Is no one smiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarby

I know there isn't much to smile or laugh at the minute however i would like to hear this song sung more at the Walkers.

"When you're smiling, when you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you,
"When you're laughing, when you're laughing, the sun comes shining through,
"But when you're crying, you bring out the rain,
"So stop you're sighing, be happy again,
"Cause when you're smiling, when you're smiling,
"The whole world smiles with you, Ahhhh, (wiggle hands in the air)
"THE - (hands open for each word) WHOLE - WORLD - SMILES - WITH - (wiggle hands in the air) YOOOOOOOOOOOU!
"Oh LEICESTER (Clap clap clap),

Its a lot better than most of the tosh!!

:038:

Dissapointed at how it has fallen by the wayside personally.

People are too simple these days and are quite happy with a rousinf burst of

'LEICESTER, LEICESTER LEICESTEEEEEER, LEICESTER'

No respect for tradition, it's a travesty that no one knows the words.

I hear it every game in block F1

never said many sang it just that there are about 2 dozen or so that sing it every game in my block.

never said many sang it just that there are about 2 dozen or so that sing it every game in my block.

The whole KOP should be singing it. Lack of character.

im smiling a lil bit more after crushing norwich....but when we start singing:

EEYYYY III EYYYY III EYYY III OHHHH, UP THE FOOTBALL HERE WE GO...
WHEN WE WIN PROMOTION, THIS IS WHAT WE SING,
WE ARE CHAMPIONS, WE ARE CHAMPIONS,
HOLLOWAY IS KING - OH.....
EYYYYYYY III..............
......:icon_lol:

It was suggested a local group like Kasabian do a cover version and get that played down the Walker's.

Might catch on......

I know there isn't much to smile or laugh at the minute however i would like to hear this song sung more at the Walkers.

"When you're smiling, when you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you,
"When you're laughing, when you're laughing, the sun comes shining through,
"But when you're crying, you bring out the rain,
"So stop you're sighing, be happy again,
"Cause when you're smiling, when you're smiling,
"THE - (hands open for each word) WHOLE - WORLD - SMILES - WITH - (wiggle hands in the air) YOOOOOOOOOOOU!

Its a lot better than most of the tosh!!

:038:
:038: :038: :038:

Post of the week, Scarbs!

It was suggested a local group like Kasabian do a cover version and get that played down the Walker's.

Might catch on......

Wouldn't even need to be a band, just get a bunch of lads that actually know the words to record a version. Play it before kick-off. It'd be better than the usual shite that gets played, plus it would teach the words to the fans that don't know/seem to have forgotten so it would hopefully get sung during the game by a larger group of fans. I did write to the club suggesting it but got the usual **** off reply.

Wouldn't even need to be a band, just get a bunch of lads that actually know the words to record a version. Play it before kick-off. It'd be better than the usual shite that gets played, plus it would teach the words to the fans that don't know/seem to have forgotten so it would hopefully get sung during the game by a larger group of fans. I did write to the club suggesting it but got the usual **** off reply.
This nearly did come off a few years ago.

A group of fans were selected to sing the song and they were just waiting on studio availability to record it, but unfortunately the organiser became ill and it was never pursued.

I would support the idea. Especially if the recording was done at the right tempo and in a key everyone could join in with. The main problem I find when someone starts it in the ground is that they tend to start too high and too fast so that by the end half those whose voices are victims of years of fags beer and general misuse have dropped out.

I don't think it is a coincidence that those clubs who have a sing-along song as a warm up tend to have more singing throughout the game.

But if someone does take this up, include a few ladies as well as just the lads! I believe in equal opportunities embarassment.

It's our only original song and has been for years. 'When Your'e Smiling' was mentioned as just that in a book about football chants that came out about 10 years ago I think...no doubt one of our City trivia experts out there will now more about the book.

We should definately try to get the song adopted across the board at the Walkers. It's sad if the crowd today doesn't know the lyrics...but if so, and as Scarborough Fox suggested, wouldn't it it would make a better option for a print run than an Ollie mask?

I reckon we could persuade the club to put the words in the programme too. Anyone with friends in the right places?

There's a story I heard about the origin of us adopting the old Al Jolsen (I think) tune from Kopites at Filbert Street playing it and singing along pre-match on their pub's jukebox but again I don't know the detail....

Whilst we are on chants I bet I'm not the only one who still gets a big smile from hearing Chelsea fans singing,

"We will follow the Chelsea...over land and sea...AND LEICESTER!"

f**kin' priceless!!

Iwan is a welshamn song was always good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669