever cheer for those wearing the blue of Leicester, no matter who it was. I have never booed a city player in my life.

I guess if you think that is going to make them play worse I will have to stop!

The players I would keep from the current squad would be:

Kisnorbo, McAuley, Johansson, McCarthy & Hume together with Logan, Stearman, Porter, Fryatt (for potential).

What the fcuk are you on? But can I have some!

I think that the fans have behaved a damn sight better than the players for this season at least if not for the last few years. We have had to endure years of dross cuminating in this team and this position. The team need to give the fans something to cheer about. Just something to hold onto for 45 minutes let alone 90 minutes. If they can't do that then why should we blindly cheer them. People have put more effort into getting to one game at the Walkers than player of the team have all season!!

to be honest 21k attendance is very good! the fans deserve a clap on the back..:038:

Rather than on the tongue.

...would probably be better playing in his original position of right attacking midfielder

i like Hume and must say he is only one of a few people recently i can say gives his all and tries.

Agaisnt Norwich id say Wesolwski and Hume where are only players who tried

Hume is a top bloke, came over to the KOP and gave his shirt to a little girl, put it in her ruck sack for her to make sure nobody took it.

If he leaves in the summer i will be very very upset.

Hume is a top bloke, came over to the KOP and gave his shirt to a little girl, put it in her ruck sack for her to make sure nobody took it.

If he leaves in the summer i will be very very upset.

i agree with you at least he is a player that tries.

Wesowlski is another player id like to see stay and Levi porter

as for the rest they can all go

that little girl is my daughter hannah she is so happy at the min :biggrin: ,i dont think she will sleep tonight :icon_wink

haha i was standing next to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670