If Kelly goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
If we assume that MM wants a big name manager to attract decent players, who is available who would come here?

Most 'big name' managers if they're any good and have already got a job. Or they're past it.

Managers available at the moment include:

Sven Goran Eriksson (too expensive - doubt he'd come here)
Ron Atkinson (past it, bad reputation, out of the game too long)
George Graham (out of the game too long)
Trevor Francis (crap)
Iain Dowie (too ugly)
Glenn Hoddle (twat)
Joe Royle (dull)
Peter Reid (a monkey's brain inside a monkey's head)
Graeme Sounness (crap and a wanker)
Alan Curbishley (looking for a Premier club?)

So the man we should go for is.....Kevin Keegan! He might not be good enough at the highest level but he's always entertaining, he motivates players and he's got a fantastic record at getting teams promoted. In his first full season in charge at Newcastle, Fulham and Man City he got promoted and in each case finishing well clear at the top of the table. The only sensible choice. Come on Milan, do the right thing.

If we assume that MM wants a big name manager to attract decent players, who is available who would come here?

Most 'big name' managers if they're any good and have already got a job. Or they're past it.

Managers available at the moment include:

Sven Goran Eriksson (too expensive - doubt he'd come here)
Ron Atkinson (past it, bad reputation, out of the game too long)
George Graham (out of the game too long)
Trevor Francis (crap)
Iain Dowie (too ugly)
Glenn Hoddle (twat)
Joe Royle (dull)
Peter Reid (a monkey's brain inside a monkey's head)
Graeme Sounness (crap and a wanker)
Alan Curbishley (looking for a Premier club?)

So the man we should go for is.....Kevin Keegan! He might not be good enough at the highest level but he's always entertaining, he motivates players and he's got a fantastic record at getting teams promoted. In his first full season in charge at Newcastle, Fulham and Man City he got promoted and in each case finishing well clear at the top of the table. The only sensible choice. Come on Milan, do the right thing.

I'd be happy with Keegan.

I had a thought the other day that it could be Ron Atkinson, that thought gave me nightmares I can't stand the bloke.
If you are looking for an old head what about Howard Wilkinson :eek: :icon_conf

I'd be happy with Keegan.

I had a thought the other day that it could be Ron Atkinson, that thought gave me nightmares I can't stand the bloke.
If you are looking for an old head what about Howard Wilkinson :eek: :icon_conf

Been there, done that.

I like the idea of kevin keegan. Think he would be a good man for us, give us a bit more entertainment at any rate.

But for now I think we should be happy with Kelly.

Been there, done that.

I like the idea of kevin keegan. Think he would be a good man for us, give us a bit more entertainment at any rate.

But for now I think we should be happy with Kelly.

I know, I definately wouldn't want Wilkinson back here.
Just thought I'd put him in the mix.

I really can't believe people would like Keegan! I'd rather have RK. The only one out of that list i liked the sound of was Curbishley but he maybe out of our reach.

You never know there maybe some departures before then and even more managers available

I'll tell you honestly, I'd love it if Keegan came here, love it

maybe it's just personal preference but i really don't like the bloke. plus the moment things don't go his way he'll crack up and walk away!

Let's get Graeme Taylor! Do i not like that!

Why not?

I don't think there's another manager in the game with a record as good as his outside the Premiership.

Would he really have the motivation to do it? Given that he walks away when the going gets tough why would he join us to start with?

Why not?

I don't think there's another manager in the game with a record as good as his outside the Premiership.

Two things that work against him. One is, years ago, he was attacked in his car in Reigate while having a kip in his Range Rover by two blokes with baseball bats who mistook his hair for a mutant alien cat.

The second is, he's lost it completely now.

I reckon KK could be good for attracting some other players and with a good coach at his side, i.e. rk thern it could well work. Id love to see curbishley here but I cant see it happening. Lets hope rk stays till the end of the season and that randy lerner pulls out of villa next summer and MON wants out pretty quick.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566