Speculation If/When Enzo Goes, who do you want and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, bit disappointed. But largely echo what's been said. Doubts about this tactics with our players in the prem for sure.

I just wonder how this might effect player recruitment. Surely we've been scouting players all season based on Enzos system.
Also, players have actually been coached and improved if we don't continue that I think we'll be in trouble.

No idea who should be next. But feck me if it's dinosaur Moyes then it will be a long season.
We had success with young and up and coming... Let's try that again.

I would say, with all this talk of potential replacement managers, that not one of us would've guessed at or probably even heard of Enzo Maresca before his named popped up as someone we were talking to.

So maybe we'll be surprised again and it will be someone a bit left field.

I don't think we'll be paying compensation to another club for their manager - so it will either be someone who's currently out of work or maybe another assistant/coach from elsewhere.

Why is Carlos Corberan so high? Someone educate me there, why would he be an option?
46.5% win ratio at West Brom and, despite them having a good awful squad, I think he has them playing well.

He'd be a risk, he was shite at Olympiacos and pretty average at Huddersfield!

Well, bit disappointed. But largely echo what's been said. Doubts about this tactics with our players in the prem for sure.

I just wonder how this might effect player recruitment. Surely we've been scouting players all season based on Enzos system.
Also, players have actually been coached and improved if we don't continue that I think we'll be in trouble.

No idea who should be next. But feck me if it's dinosaur Moyes then it will be a long season.
We had success with young and up and coming... Let's try that again.

The club want a manager to play a certain way. I can't see our current lot cutting it in staying up playing that way but similarly to Burnley we'll just do it. Can't see someone like moyes doing that.

David Moyes would be a very safe appointment, we stay in the PL with him next season in my opinion.

Totally agree. He just doesn't fit the philosophy bullshit criteria that we clearly want. More chance of Sousa coming back.

**** me, people moaning about out style of play and want Moyes in… who’s just been hounded out of West Spam for playing the most boring and negative football…

To be fair, we wouldn’t pass the ball that much, so all the ‘get it forward’ grunts would be happy…

From the Guardian:

Chelsea are ready to give Enzo Maresca a five-year deal after being granted permission to speak to the Leicester manager. Maresca, who is expected to agree to take the job, has emerged as the favoured candidate to succeed Mauricio Pochettino after an intense weekend of talks.

Chelsea were turned down by Kieran McKenna, who is poised to snub Brighton and sign a new deal at Ipswich, and have not moved forward with Brentford’s Thomas Frank. Senior figures have repeatedly played down suggestions of interest in Roberto De Zerbi and believe that Maresca’s heavy focus on possession will suit a squad full of technically gifted players.

The intention to hand the 44-year-old a long-term deal is a contrast to the contract handed to Pochettino last summer. Pochettino, who left by mutual consent last week, signed a two-year deal with the option of an extra year.

But Chelsea are determined to back Maresca, who is prepared to leave Leicester after ending his first season at the club by leading them back into the Premier League. The process has been led by the sporting directors, Paul Winstanley and Laurence Stewart.

Chelsea will still need to agree compensation with Leicester, who will want around £10m to release their manager. Sources close to Maresca have also stressed the Italian has not been in a rush to leave the east Midlands club and could decide to stay if he has any late reservations about moving to west London.

Chelsea met representatives of Frank last week and had been speaking to McKenna’s agents for several weeks. McKenna was seen by Brighton as a replacement for De Zerbi but the 38-year-old has decided to stay at Ipswich. After promotion to the top flight, Ipswich have displayed their ambition to stay up by offering McKenna a contract that will make him one of the highest-paid managers in England.

Brighton are considering switching focus to a return for Graham Potter, their former manager who has been out of work since he was sacked by Chelsea in April 2023.

I have to remind myself that for him it’s just a job and he’s just doing what anyone would.

And then I remind myself I was offered partnership at a firm that would’ve paid 3x what I was on (at that time) but I turned it down because I love where I am…

Not a day goes by when I wish I hadn’t said yes :icon lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69