iPhone Apps..

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NavFree sat nav is the better of the two IMO. Skobbler was ok, but I felt the instructions were much clearer on NavFree. Although I can't remember seeing the camera warning, I do like how NavFree has the current road spead limit clearly displayed in a circle at the bottom left of the screen. It also has your current road speed, which I know is never accurate, but when I looked it was pretty bang on to my speedo.

I'll be deleting skobbler I think... the instructions as you say are not that clear.

I also noticed on NavFree this morning coming to work, it picked up the light outside and changed the screen from a bright daytime background, to a dark night time back ground. On Skobbler you had to do this manually.

The NavFree sat nav is the better of the two IMO. Skobbler was ok, but I felt the instructions were much clearer on NavFree. Although I can't remember seeing the camera warning, I do like how NavFree has the current road spead limit clearly displayed in a circle at the bottom left of the screen. It also has your current road speed, which I know is never accurate, I looked pretty bang on sat in the car in my speedo's .[/quote]

Jesus Mary and Joseph !!!!

I also noticed on NavFree this morning coming to work, it picked up the light outside and changed the screen from a bright daytime background, to a dark night time back ground. On Skobbler you had to do this manually.

Let me get this straight - you used a SatNav to get from your home to your place of work? And you checked it often enough to noice the change in screen colours?

Are you really that mistrusting of your memory?

Let me get this straight - you used a SatNav to get from your home to your place of work? And you checked it often enough to noice the change in screen colours?

Are you really that mistrusting of your memory?

No :icon_lol: .... Part of my journey involves going over Basford crossings, which I can never seem to time just right and end up waiting for 5-10 minutes for the bloody trams and robin hood line train to clear, so I was having a play around with it (NavFree, not what you're thinking you dirty old man!) :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Drove over to Leicester not so long back, knew my way but put it on just to see the features over a longer trip.

One problem is it doesn't have the correct speed on the road you are on. This isn't the case all the while, but it says a dual carriageway which is national speed limit is 60mph when it's 70mph, some roads which were actually 50mph it said were 60mph etc. Still not bad for a freebie.

Last edited:
Super Twario World, a Twitter app developed by a mate of mine got a mention on gizmodo today.

He's delighted with himself and is in danger of becoming insufferable

Oh lord, there is now a Football Rumours iPhone app. 59p for a random club/player generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363