Is no one smiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to go slightly off topic, but what is the relevance of Hey Jude to LCFC?
There isn't one, and I doubt there ever will be.

The only tedious link I can imagine is this: The original lyrics were "Hey Jules" as Macca originally wrote it for Julian Lennon when he was a child, just after John Lennon split from his Mrs. We once had a player called Julian play for Leicester City

The original lyrics were "Hey Jules" as Macca originally wrote it for Julian Lennon when he was a child, just after John Lennon split from his Mrs.

ive just heard this same thing on local radio about 5 minutes ago :icon_eek:

How about Jamie Lawrence's pineapple on his head song.

Nothing can compare to Stevie Walsh here there and every fecking where. Mind you, who has compared to him (on the pitch) since he left? :102:

I heard a variant on this back in the late 60's with "He's here, he's there, he's covered by his hair - Rodney Fern, Rodney Fern":icon_razz

Last edited:
There isn't one, and I doubt there ever will be.

The only tedious link I can imagine is this: The original lyrics were "Hey Jules" as Macca originally wrote it for Julian Lennon when he was a child, just after John Lennon split from his Mrs. We once had a player called Julian play for Leicester City
We also had a player called Lennon, although TBF, John Lennon never had much to do with this song other than be credited on it.

same chant/song for Stevie Earle.

Funniest ever has got to be:

Ormandroyd, Ormandroyd flying down the wing,
Ormandroyd, Ormandroyd strange looking thing,
Pass him the ball, Gosh he is tall,
Ormandroyd, Ormandroyd, Ormandroyd.

Or:

There's a circus in the town, in the town
Robert Maxwells gone and drown, gone and drown
Arthur Cox's got the fcuking pox,
Derby County goin down, goin down,
Sheep shaggers,
BbbbbbbbbbbbbbAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHaaaaa

Quality!

:icon_roll:icon_roll:icon_roll

The problem with 'When You're Smiling' is that people sing it too fast and it runs out of steam.
We should sing it slowly and loud - i remember when Stoke were at Filbert Street in the 90's and sang 'Delilah' - it's a shit song but they really gave it some and it got all their supporters going.

All Leicester's songs are rubbish, and teams with rubbish songs don't tend to be great. Apart from Arsenal - who i dont' remember having any songs but are actually quite good.

The problem with 'When You're Smiling' is that people sing it too fast and it runs out of steam.
We should sing it slowly and loud - i remember when Stoke were at Filbert Street in the 90's and sang 'Delilah' - it's a shit song but they really gave it some and it got all their supporters going.

All Leicester's songs are rubbish, and teams with rubbish songs don't tend to be great. Apart from Arsenal - who i dont' remember having any songs but are actually quite good.

If Tom Jones can get his song sung every saturday, im sure our own Arnold George Dorsey must have something in his locker for us to sing along too.

I hear it every game in block F1

Yes its sung in F1 more or less every game.

I do think the problem lies with people just not knowing the words and the rythme of the song.

I guess over the past 4 seasons there hasnt been much to sing about anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669