Italy v England

How did Madders play?

I normally don't watch Internationals as they are shite but the Mrs was out so I thought I'd give it a go, the game for a Neutral was actually quite decent, Kane scored his obligatory pen (which wasn't)and did nothing else except dive to waste time, GreaseBall just threw himself to the floor at every opportunity and missed an open goal, the ref wasn't having any of his nonsense which was refreshing.
Rice was lucky to not get a 2nd yellow from his Kung fu tackle but the biggest clown was Maguire who dribbled the ball out of defense passed straight to an Italian then lunged at him in which got him a yellow but the ref played on and Italy scored from, Maguire must have something on Southgate as he is dreadful and England will never win anything with players that consistently make mistakes.

When Italy actually decided to play England couldn't get the ball off them if the game had gone on for another 10/15 minutes they would of won and England would of been down to 9 men, no doubt the media and thick players will be saying we can win the Euros blah blah blah when all I witnessed was the same England shit with the same players making the same mistakes. As I couldn't care who won it was actually a good game of football.

I thought England played well. I don’t believe

Grealish shouldnt be the preferred left sided attacker. Too many better options there.

Bellingham is different gravy.

From the BBC website asking who is the greatest England player of all time, it's so staggering it's got to be a wind up...

"I'm prepared to get roasted for this as I’m supposed to hate him but I think Harry Kane is not only the best English player we have seen, I think he’s also the best player the premier league has ever seen. Top top top player and I hope he can win something, would love to see him in north London red!"
Jacob Fynn (Arsenal fan)

I normally don't watch Internationals as they are shite but the Mrs was out so I thought I'd give it a go, the game for a Neutral was actually quite decent, Kane scored his obligatory pen (which wasn't)and did nothing else except dive to waste time, GreaseBall just threw himself to the floor at every opportunity and missed an open goal, the ref wasn't having any of his nonsense which was refreshing.
Rice was lucky to not get a 2nd yellow from his Kung fu tackle but the biggest clown was Maguire who dribbled the ball out of defense passed straight to an Italian then lunged at him in which got him a yellow but the ref played on and Italy scored from, Maguire must have something on Southgate as he is dreadful and England will never win anything with players that consistently make mistakes.

When Italy actually decided to play England couldn't get the ball off them if the game had gone on for another 10/15 minutes they would of won and England would of been down to 9 men, no doubt the media and thick players will be saying we can win the Euros blah blah blah when all I witnessed was the same England shit with the same players making the same mistakes. As I couldn't care who won it was actually a good game of football.
I think that’s harsh on Kane, to be honest. I’m by no means his biggest fan, but I don’t think that’s a fair assessment of his performance last night at all.

I think that’s harsh on Kane, to be honest. I’m by no means his biggest fan, but I don’t think that’s a fair assessment of his performance last night at all.
Shush now, we're supposed to hate the England manager, hate the England players, and hate the way the England team plays. On those occasions that England play well and beat, for example, the champions of Europe, this all counts doubly.

Strange, we watched the same game but I saw it very differently. I thought we were really good in the first half and kept them pinned back for the most part.

I thought it was a nailed on penalty, I don't see how it couldn't be one.

Italy woke up in the second half and I thought we looked knackered.

Your point about if only there was more time is the same as a prize fighter complaining about championship fights only being 12 rounds. 'If only it was 15, I'd have won'. Well, it doesn't work like that.

Maguire is a liability, I can agree with you on that. :042:

Strange, we watched the same game but I saw it very differently. I thought we were really good in the first half and kept them pinned back for the most part.

I thought it was a nailed on penalty, I don't see how it couldn't be one.

Italy woke up in the second half and I thought we looked knackered.

Your point about if only there was more time is the same as a prize fighter complaining about championship fights only being 12 rounds. 'If only it was 15, I'd have won'. Well, it doesn't work like that.

Maguire is a liability, I can agree with you on that. :042:
England were good in the 1st half but Italy were much better in the 2nd.

Yeah I get the time part and both sides had equal time to win the game,the point I was trying to make was England had long run out of steam for 30 odd minutes, they were picking up yellows and just diving to win fouls to waste time and break up the Italians play, England did what they needed to do Pep would of been proud.

Bellingham was brilliant but Maguire was complete pony. The sooner Southgate drops him the better

I wouldn’t normally bother watching, but I was expecting the news to start on C4 and suddenly this was on instead. As it was against Italy I thought I’d leave it on and, as I say, England were actually decent.

Please make time to try and find a look at the national anthems though. I’m going to be kind to the lady who sang ours and guess that she couldn’t hear the music. She was horrific. The Italian anthem, which I normally like, seemed to be a euro trance version.
I just watched our anthem. It wasnt as terrible as I was expecting. Apparently there was a technical issue and the music in her earpiece wasn't matched with the music in the stands, it would have confused most I think.

I just watched our anthem. It wasnt as terrible as I was expecting. Apparently there was a technical issue and the music in her earpiece wasn't matched with the music in the stands, it would have confused most I think.
True but theirs was hilarious

Madders makes his most significant contribution to the England squad so far by holding up the shirt

****ing awful dirge anthem isn't it? About as inspiring as a sharp poo.
It's a song about bowing & scraping in front of someone who's better than you & a reminder that you're a pitiful peasant who should know your place. It's hard to ally that sort of thing to an uptempo tune.

Ever since Boris was elected I've been leading a campaign to to have it replaced with the Benny Hill theme. No takers so far. Boring ****ers.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563