It's Holloway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh, is that the hold up then? Is it that Ollie wants Tim Breaker there?

I don't think it's necessarily a hold up, just more of a confirmation that Holloway is ok with having GT as part of the set up. I'm fairly sure Tim Breaker will be his asst anyway. GT reverting back to 1st team coach as per the Megson days.

I dont understand these people who seem so against Holloway becoming manager and suggesting he is MA2? Apart from giving 'honest' interviews after games I cant see anything that would suggest they are the same type of manager.

Also, who do they think (realistically) would should be going for?

It just seems that whoever is given the job there will be the same 'few' who will moan about the appointment :bang:

I dont understand these people who seem so against Holloway becoming manager and suggesting he is MA2? Apart from giving 'honest' interviews after games I cant see anything that would suggest they are the same type of manager.

Also, who do they think (realistically) would should be going for?

It just seems that whoever is given the job there will be the same 'few' who will moan about the appointment :bang:

Personally I am pleased with this appointment.

I think he's far beyond Allen's like.

He's certainly more smarter, he's done better than us at Plymouth and this would be a natural progression in terms of potential club size (although I think Plymouth could be with the right backer a Premiership outfit) but I am surprised he didn't tell us to feck off after our non-interview way back.

Also, at QPR I thought he developed a team fully of thuggish no-marks, he's done a much smarter job at Plymouth - he can accomdate Lilian Nalis to starters.

Last edited:
Not too impressed with this appointment (it now looks close to certain), I consider him to be the type of Manager who tries to hide behind his humour.

However, I do quite like the guy, and if he can deliver the goods on the field, then I'm more than happy to hear his off field claptrap.

Once he's our Manager, then he's our Manager and he gets our support.

Good luck "Olly" :038:

Good news IMO, Holloway or Megson? No choice really Holloway evertime. It's all worked out for the best assuming he comes!

FACTS:
The players love him and he has always done a good job wherever he has been.
His post-match interviews at times have been extremely funny.
His teams play with committment and desire to win.
His personal life has been hard at times, which I believe will mean he has his feet firmly on the ground.
Plymouth fans are absolutely gutted to lose him, is this the first time in a long time that we have heard this? I don't remember Brentford or MK Dons fans or Hearts fans being so universally gutted at losing their managers.
I firmly believe Ollie could be the next man to not only get this club going, but also endear us to the media as did Martin O'Neil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669