iPhone 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a name I believe.

In fact, after checking the site, I've discovered it's just called iPhone 4.

Apparently there is some sort of 4g network in the US, but not here.

Not just in the US, but as the Indie man said, I think this is just the 4th generation iPhone, nothing to do with 4G network.

What does 4G mean? Is it a new type of mobile internets or just a name?

I'm guessing it's just that it's the 4th generation.

EDIT> Oops .. just read the previous posts ... Doh!

Last edited:
Looks like it might cost you £20 for each month that your 3GS has left on its contract

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/33601/o2-pound20-upgrade-iphone-4

They've confirmed this now.

So in my case, I'd have to pay £260 to 'buy out' my contract, and then start a new 18 or 24 month contract. I thought this was a bit steep, but I found out I can flog my current iPhone 3Gs to the O2 recycle thingy for £240, so I'll only end up having to pay about £20 and then whatever I have to pay up front for my new iPhone contract.

Not too bad - I shall have to have a very serious think about this...

So in my case, I'd have to pay £260 to 'buy out' my contract, and then start a new 18 or 24 month contract. I thought this was a bit steep, but I found out I can flog my current iPhone 3Gs to the O2 recycle thingy for £240, so I'll only end up having to pay about £20 and then whatever I have to pay up front for my new iPhone contract.

It seems to be well accepted the handset will be £250, though not confirmed by O2 yet.

You'll probably get more than that on ebay.

You can get a further 10% added if you use code 'more4u' in the promotions code box.

They are quite strict though on deducting money if it's not 100% perfect. Any small or very minor marks and they'l start taking 5% off at a time.

I sent them my Nokia E71 about 10 days ago. It was fine, had no marks at all, yet they decided it didn't meet their full acceptance terms and deducted 5% off. I couldn't be arsed to argue the toss as they were paying more than everyone anyway, and I had the 10% extra to go on.

It seems to be well accepted the handset will be £250, though not confirmed by O2 yet.

Yeah, but if it's anything like the last time there'll be reductions based on the contract you take. I took a 24 month contract at £45 a month and got the handset free last time. Won't be doing that this time round though, I'd rather pay a fair bit up-front for the phone and get a better, shorter contract.

Yeah, but if it's anything like the last time there'll be reductions based on the contract you take. I took a 24 month contract at £45 a month and got the handset free last time. Won't be doing that this time round though, I'd rather pay a fair bit up-front for the phone and get a better, shorter contract.

I think that includes reductions. It's rumoured to be over £1000 on payg

****ing hell! Well, if that's the case then I might give it a miss for a bit and just download the software update.

New tariffs are out, theyve scraped the unlimited data and replaced it with, wait for it....500mb's. Muppets

Mine will be £240 to upgrade and I can recyle the phone for c.£245. I can't see it mentioned anywhere if the upgrade will be a straight swap for the 32gb iPhone 4, altough I assume it will be.

I'm not certain yet what to do but have registered.

New tariffs are out, theyve scraped the unlimited data and replaced it with, wait for it....500mb's. Muppets

Just check back through some of my previous bills to see what I use. largest was 140mb so hopefully this won't affect me. I have notice that there is a charge for media messages of 20p which I use occasionally and seem to get for free at the minute.

Last edited:
Mine will be £240 to upgrade and I can recyle the phone for c.£245. I can't see it mentioned anywhere if the upgrade will be a straight swap for the 32gb iPhone 4, altough I assume it will be.

I'm not certain yet what to do but have registered.

Just check back through some of my previous bills to see what I use. largest was 140mb so hopefully this won't affect me. I have notice that there is a charge for media messages of 20p which I use occasionally and seem to get for free at the minute.

It may be £240 to buy out your contract, I'm not sure you can say at the moment what the cost will be to upgrade as you don't know the cost of handset.

I suspect you might be right Beights. My HTC Hero arrives on Friday so I will see what thats like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669