If we don't go up......Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming we do go up, this period may be a good thing as it highlights a number of areas of the squad which clearly wouldn't be good enough in the championship

Apart from a couple of defenders and a couple of midfielders I reckon we will need a complete overhaul.

Complete overhauls get you nowhere, we've seen that over the past few seasons. We need to gradually build the team over 2 or 3 seasons. Only bring in about 5 or 6 players every year, any more and it completely affects the balance and spirit of the team imo

Complete overhauls get you nowhere, we've seen that over the past few seasons.

I tend to agree. But can you pick more than about five of the current crop who are capable of performing at the next level :102:

If we don't get a hundred points and at least a hundred goals this season, Pearson should be sacked.

I tend to agree. But can you pick more than about five of the current crop who are capable of performing at the next level :102:

Probably not, but i definitely think with 4 or 5 new players we can put a decent side together to maybe get up to mid-table or at least to avoid relegation and then build from there. Ill be delighted with anything above 22nd in our first season to be perfectly honest (if we go up) and Doncaster and Swansea have done really well in their first season, plus Bristol City made the play-offs in theirs last year and i dont think their squads were drastically better than ours is when they went up.

Plus, we'll have Tunchev back from injury next season to add to our current team dont forget, and he is absolutely good enough to compete in the Championship for me

Last edited:
I think you ought to have had the courage to tell your dad he's a pratt......

Well I have the courage to call you a prat! Asking a 16 year old to call his father a prat is not on. You are the prat!

Assuming we do go up, this period may be a good thing as it highlights a number of areas of the squad which clearly wouldn't be good enough in the championship

That is exactly the case.

NP has done a great professional job and all with a minimum of fuss. It is greatly to his and his staff's credit to have turned a losing mentality into a top of the league side - irrespective of the poor standard of the division which I wouldn't pay to watch..

However, as a good professional, I think he will recognise that we are no where near strong enough to compete at a higher level. We are massively dependent on Fryatt's goal output and don't have a goal keeper or midfield depth just as a start off.

The wrong thing would be to say give the present lot a chance next season as a reward for promotion - there may not be a lot of individual skill in the Championship but from what I saw of it of it , it is competitive and there are a lot of well organised physically strong teams who I think would roll us over without us seriously strengthening.

I have to say that when we go up we will be seriously short of 8 players
Goalkeeper left back, midfield, front two and right and left flanks plus a totally different style of play and thats a hell of a lot of an ask

sacking him would be madness if we went up or not. We need stability and while it would be a god damn travesty if we were to royally **** this up, replacing the manager would not be the answer. I do fear for us though, we've been stuck in this shitty run for a while now generally picking up too many draws. I don't think we have enough about us to finish on top myself but am hoping we'll be able to scrape by in 2nd.

I think you ought to have had the courage to tell your dad he's a pratt......

Haha :) I do think we will go up still. However I think we need to be thinking about if we don't go up as it is begining to look like a posibility. People are still talking like we are up. We are not.

Pearson - superb two thirds but he's made some errors in this final third of the division. It's easy to forgot it's his first full season of management. To not go up would be a tragedy esp. considering the boosted telly payments this time out.

We will go up so it doesn't matter,we won't win the League though and we aren't as good as many people like to think we are.Unless there are significant signings,and signings that are first teamers(not 'ones for the future' or 'good squad players') then we will come straight back down again.We will go up though because not even us could blow it from here,Millwall will close us down but we will cling on to second place,not enough games left for Millwall to catch us IMO

Last edited:
This is a league full of pure and utter shite. If we fail to go up, particularly given the lead we once had, it will be a dismal failure every inch as awful as that achieved by the useless motherfeckin' bastard twat Holloway

In the crazy scenario that we do not go up then not only should he be sacked, but he should be tarred and feathered and whipped soundly all the way down Charles Street

We will go up so it doesn't matter,we won't win the League though and we aren't as good as many people like to think we are.Unless there are significant signings,and signings that are first teamers(not 'ones for the future' or 'good squad players') then we will come straight back down again.We will go up though because not even us could blow it from here,Millwall will close us down but we will cling on to second place,not enough games left for Millwall to catch us IMO

This is the view I have held for some time....but I think there are two caveats:

1. If Millwall were to beat Peterborough then that would make two viable promotion contenders who could both edge us out.

2. If Leeds beat us and take virtually every other available point then it could go to the wire for us and them.

The odds still remain in our favour - but if come next Monday night things have gone badly over Easter, then I think we could fold.

We need a couple of wins and I can't see us not getting them but like I said we aren't as good as many have us down for.
That 8/1 Peterborough is looking good anyway

It should still be ok - but our vulnerability in a very poor division suggests that we would be easy prey for the better and the more physical sides in the so called 'Championship'.

It's probably a good thing that we have learned our limitations at this stage and would be in our interests to go up in 2nd place aware that new and better players (plus good quality) loanees are essential for further progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669