If you tolerate this........police abuse of power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cafe

Hull Troll
If there is anyone left who does not have me on ignore.
Next Saturday there will be a march from Huddersfield town centre to the soccer stadium.Hopefully it will include fans of other clubs,not just Dull and Udders.
The issue is the response by the police to a fixture change(Post 5pm kick off)
Intel informs the West Yorks Police that this is high risk due to excessive drinking and high risk fans.
There have been no Hull fans arrested for alcohol related offences this year and historically few problems in Huddersfield when Hull play there.
The ticket allocation will be less than half the 4,000 given to Leeds Utd.We also must arrive by coach-either from Hull or a designated service station.
Most fans have decided to boycot the match(300 are going).
If anyone would like more info/offer an opinion I would suggest you go to not606 Hull forum.
Obviously any fans in the area on the day of the march would be welcome-hopefully there will be no eejits there causing trouble.To have fans wearing other club colours would be great.
This is not a just a Hull City issue.If the authorities get away with this it may be the end of tremendous derby match atmospheres.
Thank you to anyone who reads this.
If we are ever back in the Chamionship we promise to fill your away end again(Durham-I know we didn"t really)

My tongue was in cheek.
Can someone tell Maws the sentiment of the post.He has me on ignore.I hope many of you agree with the principle.I think Mawsley has a unique turn of phrase and for sure his opnions would be welcomed o not 606 hull.
Sorry about comment about away end etc (meant to be funny) but please do not let this get in the way of anyone who feels they want to support the protest.
This could affect you .If for instance you were playing Leeds next year in a top of the table match.It will be the same wyp who may decide 1,000-1,500 top whack for away end

Café this has happened several times in the past, Bristol-Cardiff, Blackburn-Burnley, Leeds-Millwall etc why wait until it effects your club?

Café this has happened several times in the past, Bristol-Cardiff, Blackburn-Burnley, Leeds-Millwall etc why wait until it effects your club?

It's still worth bringing up. An organisation I am involved with in London have Hull Supporters as members. If they wish to go to the game, rather than going by train as usual from London to Huddersfield, they will have to go to Hull and catch coaches to the game, probably meaning they will have to leave London on the Friday and come back on the Sunday. Absolute madness, but the Police are getting away with it.

Fox.I did not know it had.We have little serious history with Udders.
The police seem to be making a point re.re budget /costing issues.
I do not want to see this happening to any clubs with little previous history.
As you know we have become somewhat fixated with NP and therby with yourselves.I think the away support at the KC andKP has been better because of it.Before the match ay KP I walked anywhere I wanted near your ground and it was a really good atmosphere.
If I was only interested in Hull I would go on the coach(as I normally do) and offer support in a very important game for us.
If I was in East Mids area and you were doing a protest I would join in.I am not expecting fand to travel 100 miles.
I think supporters of local teams are all the same but for an accident of geography and I think we should keep up our rivalries whilst offering support.
When York nearly went bust their fans thanked ours with a standing ovation because we had contributed more to their fund than all others put together.We responded with shock for 2 seconds before reminding them to F off.
If you are interested or just want to take the p!ss-not606hull.You will be very welcome

Fox.I know our psychos think they are top boys but hull-udders is not leeds-millwall
Will be very interesting last day in Hull if Rhiddles and his mates descend on our fair city to celebrate.
It will be interesting to see how the WYP handle the exodus of some of Leeds finest to join in the joy

I think it is in the football category rather than the specific Lester section.Any support appreciated

It's still worth bringing up. An organisation I am involved with in London have Hull Supporters as members. If they wish to go to the game, rather than going by train as usual from London to Huddersfield, they will have to go to Hull and catch coaches to the game, probably meaning they will have to leave London on the Friday and come back on the Sunday. Absolute madness, but the Police are getting away with it.

I have sympathy with Dull over the treatment of their fans, my point was why wait until now. This has happen several times in the past with hardly a mention from anyone other than the fans involved.

I notice the Police are now allowing supporters to make their own way to Hartshead Moor services on the M62 and then bussing them in from there. Most service stations have a 2 hour parking limit so that's going to work well

I have sympathy with Dull over the treatment of their fans, my point was why wait until now. This has happen several times in the past with hardly a mention from anyone other than the fans involved.

Well then, what exactly have you tried to do about it or all of the other teams that have been affected in the past?

I think the premise of your question is absurd, if you hadn't already sussed that.

I hear ya Cafe, besides you have been trying to redeem yourself of late. You were not wrong to bring it up.

I notice the Police are now allowing supporters to make their own way to Hartshead Moor services on the M62 and then bussing them in from there. Most service stations have a 2 hour parking limit so that's going to work well

In this instance there will be no charge for parking at the service area. The shuttle bus from service station to the ground will cost £2 return. Sounds a bargain to me

Cafe, glad to see people intending to make themselves heard rather than just allowing police laziness and arrogance to go ignored. Hope everything goes well :thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669