If you were God..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of interest, how do you guys think the world was created? Big Bang and then survival of the fittest etc?

Those two theories make a lot more sense than the impossibilities detailed in the Bible.

Ephesians 6:5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.

For a start Paul wrote Ephesians, not Jesus. Any more???

when you use the word "fact" try putting the word "apocryphal" before it

or replacing it with "christian myth"

No myth involved, the International Dictionary of the bible refers to Sodoma Gomorra found written on the walls of Pompeii after they excavated it. Fact. :icon_conf

It was what Jesus is alleged to have said.

If you won't believe that Jesus said something the bible reports him to have said, why believe anything the bible says? None of it was written by Jesus.

Jesus never said that. Paul wrote Ephesians. Read it and see for yourself. :icon_roll

Yes. Would you like some bible quotes to prove it?

But if you believe the bible he also created homosexuals.

And if he's such a powerful entity he should easily be able to fix his 'mistakes', rather than taking it out on the people he created.

You're not being attacked for your beliefs. Your beliefs are being attacked.
Maybe you think people who don't believe in your god should be wiped out, something christians have done in the past. How moral do you think that is?

He never created homosexuals. He created man and woman. But he did give us free will. Maybe that was a mistake. He probably should've left the brain out. :icon_roll

So are you saying that nothing in the bible is what Jesus said, because he wrote none of it?

No, there are many statements made in the bible by Jesus. The Lord's prayer is one.

Sorry I'm just on a break from work so I can't say, but I'll try to answer everything later. :tumbleweed:

Jesus never said that. Paul wrote Ephesians. Read it and see for yourself. :icon_roll

Are You referring to the same Paul that never met Jesus?

He knew as much as we do, ****all.

He didn't write the bible. What's in the bible is what he is reported to have taught people. Written many years later. Do you think it's OK to pick and choose the parts you want to believe in?

No I don't think it's okay Jeff. But we're stuck with whatever the early church authorities decided to publish in the bible. There are quite a few books that they decided to omit, I think Thomas was one. Again it depends on which bible you get. And even though it wasn't physically written by God "all scripture is God breathed and useful for teaching" according to the bible. :icon_conf

Last edited:
Are You referring to the same Paul that never met Jesus?

He knew as much as we do, ****all.

Yes, the same Paul who spoke to Jesus on the road to Damascus. Remember he was blinded for a while because he had been persecuting the early church? :icon_conf

So are you saying people who are gay choose to be gay?

I've known men who have been married with kids (spoke to two of them during the Gay Mardi Gras) who have turned gay. Don't tell me it wasn't by choice.

No quotes needed, the council of Nicea decided which scriptures should be followed, to the letter, by all Christians when they created the Bible.

The scriptures that didn't fit into the way that they wished to control people didn't make it into the Bible. There were a lot that were omitted.

True Macky a lot of scriptures never made it but the basic message is still there. I'm not going to let that make me a non-believer.

You're not being attacked for your beliefs. Your beliefs are being attacked.
Maybe you think people who don't believe in your god should be wiped out, something christians have done in the past. How moral do you think that is?

Okay fair enough you're attacking my beliefs. I'll buy that.

I don't believe people who don't believe the gospels should be wiped out.
Christians have been guilty of that in the past but so have many other religions. And I don't think it's very moral.

God didn't create gay people, the hairdressers did.

Blessed are the hairdressers, for they shall inherit the Earth.

I thought it was "blessed are the cheesemakers". :icon_roll

There are far too many posts for me to answer them all but I've done the best that I can with the time I have, thank God you're all asleep or I would never have time to catch up. Cheers guys. By the way I'm actually enjoying this. I must be nuts. Mind you with the way LCFC are going at the moment this is a welcome distraction. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669