If we go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Now that it's a real possibility, I need to know what will happen if we go down.

Our friends up the M1 went down last year and don't seem to be making easy work of league 1 so how do you think we will fair?

Should the unthinkable happen, will the club survive? Will we end up like Barnsley, Swindon, Bradford, etc?

I am fearful that the club will collapse back into administration and this time no one will save us.

Can you imagine life without a football team to support?

Oh jesus, that's depressing.

Joe_Fox said:
Now that it's a real possibility, I need to know what will happen if we go down.

Our friends up the M1 went down last year and don't seem to be making easy work of league 1 so how do you think we will fair?

Should the unthinkable happen, will the club survive? Will we end up like Barnsley, Swindon, Bradford, etc?

I am fearful that the club will collapse back into administration and this time no one will save us.

First of all there is no reason for us to be relegated.

We have sufficent playing resources particularly in defence and midfield to be harder to beat than we are now.

It's just so obvious that the manager can't get the players to perform to their ability.

i dont think we'd go into admin. we'd lose most of the players (could be a good thing) and have to rely on the youngsters heavily (those which aren't picked off, ie weso, stearman sheehan i expect)

we'd get prmoted instantly though, we have a steadier ship than forest did i think

Last edited:
Joe_Fox said:

As depressing as it may seem, JF it is a very real possibility and one that the board need to start understanding very, very quickly, we need somebody to grab this club by the scruff of the neck and give it a feckin good shake, because at the moment the heartbeat has gone and the spirit has died.

We need somebody to instill the pride and passion, it certainly aint on the pitch, it aint sat in the dug out and it aint sat in the stands, everybody has to pull together for the sake of the club, and the board had the perfect opportunity last night to back the manager, and in a Churchillian style speech address the supporters and players that this club was very much alive and that CL is the man to drag this club back to where it belongs, starting on sunday in the cup. But sadly what have they done ...in typical Leicester City style, the moment has gone and now it appears even more apathy reigns.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
As depressing as it may seem, JF it is a very real possibility and one that the board need to start understanding very, very quickly, we need somebody to grab this club by the scruff of the neck and give it a feckin good shake, because at the moment the heartbeat has gone and the spirit has died.

We need somebody to instill the pride and passion, it certainly aint on the pitch, it aint sat in the dug out and it aint sat in the stands, everybody has to pull together for the sake of the club, and the board had the perfect opportunity last night to back the manager, and in a Churchillian style speech address the supporters and players that this club was very much alive and that CL is the man to drag this club back to where it belongs, starting on sunday in the cup. But sadly what have they done ...in typical Leicester City style, the moment has gone and now it appears even more apathy reigns.

Can you see Davies grabbing the club by the scruff of the neck and giving it a feckin good shake? I can't - the only thing he'll give a good shake is his personal accountant's hand when he realises he can retire a wealthy man. :frown:

go down,no chance.

even though we a crap at the mo,it will get better not much but enough.

fleckneyfox said:
go down,no chance.

I hope you are right.

i expect the apparent reduction in funds available to CL is part of a contingency plan for relegation.

(Before the meeting he spoke about getting a few players, now only one seems likely)

whatever money would have been available is likely being kept to help cover the losses of a drop in division (the difference isn't as big as the prem-champ) gates will have a big impact.

While if this is the case i can see the sense, surely they should sack levein if they have no confidence in him.

Since Admin, our board has concentrated on balancing the books, and as such shows no great adventure or ambition, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

Its Sad, but not surprising

Feriol said:
i expect the apparent reduction in funds available to CL is part of a contingency plan for relegation.

(Before the meeting he spoke about getting a few players, now only one seems likely)

whatever money would have been available is likely being kept to help cover the losses of a drop in division (the difference isn't as big as the prem-champ) gates will have a big impact.

While if this is the case i can see the sense, surely they should sack levein if they have no confidence in him.

Since Admin, our board has concentrated on balancing the books, and as such shows no great adventure or ambition, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

Its Sad, but not surprising

Is that not what they should responsibly be doing?

Even with 'balancing books' our budget is still in the top 6 of this division.

:(

It's all such depressing stuff for us right now. We've got a shit manager, and we're playing shit in a shit league If we sack the shitty manager then any possible replacements would probably be shit as well, we stand a good chance of getting relegated, and our shitty board don't even seem to know what to do, so we've got no ****ing money to spend which means this team has even more chance of getting relegated because we can't afford to replace the shite we have at the minute. We get relegated and the club might not even exist anymore :(

We need a striker, a winger and a left back at the least, really we could do with another centre back and a second new striker as well, but because the manager is shit the board won't give him the money he needs to sign those players, but yet despite him being shit they don't want to sack him for fear that we'd be even deeper in the shit if we did get rid! :(

Anyone got any Russian billionaires that owe them a favour? :(

Feriol said:

Anyone who expects the board to spend money we haven't got is living in cloud cuckoo land. If they risk going into debt to buy players and it doesn't come off we could end up relegated and in administration, and end up starting next season on -10 points with another relegation battle on our hands.

fleckneyfox said:
go down,no chance.

am still worried that's what the forest scum said until the bitter end last season. i want the board (fat chance) to kick levein's ass and him the players - just a bit of fighting spirit will save us from relegation - we have the players but no bottle at the moment.

Last edited:
webmaster said:
Anyone who expects the board to spend money we haven't got is living in cloud cuckoo land. If they risk going into debt to buy players and it doesn't come off we could end up relegated and in administration, and end up starting next season on -10 points with another relegation battle on our hands.

Very true, very sensible.

However, the other side of the coin is that this mindset has stultified all ability to act appropriately.

As suggested earlier in this thread, it appears that the board doesn't have confidence in Levein (and how could they have given his track record and his continuing reliance on excuses and lack of any conviction in his statements) but they are paralysed into inaction because of the financial position.

Surely, there is scope and a need to face up to grasping the opportunity to by stopping funding any new players and instead changing the manager given that the situation is that we are drastically under-performing and that safety should be well within reach provided we change direction now.

Duhram said:
Is that not what they should responsibly be doing?

Even with 'balancing books' our budget is still in the top 6 of this division.

webmaster said:

I Agree. i was not being critical of the board, just the fact that we are in a posistion that requires such action.

My comment on lack of adventure and ambition, is more for the fact that no board member would be willing to invest (admittedly gamble) their own money to push the club forward. I do not believe they should unduly risk the stability of the football club. The Fact that some money is going to be given shows at least some desire to speculate, which is at least a positive move.

webmaster said:

That would be dumb but what about debt to pay of manager?

webmaster said:

I understand this webbo but I really do think it's do or die time. If we don't do anything and get relegated then sure, we'll be financially secure and have a division one team but this is hardly cause for celebration and could potentially lead to terrible gates and the club folding anyway.

If we do something (i.e. take a chance, get into debt and survive in the championship) then at least we can say we tried. What I see now is a complete laying down of arms and almost a white flag situation. We are Leicester City Football Club - surely it is in our nature to never surrender, or should we throw caution to the wind and look forward to the FA Vase.

Doing nothing simply cannot be an option. The tactics, approach, methods of the last 12 months have not worked. Loads of possession and dozens of shots mean feck all now. Points are what matters and we don't have enough.

We can't just keep waiting and hoping they will come good just in time to save us. I am not saying spend cash we have not got, but someone with the power to do so has to do something to inspire this bunch of overpaid, underperforming gets to play well enough to at least win a few home games so that we can cheer with some hope.

My perception is that the club don't want to do anything. They are not telling me they do, TD says CL's position is not under review, TD doesnt like being 4th from bottom? So what are you doing about it Tim? Nice chap that you are?

Chuck T Masala said:
So what are you doing about it Tim? Nice chap that you are?

He took away CL's biscuits at the board meeting, and said he wouldn't get them back unless results shaped up.

At least we'll have the chance to see some new grounds. I haven't been to Scunny, Hartlepool or Colchester....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669