It's time to turn on our owners

Leeds had issued a statement within an hour or two of full time, apologising to fans and promising to do better.

Utter silence from our club. Not even acknowledged on our social media that we're relegated...

Hopefully busy sacking Rudkin.

Leeds made a big statement last year as well about how they would make sure they avoided being in relegation battle again this season…

It’s one thing saying something. It’s another actually doing it.

I disagree with a lot of criticism of Top so far, he entrusted Whelan and Rudkin to run the club. It’s backfired. Now is his time to do something about it…

I’d rather wait a few days and have a statement about actually change rather than something on social media to appease the masses.

Word on the street is that both Whelan and Rudkin are frantically briefing their friends in the media against the other one.

Therefore, for the first time, it is very easy to read an article and know instantly which senior official was the source.

Looks to me like they're playing a game of musical chairs and they've just gone down to the one chair.

Trouble is, Aiyawatt hasn't got the balls to make a decision so will just close his eyes now that the music has stopped.

It's like an entire new series of Succession.
Just read this.
There is a lack of knowledge and explanation over exactly what happened last summer, but those with the answers do not seek to give them. It has been a long time since any decision-maker at City, aside from the manager, has spoken to the media. Supporters are not informed anywhere near as fully as they could be.

Jordan Blackwell -
Rodgers frequently said the club mustn’t be scared to sell, but again, there was inaction. Contracts and sales are the domain of director of football Jon Rudkin. His negligence left the club with a bloated squad of players who did not want to be there or who were told they were unwanted.

He ain't to far wrong there.

Seems like a pretty coordinated smear campaign on Rudkin so far. Not that he doesn’t deserve it, but this kind of internal politics are another clear sign of how deep the rot is.

Not sure how Rudkin even got the job. He was neither a professional player nor had a business background.

Not sure how Rudkin even got the job. He was neither a professional player nor had a business background.
Probably had access to the same dodgy photos as Mike Stowell. Did the academy actually produce anything of any value while Rudkin was in charge of it either ? ****ed if I can remember.

He was my brother’s coach at U11 and subsequently worked his way up from there. Don’t know what he did before that, but given that that was 30ish years ago, I doubt he’d done a huge amount before.

I see someone’s been on Wikipedia this week

View attachment 17742
& again

Following the 2022/23 season, it is understood that he is responsible for the footballing decision to sell Kasper Schmeichel to save a few quid due to Susan Whelan managing the clubs finances into the ground. Rudkin having been plundering a living from the club first as a mediocre youth team coach and latterly promoted to director of football thanks to gaining access to the library of potentially compromising photographic evidence held, for over 2 decades, by Mike Stowell, the club's alledged goalkeeping coach & generally worthless spare part. Rudkin is due to be imminently sacked by the club along with Whelan. Stowell will remain. Until the end of time. Possibly longer.

The really bizarre thing is letting people who were clearly excellent at the job like Dave Rennie go.

I was thinking the same - is Dave Rennie at another club now? Wonder if he'll be brought back.

That decision alone has seemingly had a huge impact - look at our injury record before and after.

I was thinking the same - is Dave Rennie at another club now? Wonder if he'll be brought back.

That decision alone has seemingly had a huge impact - look at our injury record before and after.

He's at Bristol City with Nigel.

Oh and he just got Matty James to 34 appearances last season.

From memory Matty's final injury with LCFC against Chelsea seemed inextricably linked to the top-heavy physique he emerged with after two years "rehab" - his little knees couldn't take the strain. The thought of Justin, Ricardo, Evans et al emerging from the tunnel like a gaggle of overstuffed Christmas turkeys is just another horror that awaits in 2023-24.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4595
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4564