Incident in Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

The BBC ticker. :icon_conf

LATEST: Much of Leicester city centre cordoned off following "incident". More soon.

that was yesterday in the shires. this is something different?

news just in

bbc

A part of Leicester city centre has been sealed off while police deal with reports of a "suspicious package".

Charles Street, Belgrave Gate and Churchgate - located near the city's two main shopping centres - have been closed by police.

Leicestershire Police would not release more details on the incident.

Eyewitness Ankur Desai, of Leicester, told BBC News that he had seen a man being arrested by police officers during the incident.

Last edited:
I just drive past on the way back for TBFC. These three roads were closed off and they were allowing only fire services, police and ambulances in. Initially I just thought it was a fire and then 3 ambulances went up Churchgate.

More sirens going up Frog Island....and more....

Last edited:
City centre sealed off by police
police at suspicious package scene
The area was cordoned off for several hours

A controlled explosion has been carried out on a suspicious package found in Leicester's city centre.

Charles Street, Belgrave Gate and Churchgate - located near the city's two main shopping centres - were closed by police during the operation.

There were delays to bus services while bomb squad officers detonatedd the package on Charles Street.

Leicestershire Police have not yet released any more details on the controlled explosion at 2000 BST.

Eyewitness Ankur Desai, of Leicester, said he had seen a man being arrested by police officers during the incident.

Some bystanders had to wait for more than an hour in the rain because of delays to bus service in the area.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/7426562.stm

I deleted Fcukcov's post, because IMO it was ill timed. Subsequent posts were deleted by myself, and further posts have been deleted by Bocadillo.

Last edited:
What is this? A fun forum with occasional references to leicester city or communist china?
:102:

The first of the deleted posts was judged by a moderator to be ill-timed; I agree with him. Subsequent posts were deleted by both myselfd and another moderator because they were irrelevant to the subject.

With a serious security situation applying in the City Centre, it is possible that readers might have had concerns for family and friends. They would hardly want to see ill-timed attempts at jokes and moans about deleted posts at such a time.

Lets get this straight. If it has nothing to do with Leicester we can take the piss out of it?

hmmm controlled explosion as mentioned in the previous post so therefore no one hurt, injured or even grazed, yet it was still ill-timed.......

The first of the deleted posts was judged by a moderator to be ill-timed; I agree with him. Subsequent posts were deleted by both myselfd and another moderator because they were irrelevant to the subject.

With a serious security situation applying in the City Centre, it is possible that readers might have had concerns for family and friends. They would hardly want to see ill-timed attempts at jokes and moans about deleted posts at such a time.

you will be a saint before you are 60 Boc. but I have to say that is complete bollocks

Why would anybody be concerned about friends or family during a controlled explosion?

hmmm controlled explosion as mentioned in the previous post so therefore no one hurt, injured or even grazed, yet it was still ill-timed.......

You are too clever to be a mod there FC.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669