Speculation If/When Enzo Goes, who do you want and why?

So he's off then....

Can't say I'm arsed. I personally think we'd have got hammered playing his style of football in the Premier league (with our calibre of players).

I'll be very interested to see who the replacement is. I presume the board will want to get someone in with a similar style.

It's a great shame if he goes. He and Russell Martin play the same way and the styles of both LCFC and Saints would have been a great addition to the Premier League.

It's beyond comprehension that Chelsea sack Poch and take such a massive gamble on Enzo. I wish him well and thank him for what he's done for us.

I'm sure our recruiters will be appointing someone who has a very similar philosophy. We will survive!

Seems certain he'll be off then.

It's a shame, would've liked to see what his team would've done in the Premier League with games being a bit more open/us not being the team that people come and put 10 men behind the ball against.

Don't blame him at all for it, it makes sense for him to take a big move when it's offered.

Welcome to Leicester City - Mr David Moyes.

£500m compo should do it. Not particularly arsed but hopefully we get a good sum that we can waste.

It seems like it will definitely be happening now - I just hope we're prepared to act quickly to get the right replacement in.

Maresca going will be a significant loss, but what's make or break for our season is how - and how soon - we can replace him. If we get someone like Potter in over the next week then we've got plenty of time to adapt and prepare. But if mess around for 6 weeks and get one of the usual candidates from the discard pile then we could be ****ed before we even start.

There is no such thing as 'new manager bounce'. That's made up nonsense as statistics show. He did remarkably well and moved them on miles from Potter. Yes, they tailed off badly this season but a lot of that is to do with squad size and quality that he, no doubt, wanted more control of. Brighton, however, are a very sensibly run club and are never going to give him bucket loads of cash to spend on a risk.

What a load of shit. He had a great squad and took them backwards, being a good manager is first and foremost about getting the best out of what you have, before you even consider the money side of things. IMO Potter is responsible for a lot of what was good about Brighton. He got Brighton to a 9th place finish and was sitting pretty in 4th at the time Chelsea came knocking so if where Brighton are at now is 'miles on' from where Potter left them you need a rethink...

And new manager bounce IS a thing, it's been widely accepted as a general thing by football fans for eons. No surprise either when you think about the mental side of things, a fresh start - everyone at the club puts a bit of extra effort in to impress the new man, fresh new ideas come in etc etc before opponents have had a chance to 'find you out'. On that we'll just have to disagree.

Looks pretty much nailed on now - what a ****ing disaster

Team togetherness down the shitter, team style/cohesion now at risk, a points deduction inevitable, skint as ****ing skint can be and ****ing who knows in as manager

Almost certain KDH will be looking to get out, and possibly one or two others

But Yay, everyone, no more enzo-ball and ze system. Hoo-****ing-ray

So he's off then....

Can't say I'm arsed. I personally think we'd have got hammered playing his style of football in the Premier league (with our calibre of players).

I'll be very interested to see who the replacement is. I presume the board will want to get someone in with a similar style.

Pretty much where I stand, his stubbornness in playing a high line repeatedly despite leaking a shit load of goals on the counter was his weakness that may have been patched up had we had better and faster CBs. No doubt we'd have been rinsed even more in the Prem under him. As it is it's £10m in the kitty and Chelsea may have saved us from a repeat of what happened to Burnley under Kompany last year. If he's off he's off anyway, can't think about the past only what's ahead...

I think Graham Potter would be the best fit for us, come in as our new more tactically astute Nigel Pearson and start that process again. He's probably the best of the realistic options. You've obviously got Mourinho and Pochettino out of work but are more likely waiting for one of the top jobs. Maybe have half a chance with Mourinho as he's had practically every top job going and is coming towards the end of his career. It could be our new 'REALLY?' Ranieri moment. Also David Moyes name is likely to be thrown around a lot. Personally I wouldnt necessarily mind him but it would be an absolute turnaround in terms of playing style that I cant see our owners going for...

The players say they love playing ‘Ze system’
So as long as Enzo wrote ‘Ze system’ down in Cambiasso’s playbook, we will be alright with next manager.
Any reason why we would not want Poch here?

And new manager bounce IS a thing, it's been widely accepted as a general thing by football fans for eons.
It literally isn't. I mean, you can't just make things up and accept them as fact. It's a chimera that fans often believe but which has absolutely no basis in fact.

Wax lyrical all you want about Potter, De Zerbi moved Brighton on. One simple example amongst many, is the number of games won. De Zerbi had a 43% win ratio compared to Potter's 38%. Brighton also played much better football under him than Potter.

Carlos Corberan being linked.

Looks pretty much nailed on now - what a ****ing disaster

Team togetherness down the shitter, team style/cohesion now at risk, a points deduction inevitable, skint as ****ing skint can be and ****ing who knows in as manager

Almost certain KDH will be looking to get out, and possibly one or two others

But Yay, everyone, no more enzo-ball and ze system. Hoo-****ing-ray
**** me , Homer, [that’s not a request!] that’s straight out of the BN book of don’t panic Mr Mainwaring.

Have a word with your self.

{If your tongue was in your cheek, I’ll forgive you}

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669