Speculation If/When Enzo Goes, who do you want and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, **** all this shit. None of us know anything. Nobody knows anything. Especially about managers.

Taylor was widely welcomed as an exciting appointment.
I remember Taylor’s first press conference, along the lines of “If we do not concede a goal, we will not lose the game”.
No mention of winning any games though.
Miraculously, by the international break in October we were top of league for two weeks, then bottom of the league by Christmas!

I remember Taylor’s first press conference, along the lines of “If we do not concede a goal, we will not lose the game”.
No mention of winning any games though.
Miraculously, by the international break in October we were top of league for two weeks, then bottom of the league by Christmas!
We were third by Christmas.

My memory seems to be that we really crashed after the Wycombe cup defeat, is that right?
My memory is that Tim Flowers or Ian Walker (?) was playing a blinder and we gained a number of early points that we simply did not deserve.

My memory seems to be that we really crashed after the Wycombe cup defeat, is that right?

We fell off a cliff after being third at Christmas and finished the season just below mid table

Started the next season with that Bolton abomination at home, and finished stone cold bottom, adrift of safety by a ****ing country mile

We fell off a cliff after being third at Christmas and finished the season just below mid table

Started the next season with that Bolton abomination at home, and finished stone cold bottom, adrift of safety by a ****ing country mile
Yeah I was playing football for a team in Nottingham the following season and got a shit load of stick for that Bolton result, when we got to the bar after our game :icon rolleyes:

To be fair none of his appointments have been absolute stinkers. Even Rodgers brought some success.

Shakey, perhaps, but even that had some logic to it.
Dealing in facts doth butter no parsnips on here matey boy. You should know that by now.

To be fair none of his appointments have been absolute stinkers. Even Rodgers brought some success.

Shakey, perhaps, but even that had some logic to it.

You don't think Puel or Dean Smith were stinking to high heaven?

Oh and we got rejected by Jesse Marsch - How'd you think that'd have worked out?

I think he's going, for me the replacement is Graham Potter all day long. We're the ideal club for him to rebuild.

Definitely not potter, what in reality has he done . He did reasonably well at Brighton but the next guy did better with a lesser squad. Went to Chelsea and he couldn’t handle it, and I would think he’d want way too much and he’s not worth it

You don't think Puel or Dean Smith were stinking to high heaven?

Oh and we got rejected by Jesse Marsch - How'd you think that'd have worked out?
1. There were ****ing loads of fans frothing at the gash after Puel's first few games.

2. Smith was simply hideous, but we were fishing in a puddle.

3. Marsch 'rejecting us' was a story written by press journalists with little better to do. The truth of the matter, I would wager a fair few months' salary on, is very likely completely different.

The inconvenient truth, is that we have made some good managerial appointments, two of which won us our respective leagues and one that won us an FA Cup. Add two European outings to that as well. Very, very few clubs can boast such a record in such a short period of time.

But I get it doesn't fit the narrative.

I was in London celebrating a wedding anniversary and staying at the Royal Garden in the weekend we played Chelsea that Taylor season. Met our chairman at the time, John Elsom, in the lift as the team were also staying in that hotel. He was good enough to introduce me to Taylor when we got to the bar and I have to say he was good company for an hour or so. Beat Chelsea that weekend as well! Went to shit after that though!

I was in London celebrating a wedding anniversary and staying at the Royal Garden in the weekend we played Chelsea that Taylor season. Met our chairman at the time, John Elsom, in the lift as the team were also staying in that hotel. He was good enough to introduce me to Taylor when we got to the bar and I have to say he was good company for an hour or so. Beat Chelsea that weekend as well! Went to shit after that though!
Elliot brace?

It was after the Wycombe game that I came to truly believe in the gods of football, and what cruel, vengeful gods they are. Everything was looking so good for us and it all went down hill, so quickly and so badly. Somebody must have done something quite heinous to upset them..... and someone sacrificed their first born in 2015-2016.

Starting to get a little excited over Corberan. I just hope he's as keen as Steve Bruce is (wtf, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00