iPhone 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit, despite being an iPhone hater, the screen is fecking fantastic quality.

Its top notch. Ignore the scare stories about it dropping signal. In very marginal signal areas its a bit weaker then other phones IMO but if this bothers you just use the free 'bumper' you get free with it as this solves the issue.

Its a good step up from the 3G/3Gs but not earth shatteringly different.

Better screen (really good)
Better camera
HD video
Flash
Better battery life
Faster
FaceTime

I wouldn't be considering it if it weren't for the damage to mine.

Sounds like a goer...

I'v got one of those fancy 3 MiFi's and i'v never had any terrible coverage. Granted its not a phone but i'm guessing it uses the same basic principles as it all goes through their network and cell towers.

I'm on 02 at the minute, the insurance is killing me. Its gone up from £7 to £15. Contracts a very nice £50 a month. And i don't even get picture messaging for that.

I have to admit, despite being an iPhone hater, the screen is fecking fantastic quality.

The mrs has just got the new Samsung Galaxy and it makes the iPhone look out of date already in terms of screen quality.

Is that the one with the amoled screen? Whats it like outside? I hear those things can get pretty nasty in the sun.

It is that one yes. I haven't really used it outside but I have no complaints from the current Mrs Fcukcov yet so i assume she is okay with it. I tried one in the shop on Saturday and from what i remeber i was in pretty direct sun light and it seemed fine.

The mrs has just got the new Samsung Galaxy and it makes the iPhone look out of date already in terms of screen quality.

The iPhone 4 screen is called 'retina' because it displays at a clarity greater than the human eye can appreciate :icon_conf

The iPhone 4 screen is called 'retina' because it displays at a clarity greater than the human eye can appreciate :icon_conf

hmmm useful that.

Last edited:
I think the point is that its not possible to better the display. Or pointless at least.

I'm curious what makes you think the Samsung makes the Iphone screen look out of date?

Its just seems to have a greater clarity, the qulaity of the hd video looks better and the touch screen is more responsive, I have now used both (albeit only fairly briefly with the iPhone) and I prefer the Samsung.

Its just seems to have a greater clarity, the qulaity of the hd video looks better and the touch screen is more responsive, I have now used both (albeit only fairly briefly with the iPhone) and I prefer the Samsung.

Cool.

Reports I've seen of Samsungs screen say it's brilliant but slightly more pixelated than the iPhones.

Cool.

Reports I've seen of Samsungs screen say it's brilliant but slightly more pixelated than the iPhones.

I can't see how anyone can see its pixelated when compared to any other screen, but hey thats probably just me! Shame they can't scale the plasmas down to that size wouldn't have any pixelation problems then!

I can't see how anyone can see its pixelated when compared to any other screen, but hey thats probably just me! Shame they can't scale the plasmas down to that size wouldn't have any pixelation problems then!

I don't think it's a 'problem' with the Samsung. Just results of a test when put side by side with a superior screen :icon_wink

Ive read a few reviews over lunch and its seems a pretty split decision on which is best. Your right it does seem that the pixelation is better when very close up on the iPhone but then it seems to be the general consensus that the colours and escpially balcks are better on the Samsung, seems to be 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

Found a good photo compariosn at lunch but can't find it now. It addressed the sunlight issue and in that case the Samsung seemed to come out on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363