It's time to turn on our owners

Another point about them is the lack of communication.

You could argue that they don't have to say anything to fans but I'd strongly disagree. A football club is not a simple private business. We get nothing except banal platitudes from the club. They could remove doubt about their plans and their decision making by setting out their rationale. However we don't get anything. Just the occasional stage-managed article in the programme or website which is utterly worthless.

When was the last time Top, Whelan or Rudkin allowed themselves to be interviewed? Have they ever? I know that multiple journalists have repeatedly asked over the years and they've just been knocked back. The only person that speaks is the manager because he has to. It's pretty unfair on him that he has to answer for every decision that the club makes.

It's just ignorant behaviour. If they don't respect us enough to speak to us, they don't deserve us to also only think the very best of them.
I agree with this for the most part. I don't think they need to tell us about the business goings on or about their financial position but I'm absolutely with you from a footballing perspective. When things are going so badly on the pitch, there needs to be some words from the club's hierarchies to placate fans and give us some insight into what they are trying to do to rectify the situation. This is especially the case when the manager has been openly criticising them since the summer.

I agree with this for the most part. I don't think they need to tell us about the business goings on or about their financial position but I'm absolutely with you from a footballing perspective. When things are going so badly on the pitch, there needs to be some words from the club's hierarchies to placate fans and give us some insight into what they are trying to do to rectify the situation. This is especially the case when the manager has been openly criticising them since the summer.
Agree with this.

I’m expecting some words on this from one of them (presumably Top) in the Brighton match day programme. Will be worried if there isn’t anything.

I’m expecting some words on this from one of them (presumably Top) in the Brighton match day programme. Will be worried if there isn’t anything.
That’s not really the same though is it - that could be easily be (and probably is) written by an assistant and signed off.

That’s not really the same though is it - that could be easily be (and probably is) written by an assistant and signed off.
And there’ll be a lot of words but it will say absolutely nothing.

What about what they've done to the matchday experience? It's totally fecked.

They have utterly ignored supporters and introduced atmosphere killing policy after atmosphere killing policy. If their intention was to turn the ground into a morgue, they've done it. Even when they introduced the 'singing section', they immediately killed it by over-stewarding it and making it all about their own banners and only singing approved songs.

Matchday ticket prices are a disgrace. They price out younger and potential supporters. Students come to Leicester and some want to come along to the KP. No chance. You want to bring along younger family members to a PL game? No chance. The structuring of ticket availability and pricing is locking out the next generation. As a result, the KP is full of miserable old feckers like me. The ever increasing number of empty and unsold seats should be telling them something but they don't care.

Look on TV at the crowds in away ends. Whenever you see an LCFC away end, it is full of old ****s that have been going to games for centuries. The same old mob with their flasks and their cuddly Filberts and no interest whatsoever in making a noise. If you want to start going to away games, no chance. You've got to put in years of effort to get a foot in the door. It's practically a closed shop.

Then there is the idiotic phone access policy designed to make it harder for supporters. It has resulted in loads of delays, difficulties, changes being hastily announced, people getting in late, etc. Do they give a shit? Of course not.

Look at the stadium. **** all spent on its facilities in a decade. These plans for the future are pie in the sky. It won't happen without them selling up to someone with the cash to make it a reality. All the money went on Seagrave for them, not us.

What about the catering? It's appalling. Awful overpriced food and drink treating us like second class citizens whilst they trough the proper stuff in their exclusive areas. Every now and then they give out a horrid warm can of piss or some other shite and pat us on the head.

Or the use of music to kill any atmosphere. The music when a goal is scored and the nonsense before kick off which completely stops any fan noise. What about pre-match or half time entertainment? Nope. That's been cut for a few seasons now. Once again, it doesn't mean anything to them so feck us plebs.

I could go on. The main summary is that they've made everything worse for everyone except themselves.

They have utterly ignored supporters and introduced atmosphere killing policy after atmosphere killing policy. If their intention was to turn the ground into a morgue, they've done it. Even when they introduced the 'singing section', they immediately killed it by over-stewarding it and making it all about their own banners and only singing approved songs.

Matchday ticket prices are a disgrace. They price out younger and potential supporters. Students come to Leicester and some want to come along to the KP. No chance. You want to bring along younger family members to a PL game? No chance. The structuring of ticket availability and pricing is locking out the next generation. As a result, the KP is full of miserable old feckers like me. The ever increasing number of empty and unsold seats should be telling them something but they don't care.

Look on TV at the crowds in away ends. Whenever you see an LCFC away end, it is full of old ****s that have been going to games for centuries. The same old mob with their flasks and their cuddly Filberts and no interest whatsoever in making a noise. If you want to start going to away games, no chance. You've got to put in years of effort to get a foot in the door. It's practically a closed shop.

Then there is the idiotic phone access policy designed to make it harder for supporters. It has resulted in loads of delays, difficulties, changes being hastily announced, people getting in late, etc. Do they give a shit? Of course not.

Look at the stadium. **** all spent on its facilities in a decade. These plans for the future are pie in the sky. It won't happen without them selling up to someone with the cash to make it a reality. All the money went on Seagrave for them, not us.

What about the catering? It's appalling. Awful overpriced food and drink treating us like second class citizens whilst they trough the proper stuff in their exclusive areas. Every now and then they give out a horrid warm can of piss or some other shite and pat us on the head.

Or the use of music to kill any atmosphere. The music when a goal is scored and the nonsense before kick off which completely stops any fan noise. What about pre-match or half time entertainment? Nope. That's been cut for a few seasons now. Once again, it doesn't mean anything to them so feck us plebs.

I could go on. The main summary is that they've made everything worse for everyone except themselves.
I hate going to the ground. It’s shit. Every aspect of it.

So I don’t bother anymore. I’ve been to one game this season.

On and off the pitch it is a shitfest, and has been for ages - still amazes me that some can’t see it, presumably because of blind blue mongie loyalty

I know this thread is aimed at the owners, but it’s actually the hopeless employed ****s who are running the place who are at fault - Top is too far removed to know what a complete cods they’ve made of it all, as are most owners. Blame him for the Brendan disaster, for sure, but he won’t know about the other stuff

Christ, if ever a poster needed a blowjob…

On and off the pitch it is a shitfest, and has been for ages - still amazes me that some can’t see it, presumably because of blind blue mongie loyalty

I know this thread is aimed at the owners, but it’s actually the hopeless employed ****s who are running the place who are at fault - Top is too far removed to know what a complete cods they’ve made of it all, as are most owners. Blame him for the Brendan disaster, for sure, but he won’t know about the other stuff

No no Homer, you've got it all wrong. Top clearly is picking every element of the matchday experience himself. The goal music is just the start. His grand plan is to turn the football team into a front just to get his "Top's Top Hits" Spotify playlist played in front of 30,000 people every other week.

He's even snuck one of his own tunes in there he's been working on, the absolute entitled wazzock.

Seriously agree on the ticket prices. This is my first season without a ST since 98, but Christ, is it expensive to go to a match. Even shit matches are around the £50 a ticket mark.

3 of us are going to Brighton and it's set us back £150 to sit at the back of the east stand by the Kop.

I wouldn't say I've ever factored to cost of going to football before, but for an experience that with petrol, a pint and pie, will set me back a tonne, I'd rather go for a cracking dinner with my wife (that's truly a sign of how bad things are on the pitch! ).

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463