Internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good article Homer, thanks.

I watched some of the game (well to be honest I wanted to watch Inler), and I believe he was the best player on the pitch. Very calm and reassured.

Sometimes it's like I exist in a parallel universe from the rest of the population. I too watched Inler last night, rather than the match, but I was disappointed in him.

I thought he was a bit of a show pony; doing things that appeared good but without any end product. He seemed to sit in the midfield doing the 'give and go' passing and simple things but when he attempted anything more, it didn't work. His tracking back at times was also non-existent. I think he paced himself so as to last 90 mins and wasn't fit enough to play 90 mins in the Premier League.

I also thought he will only work for us with two others in central midfield because he wasn't mobile enough. Otherwise, Kante is going to have to be super-human alongside him. I hope you lot are right and I'm mistaken.

Sometimes it's like I exist in a parallel universe from the rest of the population. I too watched Inler last night, rather than the match, but I was disappointed in him.

I thought he was a bit of a show pony; doing things that appeared good but without any end product. He seemed to sit in the midfield doing the 'give and go' passing and simple things but when he attempted anything more, it didn't work. His tracking back at times was also non-existent. I think he paced himself so as to last 90 mins and wasn't fit enough to play 90 mins in the Premier League.

I also thought he will only work for us with two others in central midfield because he wasn't mobile enough. Otherwise, Kante is going to have to be super-human alongside him. I hope you lot are right and I'm mistaken.

I don't often disagree with you BN but I thought he was rather good. I particularly like the long diagonal passes he played out to the wings.
If he does those to someone like Vardy who can stay on-side instead of the tame Shaqiri then I think we have a better investment than Stoke City.

I don't often disagree with you BN but I thought he was rather good. I particularly like the long diagonal passes he played out to the wings.
If he does those to someone like Vardy who can stay on-side instead of the tame Shaqiri then I think we have a better investment than Stoke City.

Yes, there were at least two instant long diagonal passes (after winning the ball back) that were sprayed out from between the edge of his own box and the H/W line that should have resulted in a clear goal scoring opportunity.

As you quite rightly point out Volpone, Vardy or Okazaki would have done better with the ball in those same situations.

I can see him fitting in very well and he certainly is a considerable upgrade on anyone else we have doing the same role.

Kasper's between the sticks for Denmark taking on Portugal live on ITV4

How can there be another international break AGAIN? I started supporting a team 3000 miles from me in a city I have no relation to SPECIFICALLY to avoid any sort of contact with Swedish football, I did NOT do it so the football leagues could come to a standstill about once a month and force-feed me this absolute shower of shite. For ****'s sake.

How can there be another international break AGAIN? I started supporting a team 3000 miles from me in a city I have no relation to SPECIFICALLY to avoid any sort of contact with Swedish football, I did NOT do it so the football leagues could come to a standstill about once a month and force-feed me this absolute shower of shite. For ****'s sake.

Oh come on, Swede. Your lot have got a big game tonight, I bet you can't wait.

We have the National Non-League Day over here. You should fly over and watch Coalville or Shepshed Dynamo.

Both our Swiss captain and rumoured target on target with a penalty each for Switzerland tonight.

TBH I was elated when Vardy got the assist. He wasn't greedy, and i was a little awkward about the way he won the ball but hey, it was given and i'll take that . I just wanted him to maybe silence the boo-boys a little, and he did. Love Jamie, long may this continue.

The snobbiness people are showing about Vardy is astounding. He's the top scorer in the premier league, let alone amongst the English squad. He is probably the most consistent player of the season. He 100% deserves this and should be very close to making the final squad.

I'm really annoyed by the negativity. One minute people are moaning only players in the top four get picked, then they turn their noses up at Vardy. Its embarrassing.

The snobbiness people are showing about Vardy is astounding. He's the top scorer in the premier league, let alone amongst the English squad. He is probably the most consistent player of the season. He 100% deserves this and should be very close to making the final squad.

I'm really annoyed by the negativity. One minute people are moaning only players in the top four get picked, then they turn their noses up at Vardy. Its embarrassing.
Believe me, I was singing his praises last night despite being surrounded by spurs fans who were saying how great Kane is.

People treated Heskey exactly the same. Even when he went to Liverpool, he was dismissed entirely unfairly.

The only conclusion is that most football supporters and, significantly, the journalists that set the agenda, are ignorant and reactive feckwits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363