Is Gradel really any good!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that some people are already writing him off, and although he can be very frustrating to watch I think there's a very good little player in there somewhere. Adams seems like a much more steady player, and IMO is ahead of Gradel at the moment but i'm sure that when Max settles down and learns to play with his head up he will develop nicely.

Crossing is something he needs to add to his game but i'm sure that if he puts the work in he'll be one of our star players in afew years.

I understood the point entirely, but maybe I expect something more from a professional than others might do, maybe my expectations are higher than that of others, or maybe my disappointment is a little more vocal than that of others. Either way I don't give a shit about football players any more. Overpaid, over pampered, over protected, mollycoddled spoilt little pricks.

If they can't be bothered to play because I'm not shouting their name, then they can f**k off as far as I'm concerned.

If you think all footballers are like that, then your best finding another hobby! As for expectations, everybody has them, some peoples are just unrealistic. I expect leicester to get promoted but I don't expect a young lad to be tearing defences to pieces week in week out when he has obviously lost confidence. The key thing here is, fans can and do make a difference to players. Your strategy is obviously to knock them, mine would be to support and back them.

At Spurs Ramos got the psychology wrong. He made some players train away from the first team. Great idea, lets knock the confidence of the squad and then when I have to call on them, they'll get out on the pitch and fail. Harry Redknapp comes in and backs a goalkeeper who continues to make errors but the team keeps on winning. Now Harrry knows he is shit but he also knows that to get the best out of him, he will have to back him and build his confidence. Psychology is so important but some people don't know how to use it. Crowds can have the same impact on players but as I've already said, people love to moan and criticise and the resultant effect is poorer performances.

Last edited:
Gradels problem is he is too cocky, and when the time came to show off what he could do he fcuks it up. The lad has got talent no doubt, but I am afraid he has an inability to read a game. This is where how so called great manager should be stepping in and guiding him, unless he already is and he too is making big time mistakes with him.......:102:

As for all this bollocks about getting behind a team, it makes little difference from what I see. The crowd at Leicester got behind the team every game for years and years, but we still ended up with relegation. We ended up watching lower level football while most of the prima donnas fcuked off to bigger and better clubs......:icon_roll

It does not take much to suss out that the better they play the further up the leagues they go and the crowds get bigger. So it lies at the feet of the team!

I understood the point entirely, but maybe I expect something more from a professional than others might do, maybe my expectations are higher than that of others, or maybe my disappointment is a little more vocal than that of others. Either way I don't give a shit about football players any more. Overpaid, over pampered, over protected, mollycoddled spoilt little pricks.

If they can't be bothered to play because I'm not shouting their name, then they can f**k off as far as I'm concerned.

:038::038::038:

We're the ones who pay our money, some of us spending money we don't have and getting ourselves into debt to follow the team. If after paying frankly absurd, overinflated prices on the door you don't want to support players who appear completely uninterested in playing or utterly unable to so do, you're well within your rights to sit there and wait to be entertained. The one thing Martin Allen ever said that was correct was that the fans aren't here for the team, the team are here for the fans. We pay them.

I'm surprised that some people are already writing him off, and although he can be very frustrating to watch I think there's a very good little player in there somewhere. Adams seems like a much more steady player, and IMO is ahead of Gradel at the moment but i'm sure that when Max settles down and learns to play with his head up he will develop nicely.

Crossing is something he needs to add to his game but i'm sure that if he puts the work in he'll be one of our star players in afew years.

Adams is a brave and committed player and I respect his commitment. However, he always reminds me of Frank Worthington's comment about modern players who can trap a ball further than he could kick it. Adams may more effective than Gradel now but IMO has nowhere near the same potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00