If you tolerate this........police abuse of power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good to see this happening and some of our supporters going along. All the best Cathy and jb5000.

.He has me on ignore.

Putting somebody on "Ignore" does not seem to work. A number of people who have been nice enough to tell me I am on ignore still seem to get annoyed by my posts.:018:

The problem with a march is that it only takes one fool to allow the Chief Constable to say "I told you so." It would be interesting to know how many of the marchers have bothered to write to their MP. The MP will pass your concerns on to the Chief Constable and will get a serious reply. Make sure that you include your postcode so that the MP knows that you are his/her constituent. Writing to an MP may be the dullest form of protest but it can be surprisingly effective.

It would be interesting to know how many of the marchers have bothered to write to their MP. The MP will pass your concerns on to the Chief Constable and will get a serious reply.

:icon_lol: :081: Oh Mr G, you so funny

The times and location of the march are possibly being fine tuned?!
The" told you so "police argument may back fire on wyp as there has been little problem in Huddersfield from Hull fans historically.If problems do occur the spotlight may fall on wyp to explain why.This is unlikely to be asked at a promotion interview of the numpty in chief.

:icon_lol: :081: Oh Mr G, you so funny

Your experience in the Irish Republic may be different from the UK although I doubt it. I imagine that any public official there would take notice of a letter from a teachta dala.

There is a great deal of cynicism about MPs and much of it is justified. However they are often an effective and underused resource. In the most extreme case an MP like Tom Watson can play a significant roie in bringing down a newspaper like the News Of The World.

Writing to them is perhaps the best way to get your views to someone like a Chief Constable.If you write to a Chief Constable you are likely to get a standard brush-off reply. I can assure you that anyone in a position of authority will give a serious reply to a letter on House of Commons notepaper.

David.Many fans have contacted MPs and senior police officers.
MPs have raised the issue I believe but as you can imagine there have been accusations of bandwagoning.
Not sure what the current situation with MP action is.
As on this site there are mixed views.We have sold approx 300 tickets.Strong feelings amongst those going to the match.I personally hope the Udders fans tell them what they think of them.
Lots of Udders support for the march.I will be buying a scarf at their club shop and they will be my new 2nd club.
I will also be taking 2 bits of Hull city merchandise to give to the the 1st 2 Foxes fans I see(whilst begging forgiveness for my unjust comments about your super manager)

Your experience in the Irish Republic may be different from the UK although I doubt it. I imagine that any public official there would take notice of a letter from a teachta dala.

There is a great deal of cynicism about MPs and much of it is justified. However they are often an effective and underused resource. In the most extreme case an MP like Tom Watson can play a significant roie in bringing down a newspaper like the News Of The World.

Writing to them is perhaps the best way to get your views to someone like a Chief Constable.If you write to a Chief Constable you are likely to get a standard brush-off reply. I can assure you that anyone in a position of authority will give a serious reply to a letter on House of Commons notepaper.

You seem to be very overconfident that an MP, or a TD, would give a snivelling **** about the situation

1.45 outside train station to commence the march.It is now heading to another part of udders rather than the stadium.Hopefully good Hull and Huds turnout.Others more than welcome.
We had hoped for boycott but 400 expected in ground.
More commentators coming out with bemusement why this match and these two clubs have been bubbled.
Ian Wright"I could understand it if it was leeds/millwall or millwall /west ham."
This is not a hull issue.If they can do it to us they can do it to everyone and keep on tightening til there is no away day atmosphere at all.
Most home crowds are getting quieter with every passing season.If we do not remedy some things eg safe standing and decently policed away fans, lower league matches could go into freefall pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669