If you were God..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know enough about the bible to know if this really means that Jesus thought slavery was OK, but thanks and keep them coming, I'm discussing this with other people too.

1 Timothy 6:1-2

1All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered. 2Those who have believing masters are not to show less respect for them because they are brothers. Instead, they are to serve them even better, because those who benefit from their service are believers, and dear to them. These are the things you are to teach and urge on them.

Flipping heck - you're doing all his homework for him now. Hope he shares his grades with you :)

:081: Believe it or not, my homework is not finding quotes from the bible that say slavery is OK. But it's really interesting.

Thanks Macky but I'm concentrating on the New Testament since that's what the Christians are following.

Last edited:
:081: Believe it or not, my homework is not finding quotes from the bible that say slavery is OK. But it's really interesting.

Well tell the tutor to set it next time you have religious studies. You'll be able to complete it in no time at all now :)

Thanks Macky but I'm concentrating on the New Testament since that's what the Christians are following.

Timothy & Luke are both New Testament.

Old & New Testament both apply though as the New Testament is seen as confirmation that the prophecy of the Old Testament has been realised. Talking out of their arse.

Talking out of their arse.

maybe so, but somehow it is important enough to people to know what happens to them once they pop their clogs...to the extent they waste 1/7th of their time before the worms get them

Quotes to that, please.:) I hope you don't have anything better to do a Sunday night like this?

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17)

Quotes to that, please.:) I hope you don't have anything better to do a Sunday night like this?

No quotes needed, the council of Nicea decided which scriptures should be followed, to the letter, by all Christians when they created the Bible.

The scriptures that didn't fit into the way that they wished to control people didn't make it into the Bible. There were a lot that were omitted.

maybe so, but somehow it is important enough to people to know what happens to them once they pop their clogs...to the extent they waste 1/7th of their time before the worms get them

Not an Alan Partridge fan then fitz? :icon_lol:

i am mate, just a little tired and can't believe this argument is still going on :icon_wink he doesn't exist, fact! :059:

Just out of interest, how do you guys think the world was created? Big Bang and then survival of the fittest etc?

i am mate, just a little tired and can't believe this argument is still going on :icon_wink he doesn't exist, fact! :059:

I don't see it as an argument, God wants me to spread the message that he wants all of us to use our own critical minds and stop being led like sheep by people who use his name for their own political & monetary gains.

He's pretty pissed off about all this religion nonsense & he's so proud of me for using the mind that he gave me.

This is my ministry.

Just out of interest, how do you guys think the world was created? Big Bang and then survival of the fittest etc?

couldn't give a feck to be perfectly honest. i'm not sure why it would be something i would need to know, more arsed about what is for lunch tomorrow

The big bang and evolution seems to be the most logical scientific answer. Certainly more likely than someone making it in a week.

If man was created by god in the way the bible says, he obviously didn't want people to know he did it, as he planted so much compelling evidence to prove it didn't happen that way.

If man was created by god in the way the bible says, he obviously didn't want people to know he did it, as he planted so much compelling evidence to prove it didn't happen that way.

probably to convince people he doesn't exist so he can get some peace. on sundays of all days, his day off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669