Ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Genius

Banned
I need information on ipods. Which is best to get an ipod or one of the new sony thingies....

Somebody told me with an ipod, if the battery fecks up it cannot be replaced, seems a bit odd but is he right?

The one I have looked at is a 30Gig and the Sony is 20Gig.....which is the better option....:102:

Boy Genius said:
I need information on ipods. Which is best to get an ipod or one of the new sony thingies....

Somebody told me with an ipod, if the battery fecks up it cannot be replaced, seems a bit odd but is he right?

The one I have looked at is a 30Gig and the Sony is 20Gig.....which is the better option....:102:

The iPod battery can be replaced by Apple but it's not really an issue with the newer players.

I have an iPod which I think is excellent. I have seen the Sony and was generally unimpressed. The software is naff.

This will open up all the usual shit about iPods.

I have an NW-A3000, the new sony one. Excellent player, lovely screen, shite, w*nk, f*ecking crappy software. Get an Ipod!

Duzza said:
I would buy this one http://www.apple.com/uk/ipod/ipod.html 30gb is more than enough IMO.

Don't let these morons on here talk you in to buying some cheap crappy imitation, like they usually do :icon_bigg

Thanks lads, only decided to get one this morning, my mind is made up now. I have already got the itunes software which I use for the on line podcasts etc and have been pleased with that.

So ipod it is then.......
5_3_1.gif

well i dont see why anyone actually needs anything more than 512 mb, you get over 8 hours of music on that. does anyone need any more than a few albums on an mp3 player at once?

Nathan said:
well i dont see why anyone actually needs anything more than 512 mb, you get over 8 hours of music on that. does anyone need any more than a few albums on an mp3 player at once?

I dont suppose anyone needs an mp3 player at all. However preferably I like to have all my music in one place and not have to worry about what is currently on my ipod and what isn't.

so do i

i have all of my favourite music on mine, and it's only a 512. i dont fill it either. you'll never listen to everything if you fill it so whats the point? i just select the things i know i want to listen to and get rid of the ones i dont really care about (poor album tracks etc). then i dont need to worry about skipping rubbish songs

I want to get as much as my cd collection on as I can. I doubt if a 30Gig player will be big enough anyway, but it is a very convenient way of carrying all your music around.
My mate has a transmitter thingy and then plays through his car radio. Sound is OK but then again he is only in a car. Thats what I want to do. Having 40 odd cds in a car is a pain, and you never have the one there you want to play.
Anyway I have ordered one now......

Boy Genius said:
I want to get as much as my cd collection on as I can. I doubt if a 30Gig player will be big enough anyway, but it is a very convenient way of carrying all your music around.
My mate has a transmitter thingy and then plays through his car radio. Sound is OK but then again he is only in a car. Thats what I want to do. Having 40 odd cds in a car is a pain, and you never have the one there you want to play.
Anyway I have ordered one now......

The FM transmitters arent great BG. What you driving?

Duzza said:
The FM transmitters arent great BG. What you driving?

Its for my works van, when I am driving it I go insane, only radio and one of those old cassette things. I am not going to spend money on a CD system for it. This way has its uses away from the van as well

My CD collection is around 90GB, so I'm waiting for a decent 100GB player to come out before I buy another one.

Nathan, the good thing about having all your CDs on one player is you can put it on random play so you can have a good mix of different music.

Maybe if you're only young and you only have a few CDs that all sound similar it's not that important, but if you listen to everything from Beethoven to Gangsta rap it can be difficult to put a decent selection onto 512MB.

so how long will it take you to listen to everything on a 100GB? i think it's silly that you'll have all those thousands of songs on there but most of them will never be played.

but i am young and dont have a massive collection like you old folk :icon_wink

Nathan said:
so how long will it take you to listen to everything on a 100GB? i think it's silly that you'll have all those thousands of songs on there but most of them will never be played.

but i am young and dont have a massive collection like you old folk :icon_wink

It's not about listening to it all back to back. Its about having everything at your disposal so you can listen to what you like IMO.

i'm not saying it has to be back to back, i'm on about when it's on shuffle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363