If Kelly goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things that work against him. One is, years ago, he was attacked in his car in Reigate while having a kip in his Range Rover by two blokes with baseball bats who mistook his hair for a mutant alien cat.

How does that work against him?

Do you think he'll become a target for all the psychos in Leicester?

The second is, he's lost it completely now.

He loses it at every club after a while, we'll just have to make sure we get rid before he loses it here.

You wear something that looks like a mutant alien cat on your head, you're asking for trouble. Find it in Reigate, you can certainly find it in Leicester.

dour I think you have been doing to much of the thing described in your avatar it has fried your brain!

Why is every one attacking RK,

It is not his fault that the club has no money and that we are short of players, so how can you blame RK for our current situation IMO he has done well with the resources available. When RK has done something that draws any blame, then criticise him until then get of his case.

I would rather see Kelly stay on and given the opportunity to prove him self under the right circumstances. Than get in some self centred, egotistic manager, who thinks he knows it all, yet knows nothing and wastes any money MM may spend on players.

Remember PT, (£23 million and cant admit he made mistakes)
Remember DB, (I am here, I wont do anything but be here)
Remember MA, (Bunch of has been’s he bought)
Remember CL (Was so laid back he was horizontal)

All where crap, all where suppose to be experienced, all where suppose to be good for city, not one was. They where crap, every one of them was so full of their own self importance that they forgot what they where suppose to manage city. We have all been there before, and the last thing we need is another shity manager to screw up a once in a lifetime opportunity.

RK may not have the tactical ability of MON but like MON he is not an over confident, cocky arrogant big headed manager. He is down to earth, knows he has a lot to learn and takes a cautious approach to his decisions and that is what we need. We do not need some big name manager with a pre-conceived plan that has failed many times before to come in and waste money buying a bunch of under performing tosser’s.

When RK fails then I will be the first to criticise but until he does get of his case and go back to moaning about the price of the pies.

Why is every one attacking RK,

It is not his fault that the club has no money and that we are short of players, so how can you blame RK for our current situation IMO he has done well with the resources available. When RK has done something that draws any blame, then criticise him until then get of his case.

I would rather see Kelly stay on and given the opportunity to prove him self under the right circumstances. Than get in some self centred, egotistic manager, who thinks he knows it all, yet knows nothing and wastes any money MM may spend on players.

Remember PT, (£23 million and cant admit he made mistakes)
Remember DB, (I am here, I wont do anything but be here)
Remember MA, (Bunch of has been’s he bought)
Remember CL (Was so laid back he was horizontal)

All where crap, all where suppose to be experienced, all where suppose to be good for city, not one was. They where crap, every one of them was so full of their own self importance that they forgot what they where suppose to manage city. We have all been there before, and the last thing we need is another shity manager to screw up a once in a lifetime opportunity.

RK may not have the tactical ability of MON but like MON he is not an over confident, cocky arrogant big headed manager. He is down to earth, knows he has a lot to learn and takes a cautious approach to his decisions and that is what we need. We do not need some big name manager with a pre-conceived plan that has failed many times before to come in and waste money buying a bunch of under performing tosser’s.

When RK fails then I will be the first to criticise but until he does get of his case and go back to moaning about the price of the pies.

i know, i just dont know WERE he's going wrong

Last edited:
We have not criticised RK to the extent that you are saying, he's done aswell as he can. Sadly my fortune-telling skills tell me

a) I don't think he's good enough
b) He doesn't like the limelight
c) MM wants his own men

I am sad to say but Johnson, Kenton, Welsh, Low and Maculay are not very very good. 3 of them I think are not good enough for this league and they are currently passangers. 2 are only adequate.

There were other players available on the marker, Chopra and McPhail were both frees for Cardiff. The players are out there, a wheel and deal with Sheff Utd would have seen us gain a couple of decent players and various other Premier clubs.

A great thing what makes me laugh is Adams. Has-Beens he bought for one season again a mistake he learnt being a manager in that situation for the first time. As Taylor has but sadly the arrogant bugger done the same at Palace with a potful of money. This bloke got us promoted in similar circumstance to now, some of the players he had are still available and playing at this level or even higher.

Stewart, Dickov (bought from Man City Ressies), Deane (similar to Shipperley's situation now), Sinclair (between than Kenton and Maculay at this level), Mckinlay and Summerbee (both freebies).

I might be wrong about haven't we gone back since we sacked Adams?!? So if Adams could wheel-deal this well to get us up. Then why isn't Kelly, even suggesting the same?!?!? Because at least Adams had a good idea of his set-up, Summerbee, Impey, Stewart for example all crossers of the ball and then Deane wins headers. Dickov chases. Izzet the creater and McKinlay the ball winner.

I see Kelly's buys and see no cohesion.

Maculey - We had an adequate centre-half in Gerraband
Kenton - Stearman and Maybury - No better than them pair
Welsh - Potter same quality
Johnson - Midfield Rock?!? Carthorse!?!? Brought nothing to the team
Low - Not good enough, had enough right-midfielders anyway.

I would have brought in a left-back - Whittingham from Villa, Nils great job at the minute but hes a centre-half and then allowed Gerraband to go. Left-Winger with some zip, a loanee from a big Premier club would be the trick ie. Paul Anderson and Lee Martin. A big target man - De Vries sadly not the answer - Shipperley ideal, Sutton was available at one stage. A ball-winner Bircham at QPR on loan deal with permanent fee subject. Wallwork was available a few days ago.

Kelly IMO is a rabbit caught between the headlights. I think he's fully aware that his days will probably be numbered under MM.

I still support him now and I think he's done a decent job but not the brilliance I expect and want for my lovely and favourite football club at this level.

Team I would I'd like to seen at Luton on opening day

Logan

Stearman
McCarthy
Johansson
Whittingham (Villa)

Anderson/Foy (Both Liverpool)
Bircham (QPR)
Williams
Hughes

Shipperley (Sheff Utd)
Hume

Subs
Hendo
Gerrabrand
Fryatt
Wesolowski
Porter

That team IMO would make the top half...thats without Mandaric's money..at the start of the season

Maculey is streets ahead of Gerbrand. In this league an 'adequate' centre half won't do. You need 3 good centre halves to cover injuries and suspensions. Don't forget our unbeaten run coincided with his stint in the team.

I would just love it too if Keegan came here, especially if we got promoted and he could tell Ferguson 'he would have to come to the Walkers to get a result'!

Do you remember all those scorelines at Man City? How much fun was that - going to watch a match knowing that the score was going to be 5-4 but no clue as to who to!

KK had a simple strategy - score more goals than they do!

I must admit I would love to see a KK team here. I saw a lot of his Fulham promotion team and every match was a joy to watch.

But there is one problem (even assuming he wanted it) - his great track record in getting teams up and consolidating was based in large part on big spending (fees/ wages). Look at Man C - still digging themselves out of the huge debts generated as a result. I don't think anyone now believes that a MM take-over would result in silly money being available.

Oh yes

Just what we need right now is someone with a track record of spending absolutely millions, being completely and utterly tactically inept, and a habit of losing it and going mental :icon_roll

Oh yes

Just what we need right now is someone with a track record of spending absolutely millions, being completely and utterly tactically inept, and a habit of losing it and going mental :icon_roll

Well said Homer, at last city have an opertunity to get back where we should be and if thge last four managers are anthing to go by. we will probably be in the same situation in two years time

Oh yes

correct, we need a preston style manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570