Speculation James McArthur

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather James McCarthur get screwed over for us to leverage the signing of a player that could tie together our young, talented squad together. Cambiasso, if all goes well will, by action or example tie together our players when we need to be solid and give them the confidence and composure on the ball that they will need to show against strong teams. Garry Parker was not in the same league as Cambiasso, but sat in front of or defence and gave the younger talented midfielders (Lennon, Izzet, Taylor) the confidence and service to drive the team forward. He also filled in for Guppy and Savage when they ventured forward because he could spot danger.....
that's why he's a good signing......and that's why McArthur is not that important.
Simpson and a good, impact striker like N'Daye seems to be from his record would also be great signings....

Glad we aren't going bonkers and instead are signing players to new deals and spending less thatn £15m of our newly found £180m wealth over three years.

and this.

Perhaps. But what is important is the perception other players and clubs now have of us. I hope it doesn't affect our future transfer attempts.

It shouldn't be a problem. We've only heard one side of the story, and even that is contradictory. Uwe saying we've unsettled the player left him in limbo, Dave Whelan saying we've conducted business very professionally etc.

It's important to remember that pronouncements like this are meant first and foremost to be consumed by the local fanbase.

In this case, they're looking to explain away the fact that they were prepared to sell off one of their better players at a time when their fans would be expecting them to consolidate the squad for a promotion push. So, "the other boys were mean" should be taken as nothing at all in the long run.

Has anyone else noticed that these problems only started since Cambiasso joined?! Seems like he's a bad influence already.

I know that the Leicester management don't like to discuss players that we have not signed, but I think that, in this case, it would be a good idea to say something. It may harm our chances in future transfer negotiations if we get a reputation for being unreliable: AND, I do not want to think that my team would do such a thing. I would like to be reassured that we behaved honourably.

I know that the Leicester management don't like to discuss players that we have not signed, but I think that, in this case, it would be a good idea to say something. It may harm our chances in future transfer negotiations if we get a reputation for being unreliable: AND, I do not want to think that my team would do such a thing. I would like to be reassured that we behaved honourably.

All clubs know what's going on. The networks in football are vast (and certainly wider than a fan forum), and therefore either a) we've done something wrong and therefore we can't defend ourselves, b) we're in the right and people know it anyway or c) this happens all the time and who gives a f*ck.

Can't believe people care tbh. Players do similar all the time, as do other clubs.

All clubs know what's going on. The networks in football are vast (and certainly wider than a fan forum), and therefore either a) we've done something wrong and therefore we can't defend ourselves, b) we're in the right and people know it anyway or c) this happens all the time and who gives a f*ck.

Can't believe people care tbh. Players do similar all the time, as do other clubs.

Youll be glad to know I couldn't give a shit what anyone at Wigan says or thinks. I didn't even know people liked football in that neck of the woods.

The notion that this player has said goodbye to his teammates without even having ever spoken to us is ludicrous and someone is telling lies.

If true I still think Peter Odemwingie did not leaving better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566