Post Match Ipswich (home) 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Performance & results are so disappointing. The noises coming out of club tell me we will turn the corner, we will get it right, etc. I cannot see where this optimism comes from? We are bereft of ideas, we don't get the ball into the box enough, so real chances are few and far between. We need a massive step change in performance to mout a serious challenge for aplay off place and I don't see where this is coming from. As mentioned before we are drifting and I don't see the fight or determination to change things.

Performance & results are so disappointing. The noises coming out of club tell me we will turn the corner, we will get it right, etc. I cannot see where this optimism comes from? We are bereft of ideas, we don't get the ball into the box enough, so real chances are few and far between. We need a massive step change in performance to mout a serious challenge for aplay off place and I don't see where this is coming from. As mentioned before we are drifting and I don't see the fight or determination to change things.

Your last point about fight and determination is spot on. There isn't any. Currently, I prefer to blame Sven who I think has played a big part in projecting LCFC as a powerful, big monied club that will buy its way out of the division. But the owners and their place people have also played a part in this process. I want to believe Pearson has different values - about hard work and effort - although I must admit I find his current selection policy puzzling.

I wonder what those people chanting "4-4-2" earlier in the season think now.

I wonder what those people chanting "4-4-2" earlier in the season think now.

I hope they now understand that its not principally about formation - and in any case this needs to be fluid/ flexible.

The way I see it is we have a load of players none of whom isexceptional so different skill level is not the main issue- the goal keeper is probably the best of the bunch.

I just wonder if Pearson should regard level of individual motivation as the key factor when picking his side. He might want to form his own view on which players really want to wear the shirt - and (providing there are enough of them) pick a team.

The thing I've always thought about motivation though, is that you need certain type of players to do it. For a manager to be able to "get the best of out someone" that player has to have a certain personality to begin with. I've never quite understood the idea that some people think a manager can come in and just get any side fired up.

Even Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough, who are undoubtedly two of the best motivators there have ever been, never actually got their teams going in the right direction right from the off and it took them a couple of seasons until they brought their own players in until they started coming good. Same with MON when he was here, it was only when he brought in the like of Izzet, Lennon and Claridge we started to do well after a poor start, he couldn't "get the best" out of a lot of the players already here who performed better under McGhee.

I think SGE concentrated too much on the players' reputation and didn't bother researching these players' personalities, which is something NP has always advocated.

Last edited:
Only 6 pages of post match comment at a time when most people are on holiday with time on the hands.

Just goes to show, hardly anyone gives a shit anymore........

With the doom mongerers and know-it-all's out in full force I suspect a few people are avoiding the threads...and who could blame them.

With the doom mongerers and know-it-all's out in full force I suspect a few people are avoiding the threads...and who could blame them.

Ture. I've made use of the ignore user function for the first time due to reading the tedious bollocks on here in recent weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669