Ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is easier than just connecting and clicking 'yes'? :102:

You forgot about adding songs to the iTunes library.
With that included, dragging & dropping and not having to install extra, unnecessary software on your PC is a lot easier.

Last edited:
Well if you have all your music in one folder which most people do, then all you have to do is select that as the folder to use as the iTunes library. Not exactly a mammoth task and tasks about 10 seconds.

The software is a media player so it gets used all the time, in fact it is the most frequently used program on my computer so is pretty useful.

Anyway, I'm sure we have gone over this about 5 times before and in the end we always agree that you're better off with an iPod. :icon_lol:

Well if you have all your music in one folder which most people do, then all you have to do is select that as the folder to use as the iTunes library. Not exactly a mammoth task and tasks about 10 seconds.

Not me, I've music stored on different drives, I've also got podcasts stored separately from my music which I also copy onto my MP3 player, so not as straightforward as you think.
Also, what happens if you have more music than your iPod can store? Is it still as easy as clicking 'Yes'?

Anyway, I'm sure we have gone over this about 5 times before and in the end we always agree that you're better off with an iPod. :icon_lol:

In your dreams sheep boy.:icon_bigg

Well if you have all your music in one folder which most people do, then all you have to do is select that as the folder to use as the iTunes library.

There's no mp3 player available with enough memory to store all my music. And I wouldn't want to copy them all anyway.

What could be easier than just dragging and dropping with the file manager software that you use all the time on your PC? No extra software to install and learn.

And if you want to synchronise stuff, windows media player does a good job of doing that. No need for itunes at all. As a media player I find it a bit clunky.

There's no mp3 player available with enough memory to store all my music. And I wouldn't want to copy them all anyway.

What could be easier than just dragging and dropping with the file manager software that you use all the time on your PC? No extra software to install and learn.

And if you want to synchronise stuff, windows media player does a good job of doing that. No need for itunes at all. As a media player I find it a bit clunky.
yes because its so ****ing complicated using that nasty itunes

*MUST DOWNLOAD MUSIC MUST GIVE APPLE MONEY*

itunes is free.....

I started using it before Christmas when i got my itouch. I think its great and prefer it to WMP. I especially like the way it looks at the track you're listening to and recommends an alternative.

If you want to drag and drop use a program called xplay. I use it for my shuffle and ipod nano.

yes because its so ****ing complicated using that nasty itunes

*MUST DOWNLOAD MUSIC MUST GIVE APPLE MONEY*

Why are you getting so angry because somebody has a different preference of media player to yourself? :102:

I've put some of my songs onto my Ipod. Took me a bit of time yesterday. Can't even bloody switch the Ipod off, how do you? Most my batteries gone now.

if you sync it on itunes, it'll wipe the stuff already on there

because apple are tw&ts

however the file are there on the new drive, they are just hidden, you can unhide them#

but (as if to prove how twatty they are) apple have randomised the names, so you'll need to open them first in itunes to realise what they are, then delete them on the drive

and then sometimes they don't disappear properly

am liking my cheapy one from tesco but am getting annoying with AAA batteries cos i listen to it at work and prefer a USB to nick their leccy

might buy a new nano and use the third party drag and drop stuff

has anyone got a Zune? any good?

Why are you getting so angry because somebody has a different preference of media player to yourself? :102:
im not angry i just find the criticisms pathetic, your free to use whatever media player you want, but making out itunes to be some evil over complicated programme is just bollocks imo

im not angry i just find the criticisms pathetic, your free to use whatever media player you want, but making out itunes to be some evil over complicated programme is just bollocks imo

But that isn't the criticism dd, it's Apple cynically trying to lockdown the iPod to iTunes that has been criticised NOT that iTunes itself is overcomplicated.

But that isn't the criticism dd, it's Apple cynically trying to lockdown the iPod to iTunes that has been criticised NOT that iTunes itself is overcomplicated.

Were these people moaning forced to buy one? :102:

I've put some of my songs onto my Ipod. Took me a bit of time yesterday. Can't even bloody switch the Ipod off, how do you? Most my batteries gone now.

Next time you nick something, make sure you get the instruction book too. I had a devil of a time with that SatNav I got out of a car in Bristol a few weeks back........

Last edited:
why shouldn't they though?-its their product they can do what they want with it.-i wouldn't buy a ps3 game and expect to be able to play it on an xbox 360?

and jeff was making out that itunes was complicated.

why shouldn't they though?-its their product they can do what they want with it.

Absolutely, but myself, and many others, refuse to buy an iPod precisely because of this questionable business model.

i wouldn't buy a ps3 game and expect to be able to play it on an xbox 360?

Specious reasoning alert!

The issue is about buying a portable harddrive that can play music files and being able to mount that drive on your PC without being forced into using proprietary & unnecessary software.

It's quite simple really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670