It's Holloway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I'm ignorant to Ian Holloway's career, please could somebody give me the run down of Holloway's managerial success and why he's chosen to further his career at Leicester City of all places?

As I'm ignorant to Ian Holloway's career, please could somebody give me the run down of Holloway's managerial success and why he's chosen to further his career at Leicester City of all places?

With no funding and a feuding board room he got QPR from League 1 to mid-table Champ, he has made Plymouth a very respected Champ side and he loves Blue Army as we're (in prospect) a bigger side than any of his previous. Not sure what he did at Bristol Rvs.

With no funding and a feuding board room he got QPR from League 1 to mid-table Champ, he has made Plymouth a very respected Champ side and he loves Blue Army as we're (in prospect) a bigger side than any of his previous. Not sure what he did at Bristol Rvs.
So the best he's done is taken a club to the level we're currently at already?

Why Leicester though, what is it he likes about this place?

So the best he's done is taken a club to the level we're currently at already?

Why Leicester though, what is it he likes about this place?

We're not actually, Plymouth finished above us and are currently in the play offs.

Money my dear Melts, money and ambition.

We're not actually, Plymouth finished above us and are currently in the play offs.

Money my dear Melts, money and ambition.
So he's just an "OK" manager, nothing brillaint, but certainly not rubbish.

I thought people were getting excited for a good reason.

Would he have came to Leicester if we offered him the same as what he was on at Plymouth d'you reckon?

Would he have came to Leicester if we offered him the same as what he was on at Plymouth d'you reckon?

He's the best option who would be willing to come to Leicester given our position in the league and recent history with managers.

I think it would be naive to suggest what sort of manager he is, he has had little to no resources wherever he has managed so far and has got those teams playing well.

Probably.

He's the best option who would be willing to come to Leicester given our position in the league and recent history with managers.
So people keep saying and admittedly it's an easy thing to say. What do people actually mean by this saying though and how do they come to that conclusion?

So people keep saying and admittedly it's an easy thing to say. What do people actually mean by this saying though and how do they come to that conclusion?

Well me old, like you said, he is an OK manager, not a brilliant manager, but certainly not rubbish. We are currently a middling to rubbish team in a poor league. Therefore we can't expect any manager above OK to be interested. Instead we have to settle for the middle to upper end of OK, which based on previous table positions of his teams, Ollie is.

It's like when you go out on the pull, you wouldn't bother with the 7 or 8's, you know the best you can get is a 5, but it's going to be the best looking 5

Anyone better told us to feck off Melts :icon_wink

Unlucky people.
Got yourself a lying pathetic man, thats full of nothing but rubbish.
Hope he turns up for his signing tomorrow but no doubt he'll show no courage to do that and give us the answers we deserve.

Therefore we can't expect any manager above OK to be interested.
Can't we?, are they all that shallow that the club has to match their ability?, nobody interested in turning the fortunes of a team around anymore?, do they all want ready made clubs?

Unlucky people.
Hope he turns up for his signing tomorrow but no doubt he'll show no courage to do that and give us the answers we deserve.

Sour grapes?

That may be sour grapes, but it's certainly the impression he's given me over the years.

Oh well, clean sheet 'n' all that

Sour grapes?

Indeed

Being A Plymouth Argyle fan I want some information how close this deal is to being done. Down here it looks set to be completed and as you can imagine there is total up roar. Any info you can offer me would be most appreciated.

If ou do get our beloved Ollie you are getting easily one of the best booses around.

Well mate hate to break it to you but that is before he disappeared to a club he set the rumours linking him were poppycock. He said he loved Plymouth (the city) and the surrounding area. Loved the people and thought the club was going places. He said how against all this increased money in football he was. Now look at whats happened.

Hope you're happpy with your man but now the truth about hinm has came out I'm pleased he aint ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669