iPhone 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh yep, sorted now. Just had to install the latest version of iTunes.

Ahhh yep, sorted now. Just had to install the latest version of iTunes.

I installed the latest version (9.2), got the message to download the new software, followed all the prompts, then got an error message (1602) - Followed instructions to restore it, now getting error message (1604 or 1601). Im about ready to smash the ****ing phone to bits.

Everything im reading is on about jailbreaking, whatever the **** that is. And apparantly my phone is 'bricked' .. it's about to have a ****ing brick dropped on it I know that much!

I've spent 2 hours now watching Youtube clips, reading endless shit on the web and quite frankly i'm really pissed off.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I installed the latest version (9.2), got the message to download the new software, followed all the prompts, then got an error message (1602) - Followed instructions to restore it, now getting error message (1604 or 1601). Im about ready to smash the ****ing phone to bits.

Everything im reading is on about jailbreaking, whatever the **** that is. And apparantly my phone is 'bricked' .. it's about to have a ****ing brick dropped on it I know that much!

I've spent 2 hours now watching Youtube clips, reading endless shit on the web and quite frankly i'm really pissed off.

Any ideas?

Have you done a complete restore? It'll wipe all your music and stuff off, but you should be able to install the software update after that.

Have you done a complete restore? It'll wipe all your music and stuff off, but you should be able to install the software update after that.

In order to do a full restore, you have to connect the phone to the pc/laptop, open iTunes and you get a prompt that iTunes has recognised a phone in recovery mode and it must be restored. I've clicked all the prompts to restore it and then after 3 mins of watching it try to restor I either get error code 1604 or 1601.

I've googled this error, and have read page after page, nothing really relates to the 3GS, only 2G or 3G - I've tried to follow YouTube clips, most of the examples relate to the Ipod Touch, and i'm still at a complete loss. The last resort before I call o2 / apple is to try and restore it on another PC.

Last edited:

Any ideas?

Jailbreaking = unlocking your phone so you have more access, and can install apps without paying for them

Bricked = wrecked at a software level

Jailbreaking = unlocking your phone so you have more access, and can install apps without paying for them

Bricked = wrecked at a software level

I haven't attempted to do anything dodgy, i've only had it for 4 weeks. I've not even changed the bleeding ringtone.

I've just simply followed the instructions to install the latest software version as per the prompts on iTunes.

I haven't attempted to do anything dodgy, i've only had it for 4 weeks. I've not even changed the bleeding ringtone.

I've just simply followed the instructions to install the latest software version as per the prompts on iTunes.

I know, I was just explaining the terms you asked about.

Your error does appear to be for jailbroken or custom install phones, so I would take it back to wherever you got it from and demand they fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669