Speculation If/When Enzo Goes, who do you want and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It literally isn't. I mean, you can't just make things up and accept them as fact. It's a chimera that fans often believe but which has absolutely no basis in fact.

Wax lyrical all you want about Potter, De Zerbi moved Brighton on. One simple example amongst many, is the number of games won. De Zerbi had a 43% win ratio compared to Potter's 38%. Brighton also played much better football under him than Potter.

pfft. Keep shouting into your echo chamber....

Clearly gone. I'm ****ing worried. Another twist in our story. We desperately need consistently at the moment, not this. It'll take a few days so I hope we're looking now. Going into a season with a brand new manager, points deduction and **** all to spend. Jesus.

And re Enzo, I will miss what he brings. He's the type of manager we needed to push on IMO. I never wanted to sack him, always thought he'd modernise us. My only issue was his lack of plan b. Otherwise, we've had some lovely football at times and was only gonna get better. He's clearly mesmerised his players as well. They've brought into it all. This could be a disaster if we don't make the correct move.

If Enzo goes now, will he leave with the best 'record' as a City manager (ignoring the stand-ins that only had a few games)?

Clearly gone. I'm ****ing worried. Another twist in our story. We desperately need consistently at the moment, not this. It'll take a few days so I hope we're looking now. Going into a season with a brand new manager, points deduction and **** all to spend. Jesus.

And re Enzo, I will miss what he brings. He's the type of manager we needed to push on IMO. I never wanted to sack him, always thought he'd modernise us. My only issue was his lack of plan b. Otherwise, we've had some lovely football at times and was only gonna get better. He's clearly mesmerised his players as well. They've brought into it all. This could be a disaster if we don't make the correct move.

Agreed with all of this.

I would've been worried about his lack of Plan B in a team facing relegation, but maybe something he'd have thought of and worked on over the summer.

But I'll miss what he brought to us.

Got a feeling of discipline from him as well which I think had vanished under Rodgers.

They're not. They also know that in reality, it doesn't matter a **** who takes over; they'll be gone by Christmas.

It's a huge loss for us despite what some clueless idiots may think but I can see why he would want to go, given that he's been battling some of our own fans for a season despite winning the ****ing league.

I don't know who comes in next but Potter or Moyes don't fill me with any excitement. There will be the inevitable link to Robins and Cooper but I think Corberan is probably the best choice.

You understand that doesn't work, don't you? But if it's the best you can do when presented with actual facts....

:043:
Shut up you silly twat. You've literally just been presented with actual facts on both counts and still refuse to admit you were wrong. "History shows the fabled new manager bounce is real" quoted from the official Premier League website and 'facts' about Brighton's considerably higher positioning at the time Graham Potter left compared with now. Straight out of the popillius playbook. Seen it all before from you and can't be arsed arguing this time....

Shut up you silly twat. You've literally just been presented with actual facts on both counts and still refuse to admit you were wrong. "History shows the fabled new manager bounce is real" quoted from the official Premier League website and 'facts' about Brighton's considerably higher positioning at the time Graham Potter left compared with now. Straight out of the popillius playbook. Seen it all before from you and can't be arsed arguing this time....
Seriously, I'd do your research and not rely on drivel. If you like, I can send you some links to sound mathematical evidence that you're spouting shit. I mean, it'll make little difference of course because you've already decided on 'alternative facts' but the offer is there. You've also failed to understand the idea of winning more games being important but apart from that you've had another barnstormer here. Still, you 'can't be arsed arguing' (whilst arguing) so you can get back to misunderstanding all the other simple premises you may otherwise have grappled with you 'silly twat'.

:043:

Personally I’m gutted. I know some will be ‘meh’ but I think the job he did was exceptional.

Seems we won’t get Potter either - links to Brighton.

Cooper anyone?

At least we have time to make a decision, and there are some candidates out there with good enough CVs, that are out of work.

You can’t argue with what Enzo has achieved this season, yet some have never taken to him.

I do like Cooper as a manager, but I don’t think he’s the right pick for this time.

I think we will, like we did with Enzo, have to take a bit of a punt on someone if Potter isn’t available or we don’t pull off something mad like mourinho.

The bloke at Sheffield Wednesday did a good job….

Personally I’m gutted. I know some will be ‘meh’ but I think the job he did was exceptional.

Seems we won’t get Potter either - links to Brighton.

Cooper anyone?
Nah. I don't think Cooper would be a good fit. It's going to be a tough call to get the right man in but it needs to be done quickly as we have to have a full pre-season under the new gaffer. I think it'll be Corberan personally and he's probably the one I'd go for but it'd be a punt.

I can just see Enzo turning down Chelsea, committing to Leicester, and being sacked before Christmas.
It's our way.

(Not that the above will happen).

We are almost certain to start on minus points, we have no budget for players, we need to sell the players we do have…

Who in there right mind would want to come to us? Nobody of any calibre that is for sure.

Can’t blame Enzo for leaving, some of the fans showed him no loyalty and difficult to turn down a chance like Chelsea.

We are relying on the board pulling a rabbit out the hat… that’s how much in the shit we are…

But at least BN will be happy!

City Fan and BN. Your thoughts?
They won’t be popular, but **** it when has that ever stopped me?

My views…

I think it’s a really odd appointment from Chelsea (if it happens). He still might end up being a great manager, but one successful season under his belt, stumbling over the line with one of the best and most expensive squad of players in Championship history, represents one hell of a gamble in my eyes.

My main concern was about next season, and how his style of play wouldn’t work with inferior players, and him being too stubborn to try anything different. So at least we’re getting £8-10m now rather than paying to get rid of him in October.

I know a lot will disagree and that’s fine, but for me, this gives us a fighting chance next season. Just watch what will happen to Southampton next season and you’ll soon realise.

And for Enzo, jumping at the first sniff of an opportunity after we took a chance on him, what a total ****.

It’s crucial we get this next one right. It needs to be someone who’s willing to put the most effective system in place around the players we have. Rather than come in with their own stubborn philosophy, make us sign players in accordance with that, and then bolt their load at the first bit of skirt that flirts with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00