Ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan said:
i'm not saying it has to be back to back, i'm on about when it's on shuffle too.

Still not the point. If it's on shuffle it still pulls tracks from a much larger collection. This gives more choice and variation.

It like life Nathan, all about choices.

I'm currently listening to the music on my PC on random play.

10 tracks picked at random by my pc:

Madness - It must be love (live)
Elgar - Crown of India Suite
Whodini - Freaks come out at night
Club nouveau - lean on me
James Brown - Night train
Assault on Precinct 13 main title (coincidentally I bought the new version of the film on DVD last night - but the music is from the old version)
Fragma - you are alive
3 Canal - let the session begin
Half man half biscuit - the referee's alphabet
Thin Lizzy - the boys are back in town (live)

There's no way I'd be able to have that kind of variety without having a hard disk player.
If you prefer to listen to the same stuff over and over again that's your choice, but I'd get bored with that.

webmaster said:
I'm currently listening to the music on my PC on random play.

10 tracks picked at random by my pc:

Madness - It must be love (live)
Elgar - Crown of India Suite
Whodini - Freaks come out at night
Club nouveau - lean on me
James Brown - Night train
Assault on Precinct 13 main title (coincidentally I bought the new version of the film on DVD last night - but the music is from the old version)
Fragma - you are alive
3 Canal - let the session begin
Half man half biscuit - the referee's alphabet
Thin Lizzy - the boys are back in town (live)

There's no way I'd be able to have that kind of variety without having a hard disk player.
If you prefer to listen to the same stuff over and over again that's your choice, but I'd get bored with that.

cracking sound track that.... The new film came nowhere near the old film. The original is a classic.

Nathan said:
i know i know

each to their own.

i'll stick to listening to my favourites.

all four of them..............:icon_wink

ok, i'll give you a list of whats on my ipod later and see how often i would listen to the same stuff "over and over". i dont think i'd mind listening to the first track again after 4 hours of other music in between.

I have a Sony Walkman NW HD5 20GB. this has now been replaced, with the new more stylish looking things.

I Prefer the controls on this to the ipod. Sonys SonicStage software is poor, but i do all of my encoding in other programs and only use it to upload to the player, so i manage. I Don't like ITunes either.

My player is full, and i have some music that i cant get on, although this is all stuff i deleted to make room, so i don't miss it.

The variety is great, i listen to it at work so it gets about 9 hours play per day. and i have everything according to my mood, sometimes Soul, sometimes Metal, sometimes blues, others Jazz or whatever.

I Also have friends that enjoy music, although none have any more than a 256mb player, so i like being able to play a song on demand when it comes up in conversation (Thanks to my portable speakers)

Playlists are probably the best thing, thanks to these i listen to my mp3 player in home most of the time, my stereo system doesn't get much use now, except for new cd's i can't wait to listen to.

I Couldn't live without it now.

If Price is a concern, i would certainly recomend the sony NW HD5, since its been superceeded you can get them quite cheap.

Got one off amazon, £219..... and whats with a fecking remote, jesus christ thats got to be the height of lazyness.....

drummindefender said:
you are being sarcastic right?

You are not accusing the Home Office of being sarcastic are you? :icon_eek: :icon_razz ;)

I think the home office are just finding excuses as to why crime rate is rising as opposed to afalling

Steven said:
You are not accusing the Home Office of being sarcastic are you? :icon_eek: :icon_razz ;)
what i meant steve is that surely you are being sarcastic in the sense the reason why crime has risen is purely because of iPods

drummindefender said:
what i meant steve is that surely you are being sarcastic in the sense the reason why crime has risen is purely because of iPods

If you believe the Home Office then this is why street crime has risen. ;)

Steven said:
depends how you interpret it-could be seen that crime generally is on the rise and one of the most common items people have when out and about is an iPod, which is the reason why a large number of muggings involved them

Steven said:

wasn't it Mobile phones before?

they just look for excuses, by blaming ipods, phones or whatever, they are essentially saying it is the victims fault. they are trying to push the responsability for rising crime onto us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363