Internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
King starts for Wales again, while Kramaric is on the bench again (vs Norway)

King starts for Wales again, while Kramaric is on the bench again (vs Norway)

He's come closest to sending us to the Euros, missed a really good chance in the first half then was unlucky with a good header just now.

Kramaric unused sub again as Norway beat Croatia 2-0 (both goals by Celtic reject and Europa League nemesis Jo Inge Berget)

But, yes, Vardy was bollocks and isn't an international player. Aside from the fact that he has caps so is an international player. But then so do 7th Kettering & District cub pack and they aren't international players either. Although I suspect they'd acquit themselves in a similar fashion.

I have a faint hope that one day a current (or past) City squad player will lift that Euros trophy.

Another clean sheet for Kasper as Denmark only manages another 0-0 draw. This time away to Armenia.

I'll be happy when all this ball achingly dull dross is done with & real football comes back.The new qualification system for the Euros ensures you can be utter crap & still have a good chance of qualifying which helps explain some of the wretched shite on offer since Thursday.

I'll be happy when all this ball achingly dull dross is done with & real football comes back.The new qualification system for the Euros ensures you can be utter crap & still have a good chance of qualifying which helps explain some of the wretched shite on offer since Thursday.
I had just come in here to post the exact same thing.

International football is at an all time low in terms of excitement and quality, it's an absolute borefest of the highest order.

All the big sides are complete shit, not a true bit of quality worth admiring amongst them.

No characters, nobody that the whole world tunes in to watch because even Messi and Ronaldo are utter gash when it comes to this.

It's shit, utter shit.

I had just come in here to post the exact same thing.

International football is at an all time low in terms of excitement and quality, it's an absolute borefest of the highest order.

All the big sides are complete shit, not a true bit of quality worth admiring amongst them.

No characters, nobody that the whole world tunes in to watch because even Messi and Ronaldo are utter gash when it comes to this.

It's shit, utter shit.
Hear, hear. I could not give two hoots about international. England vs San Marino? What a joke.
The world's most boring 6-0.

All three of the other home nations have produced some cracking games over this break.

All three of the other home nations have produced some cracking games over this break.

I've enjoyed the matches I've seen, especially the first hour of the Jocks against Germany last night. Nice to see decent players (including some galacticos) who appear motivated by something other than the do re mi. Always poses a question in my mind - Would an England team of Championship players only, or Championship plus bottom half of the Prem, produce better performances than today's norm of a squad dominated by players not guaranteed a league start by Champions League contenders?

I said the same thing when UEFA announced the expansion. Nearly half the teams who enter will end up at the tournament. It's turned a tournament that was already shit into an even shitter one, and the qualifiers that used to mean very little now mean absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669