iPhone 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the US price. Expect it to be a lot higher here depending on your contract. It will be through the roof on PAYG ... current 3GS on Orange is £539 and I don't expect the 4G to be any cheaoer.

The one consolation is that it may push down the price of second hand 3G or 3GS.

Last edited:
A little confused why they have tied everyone in to long 3Gs contracts that will make the new model unatainable for so many (there will surely be another model out by the time someones 24 month contract has expired). They could well have shot themselves i the foot with that, I doubt the iPhone 4 will attract too many other outside of current iPhone owners to the brand. It's bound to be more expensive so it wont make it more attainable to those who want an iPhone but are put off by the costs either.

AT&T in the states have allowed curent iPhone users to upgrade 6 months early. Be interesting to see what the networks do here. Personally I think they should do what they did when the 3G came out and allow people to cancel their iPhone contracts if buying a new model and signing up for a new contract.

Anyone know if you can reduce the price of your contract?

I currently pay £35 a month for the Iphone 3G for 500 texts and 500 minutes but could survive on less.

I have no idea as I've never had a contract prior to this phone.

Hopefully the O2 upgrade offer will be reasonable, as I definitely want to get the 4G as soon as it comes out, it looks awesome!

Anyone know if you can reduce the price of your contract?

I currently pay £35 a month for the Iphone 3G for 500 texts and 500 minutes but could survive on less.

I have no idea as I've never had a contract prior to this phone.

You can downgrade your iPhone tariff by one level every 9 months with O2.

You can downgrade your iPhone tariff by one level every 9 months with O2.

Does it have to be done on the 9 months or can it be done anytime? I've had my contract for 13 months now.

Im sorry but the new iPhone doesn't look that different from the last one. Yes you can multi-task but you can get that software if you have the 3gs or whatever

Plus that "face time" is bollocks-need a wifi connection, and I bet it will lag.

If I had an iPhone I don't know why you'd feel the need to upgrade, its not a massive step up. But its still a cracking phone, and if i could afford it i'd have one!

Im sorry but the new iPhone doesn't look that different from the last one. Yes you can multi-task but you can get that software if you have the 3gs or whatever

Plus that "face time" is bollocks-need a wifi connection, and I bet it will lag.

If I had an iPhone I don't know why you'd feel the need to upgrade, its not a massive step up. But its still a cracking phone, and if i could afford it i'd have one!

As soon as my contract runs out with this one I'm going to get a cheap £10 a month phone. I find my self constantly checking this phone for no fecking reason and it does my head in. I use barely any apps and the only real need I will have for it is the Ipod.

Yes you can downgrade now and then again in 9 months from the day you downgrade.

Cheers, just been on the 02 Website and applied to downgrade to the £25 a month tariff.

If you buy the phone outright I might be able to get discount on the phone.
Just buy one of those monthly sims then. Will save you a lot in the long run.

The camera, HD video and video editing software are the main reason I'm upgrading too. If it's too much to upgrade, then I'll probably just settle with getting the OS update for my 3Gs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363