iPhone, Blackberry or other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Genius

Banned
Changing my phone this week, I don't really like the iphone so I was thinking of a blackberry. Just need a comparison from people with experience of these phones. Also is an android worth looking at?

I have both BG, iPhone for personal use, and my work phone is a Blackberry. If I could dispose of my Blackberry I would, I fecking hate it. Admittedly my boss was absolutely ripped off by the sales rep and we got the end of the line model, however I suspect they all operate the same in which case I think you will get wound up very easily :icon_lol:

Last edited:
A mate of mine has a Blackberry, he wishes he had an iphone!

I have a BlackBerry and I wish I had an iphone. I have the touchscreen BlackBerry (Storm I think) and it's piss weak. I look after my handsets but this one is rattling like a sack of glass. The functionality of it isn't bad but from what I've seen the iphone is miles better. The only feather in the cap for the BlackBerry is it's messenger service which is great if all of your mates have a BlackBerry but they all have iphones!!

Android is pretty good, I'm happy I've got the HTC Desire, it's not any better or worse than an iphone but you don't have to pay a fortune for it and most things work. My wife had loads of problems with her iphone trying to use data in the US but on Android you just turn off roaming and it won't bother you (in the end she had to remove the service APN on the iphone to stop getting data charges).

Android is pretty good, I'm happy I've got the HTC Desire, it's not any better or worse than an iphone but you don't have to pay a fortune for it and most things work. My wife had loads of problems with her iphone trying to use data in the US but on Android you just turn off roaming and it won't bother you (in the end she had to remove the service APN on the iphone to stop getting data charges).

Why didn't she just turn off international data roaming?

Why didn't she just turn off international data roaming?

She did, it doesn't work properly on IOS and the phone will turn it back on itself if you use wifi to browse the net. It's a known issue that Apple may write a fix for but they're not in a hurry as it makes their partners (the phone companies) money.

Last edited:
She did, it doesn't work properly on IOS and the phone will turn it back on itself if you use wifi to browse the net. It's a known issue that Apple may write a fix for but they're not in a hurry as it makes their partners (the phone companies) money.

I've never had the problem personally.

I've never had the problem personally.

Must be lucky then, she caught it before the costs mounted up and got a refund from O2 but even with all notifications turned off, data roaming off etc the phone was able to connect to 3G in the US, logging into wifi seemed to cause it. Removing the APN stopped the problem but it shouldn't be there in the first place.

O2 were aware of the problem and advised removal of the APN, seems they have been making a lot of refunds recently.

Changing my phone this week, I don't really like the iphone so I was thinking of a blackberry. Just need a comparison from people with experience of these phones. Also is an android worth looking at?

This is my 2nd Blackberry and have to say that it has been brill for me, it does everything i want it to and have never had a problem with it at all.

Everyone has a different opinion depending on what model they have, but i can tell you one thing for sure, i would never have a phone made by Apple cus i work for a company that returns 300 to 400 faulty phones to Apple on a daily basis.

i would never have a phone made by Apple

I would never own anything made by Apple.
12% of Apple's net profit is set aside for torturing and killing puppies. Fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566