iPhone 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's a 'problem' with the Samsung. Just results of a test when put side by side with a superior screen :icon_wink

I was only winding you up. The Samsung has clearly got an exceptional screen, as has the iPhone.

People who can't/won't afford an iPhone always try and kid themselves that a cheaper alternative is better :icon_wink

Last edited:
I was only winding you up. The Samsung has clearly got an exceptional screen, as has the iPhone.

People who can't/won't afford an iPhone always try and kid themselves that a cheaper alternative is better :icon_wink

Ive been trying to post this for about half an hour but t'internet has been playing up.

Ive read a few reviews over lunch and its seems a pretty split decision on which is best. Your right it does seem that the pixelation is better when very close up on the iPhone but then it seems to be the general consensus that the colours and escpially balcks are better on the Samsung, seems to be 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

Found a good photo compariosn at lunch but can't find it now. It addressed the sunlight issue and in that case the Samsung seemed to come out on top.

I think the time has come to challenge Apple's pricing policy. They clearly have a very good product but when other companies can match it and/or beat it for a fraction of the price they will have to look at what they are charging for their prodcuts.

I think the time has come to challenge Apple's pricing policy. They clearly have a very good product but when other companies can match it and/or beat it for a fraction of the price they will have to look at what they are charging for their prodcuts.

I don't think they will though, not in the short to medium term anyway. Clearly the Android market share is a threat to Apple but lowering their prices would remove some of the 'exclusivity' of the iPhone and therefore some of it's appeal. I must state thats how I'd view it if I were an Apple executive not necessarily my own view.

Last edited:
I don't think they will though, not in the short to medium term anyway. Clearly the Android market share is a threat to Apple but lowering their prices would remove some of the 'exclusivity' of the iPhone and therefore some of it's appeal. I must state thats how I'd view it if I were an Apple executive not necessarily my own view.

I spose as long as people want to buy into the brand then they can keep the prices high, however if people start to go elsewhere to buy a product that is equivilant in spec but a fraction of the price then they will be forced to re-think.

I spose as long as people want to buy into the brand then they can keep the prices high, however if people start to go elsewhere to buy a product that is equivilant in spec but a fraction of the price then they will be forced to re-think.

Not necessarily. You can buy a Mondeo with all the features of an s-class Merc. Theres still a market for Mercedes.

Not necessarily. You can buy a Mondeo with all the features of an s-class Merc. Theres still a market for Mercedes.

Features and qualtiy are 2 different things. You are quite tight though that for some brand rules.

Last edited:

I think your forgetting one vital point. Apple couldn't care any less about market share. Case and point is their line of computers. They have about a 10% market share in the US, yet the're profit margins are huge.

Android will eventually have the larger market share (not least because everything seems to be running it at the moment), but if Apple continue to bring in however many ££ they are doing, why would they change anything?

But you're not comparing like with like. Is the iPhone the Mondeo or the Merc in your analogy?

Had it for a few days now.

The screen amazes me every time I turn it on. It's a beaut.

It's quicker, sturdier, cleaner, less scratchable. Top stuff.

As the higher priced item in the analogy it's the Merc. What's not like with like?

It's diffeerentiation withing the market-s very clever merchandising wby merc and apple. They'll make the profit maximising point- which sounds boring but i do economics a university and believe me a lot of research will have gone into pricing the iphone 4

It's diffeerentiation withing the market-s very clever merchandising wby merc and apple. They'll make the profit maximising point- which sounds boring but i do economics a university and believe me a lot of research will have gone into pricing the iphone 4

Thanks for replying to my post but I don't understand it.

Stand back Ladies & Gentlemen, I had a loan-calculator from the Maths department when I was young and I think I can speak his language.

Fox Franks says "70177345" and goes on to say, at Alex, "58008".

Thanks for replying to my post but I don't understand it.

Sorry. basically apple knows that loads of people will want it, ergo they'll put the price at a level which makes them the most money- not necessarily the one that will sell the most.

Hopefully that makes more sense. I don't know what the hell happened with my typing- sorry guys!

Sorry. basically apple knows that loads of people will want it, ergo they'll put the price at a level which makes them the most money- not necessarily the one that will sell the most.

...and in other news, yes, the Pope does shit in the woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469