Ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Neil Warnock and Dennis Wise have iPods and use iTunes.

In that case I'll never buy one

I'd sooner my ears fell off than be associated with anything that those two feckers use

I'd sooner my ears fell off than be associated with anything that those two feckers use

Hope you are good at crossing your legs and squeezing your bum cheeks together then.....

if your planning on doing that, you'll have to import all your music into mp3 format on itunes (which can easily be done using the settings) as if you import it in aac format (which itunes has as its automatic setting) then you won't be able to play it through your 360.

Pretty sure that there is a download somewhere in the marketplace to allow you to do this.

I think it is streaming .aac files to your 360 that you cannot do.

oh and itunes is NOT easy to use

you try loading some files on, changing computer then deleting one...

it's easy to use if you're doing EXACTLY what apple want you to do

these companies, Apple, google, they all start out saying "oh Microsoft are sooo bad, we'll never be like that"

but they do

Well I can put all my songs on from my laptop to my iPod, and the delete stuff from any other computer that has iTunes.

The only crap thing IMO about the iPod is that you cannot put music onto one from any computer, it has to be the same one unless you format it. And anyway, all of you lot are against that as it is 'stealing' so should not form part of your arguments.

I still, after countless different threads and this thread, am yet to be persuaded that an iPod is a poor product because it simply is not.

The only reason IMO why some posters of this forum have a dislike for the iPod is because they think it is good to be different.

And before anyone says I only got one 'to look cool' then that's bull. I had a much more expensive MP3 player before I had my iPod which I sold for the same amount as an iPod cost brand new from the Apple Store because it was hard to use, slow, chunky and generally not as good as an iPod.

Pretty sure that there is a download somewhere in the marketplace to allow you to do this.

I think it is streaming .aac files to your 360 that you cannot do.

i only say this as when i connected my ipod to my 360, it only played the files that were mp3 and didnt recognise any aac files-something like that anyway

Well I can put all my songs on from my laptop to my iPod, and the delete stuff from any other computer that has iTunes.

The only crap thing IMO about the iPod is that you cannot put music onto one from any computer, it has to be the same one unless you format it. And anyway, all of you lot are against that as it is 'stealing' so should not form part of your arguments.

I still, after countless different threads and this thread, am yet to be persuaded that an iPod is a poor product because it simply is not.

The only reason IMO why some posters of this forum have a dislike for the iPod is because they think it is good to be different.

And before anyone says I only got one 'to look cool' then that's bull. I had a much more expensive MP3 player before I had my iPod which I sold for the same amount as an iPod cost brand new from the Apple Store because it was hard to use, slow, chunky and generally not as good as an iPod.

You can get music of other computers if you have your iPod on manual setting-you can even drag and drop in iTunes :icon_lol:

good points though:023:

You lost me there, how & what would you be stealing?

Please don't include me in that group, I've clearly explained my issues with it.

i only say this as when i connected my ipod to my 360, it only played the files that were mp3 and didnt recognise any aac files-something like that anyway.

TBH I could have got it the wrong way round, the download is so you can stream .aac, not sure TBH but there is definitely a download for the one or the other.

You can get music of other computers if you have your iPod on manual setting-you can even drag and drop in iTunes :icon_lol:

good points though:023:

Yeah, defo got that one the wrong way round, I meant you can't take stuff of iPods but it is not very hard at all to find some free software to allow you to do so.

RE: Macky

You know what I mean, so to stop doing what I mentioned above. You can actually set the iPod to be used as an external drive so you could 'drag and drop' them on to the iPod from say your home computer, connect it to your work computer and add the songs from the iPod into your library. Then transfer the songs from your library to your iPod et voila, your own music transfered to your iPod from any computer. ;)

And obviously I wasn't including you in that comment, you're way to cool for school! What MP3 player do you have as I wish I were like you! :biggrin: :033:

TBH I could have got it the wrong way round, the download is so you can stream .aac, not sure TBH but there is definitely a download for the one or the other.

Yeah, defo got that one the wrong way round, I meant you can't take stuff of iPods but it is not very hard at all to find some free software to allow you to do so.

RE: Macky

You know what I mean, so to stop doing what I mentioned above. You can actually set the iPod to be used as an external drive so you could 'drag and drop' them on to the iPod from say your home computer, connect it to your work computer and add the songs from the iPod into your library. Then transfer the songs from your library to your iPod et voila, your own music transfered to your iPod from any computer. ;)

And obviously I wasn't including you in that comment, you're way to cool for school! What MP3 player do you have as I wish I were like you! :biggrin: :033:

Am I just thick or something? I'm really not grasping what it is that you'd be stealing or who you'd be stealing from, I do that all the time with my cheapo little Wharfedale 2Gb mp3 player, it's about the size of a fag lighter, has a superb sound as you'd expect and does exactly what I want it to do.

My OS just mounts it as an external drive for me to browse with an explorer window, I can use it to transfer whatever files that I want, not just mp3s, it charges via USB and I can sync it to my media player of choice.

Am I just thick or something? I'm really not grasping what it is that you'd be stealing or who you'd be stealing from, I do that all the time with my cheapo little Wharfedale 2Gb mp3 player, it's about the size of a fag lighter, has a superb sound as you'd expect and does exactly what I want it to do.

My OS just mounts it as an external drive for me to browse with an explorer window, I can use it to transfer whatever files that I want, not just mp3s, it charges via USB and I can sync it to my media player of choice.

I think what he was referring to as stealing is having the track on multiple devices. If you apply it to real world physical objects, I cannot buy a DVD from HMV and then make duplicates, similarly I can't go in and buy it once and then just wander in at any point and take another copy off the shelf for free.

As you can't monitor the "version" of a file economically then I think they get around this by saying you can only have a copy in one place.

And if you go down the whole " I was just backing it up" route then they would argue why do you need to backup to another portable device, a fixed storage media would be much better.

I'm suffering from a banging hangover and can't be arsed to read through 10 pages as my head is seriously in pain.

I have a 30gb iPod like Jessel and I can't be arsed to upload my 300+ albums onto iTunes. Is there an easier way of uploading my music instead of wasting hours of my time uploading them individually?

Ta very muchly.

I'm suffering from a banging hangover and can't be arsed to read through 10 pages as my head is seriously in pain.

I have a 30gb iPod like Jessel and I can't be arsed to upload my 300+ albums onto iTunes. Is there an easier way of uploading my music instead of wasting hours of my time uploading them individually?

Ta very muchly.

Theres no quick way to import 300 cds on to a computer be it with itunes or any other music library software.

I already have all my albums on Windows Media Player. I just want to know if I can copy them all over to iTunes.

I already have all my albums on Windows Media Player. I just want to know if I can copy them all over to iTunes.

Presumably they are stored in your My Music folder, in which case they can be addressed by ITunes or WMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363