It's MIKE NEWELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
RN Fox said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

What more can I do here. I highlighted the top choices Cotterill and Newell we lost out on Cotterill because of Burnleys determination to keep him. We now have the second choice virtually done and dusted he's had his second interview and he's keen to come, but again nothing is set in stone.

There are only 2 things that come into the equation:

1. If Luton somehow get him to change his mind via the fans, players and convincing MN that they will match his vision for the future and also give him a longer contract. Fans and players can sway a managers thinking and they could realistically offer him a new contract etc. but the sticking point will be the future vision. They cannot match what we can offer both in terms of resources and vision. Remember he used to play for the club and knows the score here.

2. If the board wait until after the Brighton game, which looks the case, and we batter them. They will may put pressure on RK to stay until the end of the season with a view to a new appointment then. This would deliver a little continuity and the "if it aint broke" scenario would kick in. Would MN stay on ice until then, I don't think so.

So the obvious solution is to bring in MN now to work with RK get us out of trouble and pave a way for a new dawn next year when once again we all gather on the same starting line. Then watch us go........

Once again the information sources are good so I will continue to post them here unless I get a ban.

Don't let them grind you down RN - I think you've done a spendid job so far :038:

Ox Fox said:
Don't let them grind you down RN - I think you've done a spendid job so far :038:

Dead right. Problem on here is that you get held personally responsible for any genuine information you post. Like me you want the fans to know some of the info that you have which is not readily available to everyone. But if circumstances change like Cotterill which are obviously out of your control you get shot as the messenger.

I know you get great info....but who said well done for your previous scoops Fryatt etc. No one. But they'll shoot you this time if you are not right. I got slaughtered for being slightly behind you and being a carp speller.

It may be best to keep it to yourself.

The Fox said:
Dead right. Problem on here is that you get held personally responsible for any genuine information you post. Like me you want the fans to know some of the info that you have which is not readily available to everyone. But if circumstances change like Cotterill which are obviously out of your control you get shot as the messenger.

I know you get great info....but who said well done for your previous scoops Fryatt etc. No one. But they'll shoot you this time if you are not right. I got slaughtered for being slightly behind you and being a carp speller.

Nothing wrong with your CARP spelling, you spelt it right.

I can't help being skeptical. Having been told info from what should be very reliable sources, only to find out later that the opposite happens means I don't trust anything. I'm only glad I never posted anything. :icon_cry:

:icon_conf
RN Fox said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

What more can I do here. I highlighted the top choices Cotterill and Newell we lost out on Cotterill because of Burnleys determination to keep him. We now have the second choice virtually done and dusted he's had his second interview and he's keen to come, but again nothing is set in stone.

There are only 2 things that come into the equation:

1. If Luton somehow get him to change his mind via the fans, players and convincing MN that they will match his vision for the future and also give him a longer contract. Fans and players can sway a managers thinking and they could realistically offer him a new contract etc. but the sticking point will be the future vision. They cannot match what we can offer both in terms of resources and vision. Remember he used to play for the club and knows the score here.

2. If the board wait until after the Brighton game, which looks the case, and we batter them. They will may put pressure on RK to stay until the end of the season with a view to a new appointment then. This would deliver a little continuity and the "if it aint broke" scenario would kick in. Would MN stay on ice until then, I don't think so.

So the obvious solution is to bring in MN now to work with RK get us out of trouble and pave a way for a new dawn next year when once again we all gather on the same starting line. Then watch us go........

Once again the information sources are good so I will continue to post them here unless I get a ban.

m8 your info is bang on newell hopefully will come as youve said he's had second round talks but not put pen to paper yet ,ive not chatted to my souce as ive got flu but everything youve been told ive been told an hour or so latter
:icon_cool :icon_conf

LeeH said:
I can't help being skeptical. Having been told info from what should be very reliable sources, only to find out later that the opposite happens means I don't trust anything. I'm only glad I never posted anything. :icon_cry:

Stop yer moaning and be thankful that we are getting some insight into the efforts that are being made on our behallf.

The Fox said:

You got slaughtered as you haven't posted anything yet before other media has reported it. RN says you do know stuff though so that's good enough for me, as he has proved himself.

Good find. Couldn't help but smile at this though...

Wayne Rooney has agreed a five-book deal that will earn him at least £5m from publishers Harper Collins

haha

I think you should give anybody with 'inside information' a break, we all know bullsh*t can be flying around and it is very easy to start rumours, but it is quite easy to spot it. You also have to remember that these people choose to come on here and give us this info and they are actually breaking somebodies confidence.
Take any info with a pinch of salt, but if it doesn't come off it doesn't mean it wasn't true. As Madbiker always says 'nothing is certain' and until he signs on that dotted line and has the blue scarf above his head anything can happen.
Remember MON and the Spurs game???

Thank you for posting your info, all of you, keep it up. :038:

Anyone with genuine information who posts on here is absolutely welcomed by me - I may not say I appreciate it, but I do....

'How very dare you...'

Wayne Rooney write five books? It could take decades! What is the fifth book going to be about? Come to think of it, what is the second book going to be about? I'm assuming the first one is going to be about his lovely girlfriend.

Sometimes life is stranger than fiction... maybe he's going to write five novels!

Hatters battle to hang on to their manager after his Leicester job offer
Luton Town are battling to spurn the advances of Leicester City as they fight to hold on to manager Mike Newell.

And The Herald&Post understands that behind-the-scenes changes are being planned at Kenilworth Road in an effort to persuade Newell to stay.

Exact details are vague, but the newspaper believes the developments relate to new investors described as 'proper football people' being ready to commit more cash to the club.

It is not known if it will mean a change of ownership at Hatters or whether it will purely mean additional financial clout for the Town in their attempts to move to a new stadium and make progress off the field.

The move is hoped to persuade Newell (pictured) to turn down a job offer from Leicester City which is believed to have been made to the 41-year-old on Tuesday night.

Newell, a former Leicester player and who was linked with a managerial post at the club back in October 2004, met with Foxes officials for the second time this week.

It is thought he was offered the role to take over the reins at the Walkers Stadium following the departure of Craig Levein last month.

However, Newell has been told of the possible change in circumstances at Hatters and is believed to be ready to continue his work at Luton.

A source close to the dealings told The Herald&Post that Newell was ready to turn down Leicester's offer by the end of the week and that the planned changes at Town were central to his decision.

Newell has guided Luton to the fringes of the Premiership since taking over when Town were in crisis having been placed in administrative receivership while in League One two-and-a-half years ago.

But he is known to be frustrated by the lack of progress off the field with the club no nearer to securing a new stadium.

Luton's current limited ground capacity and the fact that the club could not afford to attract new faces before the transfer window is known to have made Newell question how far he can take Hatters.

But the new developments at the club coupled with Leicester City's precarious position just three points above the Championship's relegation zone may just be enough to keep one of England's most highly-rated young managers at Luton.

It is thought that a new contract offer for the father-of-five is also being drawn up to reflect the achievements he has made at the club.
09 February 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670