It's time to turn on our owners

I am delighted to find so many 'fellow travellers' on this board: however, I'm afraid that we're living through the dog days of capitalism. This means that proletariat ownership of the means of production/football teams is yet to occur. (I have never understood this, "It's my team" argument.)

Having accepted that the club belongs to Top and co., I would agree with the complaints of their total lack of success: what have they done for Leicester City FC? Well, apart from winning the Premier League... oh, and the FA Cup... and yes, we've had five seasons of European football but, apart from that, they've been useless!

BN,

if Madders, Barnes and Castagne sell for 100 million plus and those 8 players wages are off the books we should be able to keep the nucleus of the squad.

it is a sorry state of affairs and piss poor management has been the main cause. I am not sure how much the parachute payments are however, we must be looking to bounce back immediately next season?

How do you stay within FFP when you are relegated from the prem to the championship, especially when you have fixed contracts?
This is it.

Sell those players, remove a bunch a stheyre out of contract and see if we can renegotiate including a "get up" clause. And we can keep some of our talent, add to them, and plan an assault on the Premier League. It's the only way forward. Get rid of everyone and rebuild from the start might not be right unless the squad really is that rotten from the core that they all need to go.

I’m hearing we’ve sent about half our allocation back
Yes, because they won't sell to non members and only complete ****ing retards are going there on a Monday night to watch this bunch of absolute ****s get hammered by Saudi Arabia

Yes, because they won't sell to non members and only complete ****ing retards are going there on a Monday night to watch this bunch of absolute ****s get hammered by Saudi Arabia

See you there, then

I wonder whether the apathetic fawning peasants, otherwise known as Leicester City fans, will ever express some protest against the leadership of the club?

Aiyawatt, Whelan and Rudkin. They never say a word to us that hasn't been written for them and reprinted in their own publication. They make the Royal Family seem in touch with their people.

I cannot comprehend a similar situation happening at a serious football club where these Captain Edward Smith impersonating goons wouldn't be hounded into submission by now.

This is what I cannot accept. ****ing up is human. Relegation can happen. But not having the guts to speak to fans is totally unforgivable and why I've decided to give up on my club at the end of the season.

I just won't be treated like scum any longer. The relationship between football fan and club is a unique and important one. Our leaders have destroyed my bond with this club. I'll be at the final two home games and that's me done. I have more self-respect than doing this any longer.

I emotionally signed up to a deal with Leicester City in the late 1970s. It's the current leadership and our unbelievably apathetic fans that have broken it.
You raging Queen.

I agree. I am a Leicester City fan. I sometimes enjoy watching other matches but I cannot and will not get emotionally invested in anyone else.

As City fans, all we can do is protest to make our feelings heard. Nobody is doing it though. I remember being outside the old main stand screaming Pleat/Shipman out and Shipman coming out to debate with fans. I cannot believe that I'm nostalgic about Shipman but at least he treated fans like human beings.

George, Smeaton, Elsom, Mandaric, they all explained what they were doing and why. I'd often disagree but there was some sense that they knew their role as custodian of something greater than them and respected the fans right to be part of the conversation.

I've never fully bought into the King Power thing. I have written on here many times about my distaste for their business, their corruption in Thailand, the parading around the pitch, the requirement to respect their royal family, the statue of Vichai being placed where it is, and so on. My attachment to them is only based on them making my club better than it would be without them. They have poured money into the club. It has created some wonderful memories. But without Vichai, they've ****ed it.

Over the last couple of years they've increasingly agitated against fans with ticketing, crowd control decisions, pricing, match day experience drivel, and so on. There is no dialogue. Just a pretend Fans' Consultative Committee that excludes anyone that expresses criticism. I've had a couple of personal attempts to do things that they've been incredibly poor at dealing with. They routinely treat fans like unwanted and insignificant annoyances.

So what choice do we have left? My only power is to not renew my season ticket and emotionally detach from the club. It's their club now, not ours.
Then **** off.

You're treating it like the goodbye a hero gives at the end of a shit American film.

I'd be tempted to get a ST now there'll be availability. At the same time it does **** me off a lot that the non-st fans have been seen as unimportant.....see Newcastle away not available to general sale despite shite numbers. Am I petty enough to cut my nose off to spite my face, probably.....

I agree. I am a Leicester City fan. I sometimes enjoy watching other matches but I cannot and will not get emotionally invested in anyone else.

As City fans, all we can do is protest to make our feelings heard. Nobody is doing it though. I remember being outside the old main stand screaming Pleat/Shipman out and Shipman coming out to debate with fans. I cannot believe that I'm nostalgic about Shipman but at least he treated fans like human beings.

George, Smeaton, Elsom, Mandaric, they all explained what they were doing and why. I'd often disagree but there was some sense that they knew their role as custodian of something greater than them and respected the fans right to be part of the conversation.

I've never fully bought into the King Power thing. I have written on here many times about my distaste for their business, their corruption in Thailand, the parading around the pitch, the requirement to respect their royal family, the statue of Vichai being placed where it is, and so on. My attachment to them is only based on them making my club better than it would be without them. They have poured money into the club. It has created some wonderful memories. But without Vichai, they've ****ed it.

Over the last couple of years they've increasingly agitated against fans with ticketing, crowd control decisions, pricing, match day experience drivel, and so on. There is no dialogue. Just a pretend Fans' Consultative Committee that excludes anyone that expresses criticism. I've had a couple of personal attempts to do things that they've been incredibly poor at dealing with. They routinely treat fans like unwanted and insignificant annoyances.

So what choice do we have left? My only power is to not renew my season ticket and emotionally detach from the club. It's their club now, not ours.
It's not even our game any more. I can't afford to go to matches. I can't afford Sky Sports. I can't afford the kits. Working class game my ****ing arse.

It's not even our game any more. I can't afford to go to matches. I can't afford Sky Sports. I can't afford the kits. Working class game my ****ing arse.
If you could afford a game, would you want to shell out £50 on this shithouse

Yep. & they deserve every ounce of it for the inexcusable ineptitude. Years of it now. It's not as if everything collapsed in 5 minutes. It's been rank mismanagement over a period of years & we're reaping the reward for it now. At least the players can just **** off out of it & go on to the next gig. We're stuck with it.
I think most, if not all of us agree with you. I 100% agree with every word. I wouldn’t cross the road to see any one of our players. I’ll support them when they’re on the pitch cos’ (however poorly) they’re representing my club. But I haven’t felt a connection with any of them for many years. Perhaps that’s me getting old and/or just a reality of the modern game.

And as for anyone in a position of power at the club, I wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire. Multiple people have destroyed a recently successful club. And no I’m not referencing success as winning the Premier League. By success I mean we were a stable, competent top division club. The chief culprit is the owner because ultimately the buck always stops at the top. And if I was able to regularly attend matches, I know the free beer bollocks and the statements in the program etc. would royally piss me off.

But I don’t support any individual. I support a club. And I always will. Even when I hate the owner and the cronies he employs and think pretty much every player is a ****.

So I’ll be as much of a fan of Leicester City Football Club now and forever as I have ever been.

You aren't missing anything. The football is shit, the match day experience is a joke and you will be surrounded by horrific ****s like homer.

This season has felt like a job rather than something you do for enjoyment

You aren't missing anything. The football is shit, the match day experience is a joke and you will be surrounded by horrific ****s like homer.

This season has felt like a job rather than something you do for enjoyment
The Bournemouth match was quite possibly the most depressing 90 minutes of football I have watched.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563