Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox Fox

From Bolton News:

EXCLUSIVE: Wanderers get green light for Megson
Exclusive By Gordon Sharrock
Comment | Read Comments (11)

Gary Megson: All set to take over at the Reebok
Leicester City have cleared the way for Gary Megson to become the next manager of Bolton Wanderers.

The Championship club are understood to have finally given their 48-year-old manager permission to speak to Wanderers chairman, Phil Gartside, over the vacant Reebok post.

There has been no confirmation from either club, but Gartside, who was twice denied permission to speak to Megson, is now free to talk to his number one target.

It is the most significant development yet in the search for a successor to Sammy Lee, who left the Reebok last week after just 14 games in charge, and it seems only a matter of time before the former West Brom and Nottingham Forest manager is officially appointed.

Great, perhaps now we can now try and forget the last 6 weeks ever happened.

Thats a tremendous idea.

Also means I dont have to waste my season ticket cash by not going on Saturday. Stowell and Rudkin back in charge? Melton will be pleased :icon_lol:

Good - this is a great result for us given that there isn't a chance in hell we will get promotion with this Ginger idiot in charge.

To be fair I think he will do alright at Bolton. His style of play will probably suit them more than it does us. I for one think that Smegson will keep Bolton up.

But THANK FECK HE'S LEAVING!!!

So strange how we haven't heard so much of the "he's steadying the ship/he's sorted us out/he's got us going in the right direction" type of comment during the course of the day

I would have thought there would be scores of people bemoaning the fact that we have (apparently) lost such a talented individual :102:

Suppose he turns them down! Garside might be trying to sign Megson on the cheap and Milan might increase his Leicester salary.

So strange how we haven't heard so much of the "he's steadying the ship/he's sorted us out/he's got us going in the right direction" type of comment during the course of the day

I would have thought there would be scores of people bemoaning the fact that we have (apparently) lost such a talented individual :102:

For the record I am actually a bit dissapointed that he is leaving. Obviously the fact that he wants to leave makes me want him gone, but I would prefer he stayed and wanted to stay.

after the elation of mm arriving then all the excitment about allen before the season i have to say i didnt expect to see the potetial search for a third manager of the season come in late october

For the record I am actually a bit dissapointed that he is leaving. Obviously the fact that he wants to leave makes me want him gone, but I would prefer he stayed and wanted to stay.

Balls to that - did you actually go last night?? It was the most inept display of so called football i have ever seen. With him in charge we would not go anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4575
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566