It's Cotterill...apparently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
joe501 said:
and your reasons?

What has SC achieved that eveyone thinks him a knight in shining armour?

'He knew the set up' bollox! He might not need Sat Nav to get to the training ground, and might already know the board but so what? He doesnt know this bunch of players.

RK does and i would like him to have the opportunity.

Futhermore if this appointment is so good. Why did the same board not get SC after Adams resigned?

Last edited:
sildenafil said:
What has SC achieved that eveyone thinks him a knight in shining armour?

'He knew the set up' bollox! He might not need Sat Nav to get to the training ground, and might already know the board but so what? He doesnt know this bunch of players.

RK does and i would like him to have the opportunity.

By not only keeping a side like Burnley in the championship but also having them challenging the top half, a very good achievement for a club of their resources, you obviously know feck all about SC so rather than reserve judgement you decide to have a pop because he is not a fashionable enough name, I live in the North West and this guy is an excellent manager, has done a great job at Burnley and I have every confidence that he will do well at Leicester.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
By not only keeping a side like Burnley in the championship but also having them challenging the top half, a very good achievement for a club of their resources, you obviously know feck all about SC so rather than reserve judgement you decide to have a pop because he is not a fashionable enough name, I live in the North West and this guy is an excellent manager, has done a great job at Burnley and I have every confidence that he will do well at Leicester.

yeah and RK is so fashionable.

CL was a great manager in Scotland so what? MA was an exciting young manager so what? Mcghee was a talented manager and what?

sildenafil said:

CL was a great manager in Scotland so what? MA was an exciting young manager so what? Mcghee was a talented manager and what?

Actually, McGhee did rather well here, which is why he was poached by a "bigger" club.

sildenafil said:

And MA did win promotion, dont be a twat, just because you know nothing about Cotterill doesnt mean you have to dismiss his credentials, if appointed why dont you give him a chance instead of judging him from hearsay.

DesertFox said:
Actually, McGhee did rather well here, which is why he was poached by a "bigger" club.

none of them went onto achieve anything. SC is a panic appointment.

Like i said if he was so good why did this board not get him when adams resigned?

RK is here he has been with this squad he knows them and there is no getting to know them period.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
And MA did win promotion, dont be a twat, just because you know nothing about Cotterill doesnt mean you have to dismiss his credentials, if appointed why dont you give him a chance instead of judging him from hearsay.

MA achieved promotion becuase we still had some premiership players. what did he do when he went up? what did he do when we came down? what is he doing now?

SC is a panic appointment.

If he is the new boss of course i will want him to do well. I'm not judging from hearsay but dont assume he is some kind saviour.

Steve Cotterill is a very good manager and would be a good appointment.

sildenafil said:
MA achieved promotion becuase we still had some premiership players. what did he do when he went up? what did he do when we came down? what is he doing now?

SC is a panic appointment.

If he is the new boss of course i will want him to do well. I'm not judging from hearsay but dont assume he is some kind saviour.

listen to what yer sayin man, Steve Cotteril is a well respected football manager, and IMO if we get him we have done well. Rob Kelly is an excellent coach and he wants to stay that way. its hardly a panic appointment gettin SC in, a panic appointment would be Peter Reid:eek:

sildenafil said:
Why was he not appointed when MA resigned?

So as Levein was, there is no better manager???:102: :102:

Ever thought of buying a red nose and baggy trousers??

Last edited:
Duzza said:
So as Levein was, there is no better manager???:102: :102:

Ever thought of buying a red nose and baggy trousers??

no better manager? MN?

red nose baggy trousers? i'll leave the comic (whilst you give some) relief to SC

In blacks favour is the fact that he does know the english leagues and he does know our current crop of players.

I would feel comfortable with him building on that.:) He did bring in Paddy Mac.

Also if you read his post match comments they are very interesting. I like the team spirit he is trying to instill. Whilst not singling anyone out he manages to praise everyone.

Keep that man! Even if not in a managerial capacity.

SilverFox said:
In blacks favour is the fact that he does know the english leagues and he does know our current crop of players.

I would feel comfortable with him building on that.:) He did bring in Paddy Mac.

Also if you read his post match comments they are very interesting. I like the team spirit he is trying to instill. Whilst not singling anyone out he manages to praise everyone.

Keep that man! Even if not in a managerial capacity.

Kelly Silv, Kelly.

sildenafil said:
no better manager? MN?

red nose baggy trousers? i'll leave the comic (whilst you give some) relief to SC

Forget the red nose, maybe a few brain cells?

Here is what Cotterill has to say about the link:

The big question was over the approach from Leicester City for his services earlier in the week though and Cotterill said: "The Chairman has turned it down and that's how it is.

"I'm very privileged and honoured that Leicester have asked to speak to me and I thank them for that, but at the end of the day I'm manager of Burnley and I don't envisage that changing tomorrow or Saturday and we'll wait and see what develops now.

"I've had a chat with the Chairman today and we'll chat again tomorrow. He's made it known what he wants.

"A new contract might come out of it and it will look like it's on the back of Leicester, that may happen but there are a few other things that we need to talk about."

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10413~776155,00.html

sildenafil said:
Why was he not appointed when MA resigned?

I imagine it was because he had only just taken the Burnley job, and, having fairly recently walked from a mid-sized club (Stoke) after just a few months at the helm to join a bigger club (Sunderland), he didn't want to be left with a reputation as a manager who does that on a regular basis (which would have been deserved if he'd done it).

I think you're missing a vital point here with your demaning question - Why was he not appointed when MA resigned? You can only appoint someone who wants the job and is available to take it through unemployement or an agreement with their employer. So maybe, just maybe, one of those things wasn't in place at that time... it might not be now either.

I don't think the Leicester board are in a position to point a finger and make demands and watch everybody fall into line. In fact, only Chelsea are - reality time my friend.:icon_cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669