iPhone 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I was just explaining the terms you asked about.

Sorry Matt, I didn't mean to sound as if you were trying to say i'd done something wrong, was just keen to point that I hadn't :icon_bigg

Still not sure whether to go with the upgrade or not. If I recycle my iPhone 3gs it more or less covers the cost of the early upgrade, leaving me with about £160 to pay upfront for the phone, which I think is pretty reasonable. I doubt I'll be able to get the money from recycling the phone before the release date on thursday though, so I think I'm going to have to wait - they'll definitely sell out on Thurs.

Might just wait until next year for the inevitable iPhone 4.2

Still not sure whether to go with the upgrade or not. If I recycle my iPhone 3gs it more or less covers the cost of the early upgrade, leaving me with about £160 to pay upfront for the phone, which I think is pretty reasonable. I doubt I'll be able to get the money from recycling the phone before the release date on thursday though, so I think I'm going to have to wait - they'll definitely sell out on Thurs.

What will you gain in the iphone 4 that you will use? Will that be worth £160?

What was the problem? How did you fix it?

I'm not sure what the exact problem was, possibly a corrupt back up on my laptop at home, although I did remove and re-install iTunes last night.

I installed iTunes here at work this morning, and just followed what I did last night, this time it worked!

I've lost all my numbers etc, but i'm on the new operating software and it seems to be working again :038:

Last edited:

I am not bothering. The new tariffs don't agree with how I use it. Annoyed but I'll re-assess when my contract runs out in 7 months.

I tried to update mine last night and it seemed to have worked but, although I can use the phone, any apps I've downloaded won't open. Help!!!!

What will you gain in the iphone 4 that you will use? Will that be worth £160?

There's a lot of new features that aren't just cosmetic, the new display is a lot, lot better, there's HD recording and editing software, an improved camera and - most importantly - vastly improved battery life according to Apple.

I wouldn't mind spending the £160 as I don't often splash out on stuff for myself and I love gadgets, but I begrudge spending that and committing to an 18 or 24 month contract, only for them to bring out a newer model within about 6 or 7 months.

I'll wait until my contract is up and get the latest model next year I think.

There's a lot of new features that aren't just cosmetic, the new display is a lot, lot better, there's HD recording and editing software, an improved camera and - most importantly - vastly improved battery life according to Apple.

I wouldn't mind spending the £160 as I don't often splash out on stuff for myself and I love gadgets, but I begrudge spending that and committing to an 18 or 24 month contract, only for them to bring out a newer model within about 6 or 7 months.

I'll wait until my contract is up and get the latest model next year I think.
You'd be better to buy sim free from Apple for £500 and sell your 3GS for £230-£280. No further contract required that way.

Updated last night and have lost all of the photos from my phone.

Any idea how I might be able to get them back if at all.

Updated last night and have lost all of the photos from my phone.

Any idea how I might be able to get them back if at all.

The new software automatically removes contraband pictures :icon_wink

So, has anyone got one yet?

Did you see all the sad ****ers lining up for one this morning? I couldn't understand what they achieved in doing this. At the end of the day it's just another phone which will be obsolete in a few months time.

Boy Genius said:
Did you see all the sad ****ers lining up for one this morning? I couldn't understand what they achieved in doing this. At the end of the day it's just another phone which will be obsolete in a few months time.
A member of this website queued up from a ridiculous hour and has indeed got one. Apparently, it's 'sexy'.

Spill! Who is the sad fecker?

I know someone who has paid shitloads to upgrade four months early. What is the rush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669