Is Gradel really any good!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
from what i've seen of him this season, with confidence he's brilliant and takes defenders on for fun. he can also hit a hell of a shot from time to time (hinckley pre season), but without confidence, he can look poor but you have to remember he's had issues in his family. exciting player if we get behind him and fill him with belief.

Cock burn you say?

Well, any port in the storm I guess...

I seen it Alex, it'll be wasted on these savages though

Don't forget, pass to the left and pour to the right...or is it the other way around?

Has anybody ever thought of really getting behind a player and boosting their confidence. Max would benefit from this -fact! When he comes onto the pitch the crowd should really get behind him - chant his name etc... and he will respond and improve from this. He needs to find a bit of belief and the crowd could give him that. Trouble is, too many people like to jump on the criticism bandwagon. As soon as something goes wrong on the pitch, people moan, criticise etc... People need to start realising that if a player does something wrong on the pitch, you need to get behind them instead of criticising. The psychology behind max is something the crowd could influence but the crowd won't do it!

Last edited:
Has anybody ever thought of really getting behind a player and boosting their confidence. Max would benefit from this -fact! When he comes onto the pitch the crowd should really get behind him - chant his name etc... and he will respond and improve from this. He needs to find a bit of belief and the crowd could give him that. Trouble is, too many people like to jump on the criticism bandwagon. As soon as something goes wrong on the pitch, people moan, criticise etc... People need to start realising that if a player does something wrong on the pitch, you need to get behind them instead of criticising. The psychology behind max is something the crowd could influence but the crowd won't do it!

Excellent. One of the best posts I have read.

Has anybody ever thought of really getting behind a player and boosting their confidence.
I wonder if they've ever thought about playing well to boost my confidence in buying another season ticket.

We've all played local football, are you seriously suggesting none of us gave 100% because there wasn't enough people shouting our names?

F**king bizarre.

I wonder if they've ever thought about playing well to boost my confidence in buying another season ticket.

We've all played local football, are you seriously suggesting none of us gave 100% because there wasn't enough people shouting our names?

F**king bizarre.

You have misunderstood the point. Firstly, playing well isn't that simple - i thought you'd realise this. It comes down to many factors, from fitness to psychological state. Any player can give 100% but if they haven't got the confidence then they will not play well. Max might appear as though he is not putting the work in due to a lack of self belief. If he isn't feeling confident, he won't put himself in positions to receive the ball so much, he will take the easier option and pass instead of taking the man on. It's human nature to do this when things aren't going well. Simple really!

The relationship between a fans desire to buy a season ticket and the performance of a team is reciprocal in some ways - you support the team, they play better and you want another ticket. Or you take the option - you moan/get on peoples backs, they feel the pressure, they make mistakes and you don't want another ticket. Trouble is, people like moaning.

F**king bizarre.

You talk some real rubbish sometimes Melts. Ive never played local football cos im rubbish as demonstrated vs FT. Agree with th rest of the post though! :icon_wink

You have misunderstood the point. Firstly, playing well isn't that simple - i thought you'd realise this. It comes down to many factors, from fitness to psychological state. Any player can give 100% but if they haven't got the confidence then they will not play well. Max might appear as though he is not putting the work in due to a lack of self belief. If he isn't feeling confident, he won't put himself in positions to receive the ball so much, he will take the easier option and pass instead of taking the man on. It's human nature to do this when things aren't going well. Simple really!

The relationship between a fans desire to buy a season ticket and the performance of a team is reciprocal in some ways - you support the team, they play better and you want another ticket. Or you take the option - you moan/get on peoples backs, they feel the pressure, they make mistakes and you don't want another ticket. Trouble is, people like moaning.
I understood the point entirely, but maybe I expect something more from a professional than others might do, maybe my expectations are higher than that of others, or maybe my disappointment is a little more vocal than that of others. Either way I don't give a shit about football players any more. Overpaid, over pampered, over protected, mollycoddled spoilt little pricks.

If they can't be bothered to play because I'm not shouting their name, then they can f**k off as far as I'm concerned.

In the 1960s I saw a match in which Tottenham had a winger who was laughably bad. He would run quickly but somehow lose the ball on the way; his positional sense was all wrong. However, by the early 1970s Keith Weller was probably the best winger in the country and certainly the most exciting Leicester player I have seen. I am not daft enough to suggest that Gradel can be another Weller; if Weller was around now he would be playing for one of the top four clubs and not Leicester. I am suggesting that young players make mistakes and have to learn their trade.

In the 1960s I saw a match in which Tottenham had a winger who was laughably bad. He would run quickly but somehow lose the ball on the way; his positional sense was all wrong. However, by the early 1970s Keith Weller was probably the best winger in the country and certainly the most exciting Leicester player I have seen. I am not daft enough to suggest that Gradel can be another Weller; if Weller was around now he would be playing for one of the top four clubs and not Leicester. I am suggesting that young players make mistakes and have to learn their trade.
Agreed, Gradel could be a superstar, but I don't think we will be able to take the credit, much the same as we can't be blamed if he doesn't make it.

Same as Weller, I'm sure his ability was nothing to do with the fans, he was a professional sportsman with a gift, it just needed lots and lots of hard work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00