Ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.
plus apple could chose to allow the iPod to be used in theory with any other software-but as its there product they can do what they want with it and by having their own software for it can get the best out of it.

TBH, I've tried iTunes for a while but have uninstalled it and gone back to Winamp which is far superior IMHO. I mean, iTunes hasn't even got a global hotkey facility without using a third party program.

TBH, I've tried iTunes for a while but have uninstalled it and gone back to Winamp which is far superior IMHO. I mean, iTunes hasn't even got a global hotkey facility without using a third party program.
whats a global hotkey facility and whats the benefits of having one:102:

whats a global hotkey facility and whats the benefits of having one:102:

If you have music on while surfing or doing a spreadsheet or something and the next track comes on and you want to skip to the next then a simple key press will do, it rather than having to click on the iTunes icon and then on the next button.

im hardly jumping to conclusions-from that it seems to me your saying iTunes isn't as easy to use as the alternatives

I was saying it's not as easy to use as dragging and dropping in windows explorer. Using the software that everyone with windows is familiar with, and just dragging and dropping, or copying and pasting, is bound to be easier than having to install new software which you need to learn how to use and have to run every time you want to copy something to your ipod.

But I didn't say itunes is "complicated", which is what you accused me of.

Itunes is easy to use. Windows explorer is easier. Get it now?

If you have music on while surfing or doing a spreadsheet or something and the next track comes on and you want to skip to the next then a simple key press will do, it rather than having to click on the iTunes icon and then on the next button.
well i can do that using my keyboard

I was saying it's not as easy to use as dragging and dropping in windows explorer. Using the software that everyone with windows is familiar with, and just dragging and dropping, or copying and pasting, is bound to be easier than having to install new software which you need to learn how to use and have to run every time you want to copy something to your ipod.

But I didn't say itunes is "complicated", which is what you accused me of.

Itunes is easy to use. Windows explorer is easier. Get it now?
in that case theres really no need to be put of :icon_wink

well i can do that using my keyboard

If the focus is on another application?
Without using a third party plug-in?

I challenge you to tell me how because that feature is a common request on the iPod forums wish-lists.

If the focus is on another application?
Without using a third party plug-in?

I challenge you to tell me how because that feature is a common request on the iPod forums wish-lists.
my keyboard is v.similar to this http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/images/press/2002/10-15OpticalMousekb-lg.jpg

as you can see at the top there are icons for play/pause stop and skipping tracks-so i use them if i have another window open to skip tracks

duno if thats what you meant or not.

my keyboard is v.similar to this http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/images/press/2002/10-15OpticalMousekb-lg.jpg

as you can see at the top there are icons for play/pause stop and skipping tracks-so i use them if i have another window open to skip tracks

duno if thats what you meant or not.

If that works then that would have been the answer for me. Sadly, I don't have a multimedia keyboard so rely on global hotkeys which iTunes doesn't support.

I think I am behind the times in only having a bog standard keyboard - I feel inferior :icon_redf

I am probably going to be joining the ipod dark side soon, partially for the fact that apparantly you can just plug it straight into your 360 and play from it (my Sony AW... doesn't support that). Also having used the Sony AW... I am used to having to use proprietory software and not just drag and drop, and seeing as I won't buy any music from ITunes, and SonicStage is shockingly bad, it can only be an improvement.

Here you go apple, have my soul.

Oh and they also look really shiny!

I am probably going to be joining the ipod dark side soon, partially for the fact that apparantly you can just plug it straight into your 360 and play from it (my Sony AW... doesn't support that). Also having used the Sony AW... I am used to having to use proprietory software and not just drag and drop, and seeing as I won't buy any music from ITunes, and SonicStage is shockingly bad, it can only be an improvement.

Here you go apple, have my soul.

Oh and they also look really shiny!
if your planning on doing that, you'll have to import all your music into mp3 format on itunes (which can easily be done using the settings) as if you import it in aac format (which itunes has as its automatic setting) then you won't be able to play it through your 360.

if your planning on doing that, you'll have to import all your music into mp3 format on itunes (which can easily be done using the settings) as if you import it in aac format (which itunes has as its automatic setting) then you won't be able to play it through your 360.

Would they not only be .aac files if you are 'renting' them from the iTunes store?
What if all of his files are mp3 already?

Would they not only be .aac files if you are 'renting' them from the iTunes store?
What if all of his files are mp3 already?
No, when you import music into iTunes from a cd, it is automatically converted into AAC format-however you can change this so that it is imported in MP3 format, or other formats.

If all of his files are MP3 already then no problem-you can play mp3 files using itunes and on your ipod-you can also play WAV files and other formats though i can't remember of the top of my head. You can also use itunes to convert all your WMA files so that they can played on your iPod and in iTunes.

Specious reasoning alert!

:icon_bigg

oh i missed it, he gets the Darth Vodka yellow card for specious reasoning ;)

by that logic, i should only watch television programmes by Samsung

oh and itunes is NOT easy to use

you try loading some files on, changing computer then deleting one...

it's easy to use if you're doing EXACTLY what apple want you to do

these companies, Apple, google, they all start out saying "oh Microsoft are sooo bad, we'll never be like that"

but they do

oh and itunes is NOT easy to use

you try loading some files on, changing computer then deleting one...

it's easy to use if you're doing EXACTLY what apple want you to do

these companies, Apple, google, they all start out saying "oh Microsoft are sooo bad, we'll never be like that"

but they do

And it hurts more every time doesn't it, like an abusive partner.

And it hurts more every time doesn't it, like an abusive partner.

That's actually a good analogy, similarly some people thrive on being a victim and will make excuses for their abusive partners. :icon_lol:

That's actually a good analogy, similarly some people thrive on being a victim and will make excuses for their abusive partners. :icon_lol:

Abused Partner said:
Well yes he beats me, but I never need to drag drop him, and I bought him, so I shouldn't need to use any third party partners

I see what you mean

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673