Speculation James McArthur

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but I was just replying to Orifice's post. This is clearly going in that direction.

Ok, I could have dropped it in the Cambi thread but I was just so excited by the upcoming news I just happened to drop it in here.
Anyhow, next time......

I really want us to sign McArthur as well as Cambiassopants.

Looks like the move is off

JAMES McArthur’s move to Leicester has fallen through, Uwe Rosler has revealed.The Foxes had offered a bid in the region of £6.5m which was accepted by Wigan chairman Dave Whelan.
However, the Premier League outfit’s capture of Esteban Cambiasso saw them abandon their pursuit and withdraw their offer – leaving the Scottish midfielder a Wigan Athletic player.
Fans will now have to wait until 11pm on Monday to see if any other clubs make a move with Crystal Palace thought to be keeping tabs on the 26-year-old.
Rosler today made it clear though that he was happy for him to stay at the DW Stadium and will meet him later today (Friday).
He said: “James hasn’t trained for the last couple of days, he will be at training today.
“James is a fantastic player and a fantastic person and I told him I would never have sold him but it got to a level where the chairman made a decision.”
It is unclear whether McArthur will face Birmingham City at the DW Stadium tomorrow, but Rosler added: “We are all expecting James to be the same person he was two days before all of this (interest).”
The Latics boss was still confident of recruiting Brentford’s Adam Forshaw.

Looks like the move is off

Rosler is saying we've left the player "in limbo" according to BBC Radio Leicester. Don't think we are coming out of this with much credit. We'd be pretty annoyed if another club did this to one of our players.

Rosler is saying we've left the player "in limbo" according to BBC Radio Leicester. Don't think we are coming out of this with much credit. We'd be pretty annoyed if another club did this to one of our players.
Or it could be Wigan/The Player/His Agent/Dave Whelan have been mucking around with us. Rosler can take a hike. Also, it's noticable that LCFC have not been mouthing off in the press like Whelan.

Or it could be Wigan/The Player/His Agent/Dave Whelan have been mucking around with us. Rosler can take a hike. Also, it's noticable that LCFC have not been mouthing off in the press like Whelan.

Not how Wigan are seeing it.

Wigan Athletic manager Uwe Rosler believes Leicester City "used" the club's midfielder James McArthur.

A fee was agreed for McArthur, 26, to join the Foxes, only for the newly promoted side to sign free-agent Esteban Cambiasso late on Thursday.

"We didn't accept the pay structure and then Leicester left James in limbo," says Rosler. "I feel sorry for James. He got used in a way and we and he have to live with that. It's unusual. I've never experienced that where a club agree a fee and then make no contact over pay structure.

"Now we have to make sure we get James right again. I feel for the lad because he had already said goodbye to everybody at the club."

I hope the club have handled themselves appropriately in all of this, it's not McArthur' fault and shouldn't be played for a fool. I personally would of liked to see him sign as well. After all Cambiasso is only here for a year and McArthur is only 26. Unless Nigel doesn't see him being good enough in the long run?

Not how Wigan are seeing it.

Wigan Athletic manager Uwe Rosler believes Leicester City "used" the club's midfielder James McArthur.

A fee was agreed for McArthur, 26, to join the Foxes, only for the newly promoted side to sign free-agent Esteban Cambiasso late on Thursday.

"We didn't accept the pay structure and then Leicester left James in limbo," says Rosler. "I feel sorry for James. He got used in a way and we and he have to live with that. It's unusual. I've never experienced that where a club agree a fee and then make no contact over pay structure.

"Now we have to make sure we get James right again. I feel for the lad because he had already said goodbye to everybody at the club."
" We didn't accept the pay structure ". What in the name of all that's holy does that mean? Sounds like Wigan turned down our offer because they didn't like how the transfer fee was to be paid. In which case it's Wigan who have dropped McArthur in the doo-doo, not us.

Uwe is a twat if he thinks that's how it went. The player said goodbye to everyone at the club? Is he for real? So we agreed a price, but didn't agree how the money was to be paid, something I guess that needed doing prior to personal terms were agreed. Why did the player say goodbye to everyone if we'd not even met or spoken with him?

Dave Whelan should have kept his fat trap shut, rather than picking the blower up to SSN and blabbing it all out. Didn't Whelan congratulate us as a club on the negotiation side of things and said we'd been fantastic about the whole thing?

Something odd about this whole deal, and from my view point it has naff all to do with us.

Uwe is a twat if he thinks that's how it went. The player said goodbye to everyone at the club? Is he for real? So we agreed a price, but didn't agree how the money was to be paid, something I guess that needed doing prior to personal terms were agreed. Why did the player say goodbye to everyone if we'd not even met or spoken with him?

Dave Whelan should have kept his fat trap shut, rather than picking the blower up to SSN and blabbing it all out. Didn't Whelan congratulate us as a club on the negotiation side of things and said we'd been fantastic about the whole thing?

Something odd about this whole deal, and from my view point it has naff all to do with us.

He says the rejected the pay structure then says we made no contact about the pay structure. He's an idiot.

I'd rather James McCarthur get screwed over for us to leverage the signing of a player that could tie together our young, talented squad together. Cambiasso, if all goes well will, by action or example tie together our players when we need to be solid and give them the confidence and composure on the ball that they will need to show against strong teams. Garry Parker was not in the same league as Cambiasso, but sat in front of or defence and gave the younger talented midfielders (Lennon, Izzet, Taylor) the confidence and service to drive the team forward. He also filled in for Guppy and Savage when they ventured forward because he could spot danger.....
that's why he's a good signing......and that's why McArthur is not that important.
Simpson and a good, impact striker like N'Daye seems to be from his record would also be great signings....

Glad we aren't going bonkers and instead are signing players to new deals and spending less thatn £15m of our newly found £180m wealth over three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363