In appreciation of Kasper

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon if we had a poll on who talked the most made up bollocks on here, you'd definitely be in the Champions League positions.

Not saying I wouldn't be there too mind.
We'd definitely fill two of the top 4 places.

And the winner of the COTY award 2021 is …….

Kasper's kicked distribution was much better last night. Arriving at my seat much earlier than usual I watched him practicing kicking out to the wings for a good 15 minutes and it certainly paid dividends.

Kasper's kicked distribution was much better last night. Arriving at my seat much earlier than usual I watched him practicing kicking out to the wings for a good 15 minutes and it certainly paid dividends.
After spending the first portion on the game trying to play out from the back through Kasper, there was clearly a conscious shift to abandon that tactic part way through the first half and we just went long from that point. It was a good move against a team who press well.

After spending the first portion on the game trying to play out from the back through Kasper, there was clearly a conscious shift to abandon that tactic part way through the first half and we just went long from that point. It was a good move against a team who press well.
I wonder whether he practices those kicks before every game or just last night?

I saw some TV thing with him the other day (just before the Liverpool game) and he said that they are spending a lot of time trying to improve things (that was the gist of what he said). Seems to be true.....

I can watch ITV from Russia (should I ever wish to) - two routes VPN (I use a good one based in the UK) or IPTV - and you can record if you use Ace stream.

The Against the Odds programme last night was pretty good.

Explained why he didn't like Leeds, got there and the fans had made up a song including the line 'your dad's a **** but you're alright,' he met a Leeds fan years later and was asked why he didn't like Leeds, he told the guy that he thought his dad was a ****, Leeds fan then began to understand why he hadn't thrived there.

Fair enough in my opinion.

What a great documentary. Bought a few tears to my eyes and made me realise just how much of a legend he is. Just hope he sees his last years out with us. Top fella and truly one of the Immortals

Just checked and he is now only two matches away from being level with Mark Wellington and Hughie Adcock on 460 appearances (I think).

And at that point only the Foxes legends Graham Cross and Adam Black will be ahead of him.

When I was a kid I used to spend so long re-reading Of Fossils & Foxes and looking at the stats. I didn’t imagine anyone could ever make it to that many appearances again.

A great servant to the club. One of the very best keepers we've had and there have been a few.

I do believe that he and the club must be thinking that his time is coming to an end now. In the press conference before the game today, he spoke with very little commitment about his future here. A few months ago, he said that he wants to play CL football elsewhere and you'd imagine that opportunity would exist in Denmark or a few other countries, but not for much longer.

I think this summer is the right time to part ways. It's a shame but the cold hard truth is that he's not what we need any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363