I've just heard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom W said:
Well on the bright side, he's younger than dickov was when he joined, and has scored more goals, and played at a higher level for longer. Dickov was a total joke when he joined but now he was wanted by 9 premiership clubs or something, maybe freedman will turn out the same? plus he did help palace get promoted last year, who knows.

i dont know what you lot expect really, i mean you bleat on about novo, mcphee etc, if they were really half as good as you talk them up to be, they wouldnt be coming here anyway would they. we can't sign good young players, accept it.

If we're just going to sign old players why not keep some of the ones we had? At least we knew how they'd perform. We need 'good young players' because even though older ones could probably 'do a job' in Div 1 and promotion, they'd be no good for the Premiership and we saw this season what its like trying to build a whole Premiership team over the summer.

You seem to have a low opinion of our club. Yes we're not one of the top teams in English football, but we have a 32k stadium, a new academy, and we've been promoted from Div 1 lots of times before, the attraction for young players to come here would be higher level football, and the possibility of either playing in the Premiership or using us as a stepping-stone to go to a bigger club, after all we know how people like to sign players we've made famous.

Tom W said:
Freedman is a fans favourite at palace though, and Dickov had played about 2 games for arsenal just because he happened to come through the youth system there, then played for a relegated division 1 team and in div 2 before we bought him.

They're both the exact same position really except freedman is a year younger and has been playing at a higher level? wait till he plays for us first at least

Dickov got Man City promoted up two divisions. they were in the premiership when they sold him to us. He did not come through the Arsenal youth system, he is Scotish remember, they must have signed him as a youngster.

To call Freedman a Palace fans favorite is ridiculous, he is not even a first teamer. They have players like Julian Gray, Wayne Routelidge, Andy Johnson, Nigel Legitwood (who is shit if you ask me), Neil Shipperly.

FREEDMAN WAS ON THE BENCH FOR THEM!!!!

wasn't Gunnlaugsson a fans fave for leicester, but he only played about 5 games right?

freedman got 20 league goals in our last promotion season for a shit team, dickovs never got 20 league goals before now has he?

Just stop looking for reasons to knock him before he's come, give him a chance. Micky knows more about football than any of us im sure he knows what hes doing.

Tom W said:
wasn't Gunnlaugsson a fans fave for leicester, but he only played about 5 games right?

freedman got 20 league goals in our last promotion season for a shit team, dickovs never got 20 league goals before now has he?

Just stop looking for reasons to knock him before he's come, give him a chance. Micky knows more about football than any of us im sure he knows what hes doing.

Listen mate, we have all seen Freedman play, he is nothing special, he is not appallingly bad. Just don';t say he is as good as Dickov when he clearly isn't.

I've just had the news confirmed, my dad has been down to renew our season tickets and he went in to the club shop and asked jokingly if there were any new signings and they said Dougie Freedman, they said someone had been in to have his name on the back of their shirt. Crazee

sounds like he knows loads about football howe many shit signings did he make last summer?
hignett
dabizas
brooker

Malf said:
I've just had the news confirmed, my dad has been down to renew our season tickets and he went in to the club shop and asked jokingly if there were any new signings and they said Dougie Freedman, they said someone had been in to have his name on the back of their shirt. Crazee

Crazee, yes, inspiring, no. :? :? :roll:

i aint supposed to be a football manager

I'm a fan and i care about my club thats all

discojoe said:
freedman couldnt score with twenty quid in a brotthle he is pig poo bring back arnie gunlauggson any1 but him

How can you say that???

03-04
23 games played 17 as a sub scored 15
02-03
25 games played 9 as a sub scored 11
01-02
42 games played 1 as sub scored 21

Not a bad return for someone who " couldnt score with twenty quid in a brotthle"

Ok fine, I give up, you're right lads, freedman is a piece of shit. Lets boo him when he puts on the leicester blue, and lets hold up some big banners saying Micky Out.

Micky is a wanker who's done nothing for this club, I hate him so much

Micky makes me laugh.

Ok, Freedman would be a good squad signing, nothing more than that. However, it seems that he will become a straight swap for Dickov. He is capable of scoring goals at this level, but he is no way near the quality of Dickov. I thought he said we were going to replace our players well? Evidently, that doesn't look to be the case.....

We're looking to rebuild for the future - So what does Micky do? First two transfer targets over the age of 30...... :roll:

Ok, we need some experience, but it has been said many a time before, if we wanted experience, we could have kept on a few of those we released.

all im saying is there are better players than dougie freedman he should be putting all of his effort into keepin thatch and bent and gettin novo

Can I just confirm that Gareth Williams from Notts Forest is on the verge of signing for us, i've read it on a Nottingham Forest website, Marlon will be pleased.

Malf said:
Can I just confirm that Gareth Williams from Notts Forest is on the verge of signing for us, i've read it on a Nottingham Forest website, Marlon will be pleased.
Is this who you were on about Craig? I didnt know we were linked with him before. Is he any good i never seen him play. At least he has age on his side, though this makes it seem even more likely to fall through :|

Malf said:

Good... quality young gun!!!

Just wish everyone would hold off on slagging Micky off until all his signings are here!!!

Petrescu said:
Malf said:
Is this who you were on about Craig? I didnt know we were linked with him before. Is he any good i never seen him play. At least he has age on his side, though this makes it seem even more likely to fall through :|

If this is true then it is a diamond, I really like his style of play, very goos passer of the ball.

Nottingham Forest will have to come up with a "considerably improved" contract if Gareth Williams is to stay with the club, his agent warned today.

The Reds have offered the highly-rated midfielder a three-year deal.

But his adviser, Phil Graham, says the Scottish international will sign for another club unless the City Ground outfit come up with something better.

"As things stand, it is unlikely he will sign for Forest - unless they come up with a better contract offer," he said.

"We have had interest from several other clubs and I will be having talks with another Division One side in the near future.

"If any other club makes an acceptable offer to Gareth, he will sign for them.

"But the deal Forest are offering at the moment is not acceptable."

The Reds would be entitled to compensation if Williams does leave as he is only 22.

Graham added: "If it comes to it, we are happy to go to a tribunal."

gareth williams is a quality player and thats comin from a leicester fan he has got it all shooting passing tackling and YOUTH sign him up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263